hulika

Author Topic: Electronic/Digital Drum Equipment Thread  (Read 236176 times)

Offline powercharge

Re: Electronic DRUMS!
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2008, 05:00:07 PM »
Parehas lang. Sa US kasi they sell it na complete set kaya "SW" yung code nila. Pero two boxes pa rin. The drum kit is TD6-KW and stand is MDS-3C or MDS-6L.

Price ng set mo dito sa Pinas e mga Php140k.

Grabe best place to buy there in HK. Cheaper than in the US. If I will upgrade my kit, diyan na lang ako bibili ng TD6 or TD9 na drum module at extra PD8 and CY8.

Offline adl

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2008, 05:12:39 PM »
yeah the shipping is deadly!

timpanista, how much is the yamaha dtxplorer there in hk?

Offline timpanista

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
yeah the shipping is deadly!

timpanista, how much is the yamaha dtxplorer there in hk?

around 5-6k hk$ adl
Pearl Session Custom SMX  Pearl Prestige Session SPX  Roland TD6KW V Drums  Axis A-L2CB Dynasty DFX14

Offline black_panther

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Electronic/Digital Drumming Equipment thread
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
i am not really a electronic guy, but lately i am appreciating the benefits and wonders of it having it as an extension of your drumkit,  :wink:, i am looking forward of getting a medeli kit for myself (since the roland's are too expensive haha)

btw guys some new stuffs from Alesis arrived our stores already, my favorite is this one, the alesis performance pad

although i am still on the process of learning this tool, its the excitement of exploring new grounds of drumming that drives me to learn more about this stuffs..cheers     :wink:
SPL AUDIO MARKETING QUIAPO, MANILA
TEL#735-54-40
 HI-FI LOUNGE ALABANG FESTIVAL MALL  TEL#842-81-33  THE MUSIC SOURCE EDSA  TEL#376-4598/ 415-03-66

Offline ixizmusic

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Electronic Drumming in Live situations
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
Hi guys

Just inviting you to watch the video of out band Wyre in YouTube

Im just an intermediate drummer, but what i like to share with the group is
viability of electronic drums in drumming and gigging.

Ive yet to get dough and try out the Medeli electronic drums featured in the next thread or maybe they can sponsor me, hehehe. Id love to tinker with it and max out all the sampling capabilities and midi options to connect it to softwares such as Ableton live and Native Instruments' Battery.

Currently I use 2 Roland SPD11 ( this is the old 1990s generation drumpad, the new one is still way expensive ) for my set-up.

There are 3 basic challenges I face in electro percussions / drum pads

1) Linear playing and independence.
2) Playing to a track.
3) Audience impact.

Linear playing and independence. As opposed to using four limbs, but since i dont have a foot pedal trigger, im limited to maximize the sound / use of my drum pads to only two limbs. Its not flashy but its a good study on linear independence on playing hihat, bassdrums, snare, toms and cymbals on a flat linear surface using two limbs.

I learned this years ago in a book " ONE SURFACE DRUMMING" whos author escapes me. The concept is playing musical drum notes i one surface which can push your creativity in maximizing your rudimentary pallete of the RR LL RR / RL RL RR LL, etc... very applicable to drum pads, kajon, and other percussions

Playing to a track. Session drummers and drummers who's bands use sequenced music can relate to this. Its difficult to sync your own "human" time with that of a click track. What I do (as a seq programmer / keyboardist) is look ahead on who i will be playing this song to.. a live drummer, a guitar player... and make the song with them in mind. That is give musical space to these musicians. For the drummer, i would create a " for live drum track only" where the drum programming is minimal giving space for the live drummer to play along. Having a good click reference is key for the drummer so at times (but not always) I do not quantize my programming. Thats one of the key advantages of being a seq keyboardist and drummer at the same time, you know when the song would hype up and speed a little and you know when its gonna drag a little.

For this minimal setup gig, I used a Roland SPD-11 drum pads
for drums and fills. On the second song i just used the drum
pads for fills as i concentrated on playing synths on top of
the sequenced synth programming running Ableton live rewired to Reason 3.0. Songs were sequenced entirely on Reason 3.0.

Audience impact.  Ive gigged with our minimal electronica setup since 2003. One of my major challenges is connecting with the audience. So many sounds would come from only 2 people. And we have always had our fairshare of critical musical purists criticizing our musical prowess in gigs.
We totally feel comfortable if its an all Electronica line up bands. This is specially evident when we play along full member bands (vox, bass, guitar, drums, and keys) I swear when we played at Club Dredd akala ko kukuyugin kami sa reaction ng crowd. No bottles were thrown but close to that. The thing is I had to make 2x the animation / theatrics and showmanship to compensate for the laptop performance. I had to make a connection with the audience that what i was doing eventually do trigger sounds.

Hope this article gave an insight in electronic drumming / sequencing in playing live.

I'll see how the thread goes. In future articles Ill discuss, click playing, humanizing drum programming, midi set-ups, syncing with available softwares such as Ableton live, Native Instruments Battery, etc

thanks

boyramos
==========

IXIZMUSIC
Mobile music & Music production
sound equipment *event hosts * DJs *
urban dance groups * event production
http://ixizmusic.multiply.com
http://www.myspace.com/ixiz

Offline zyncopado

• Netizen Level
Re: Electronic Drumming in Live situations
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
BoyR...

I'm using my vdrums to trigger percs.  However, what I would like to do is connect the pads to an Alesis I/O hooked up to my laptop to trigger Ableton Live.

Are you familiar with this set up?

What I'm trying to accomplish is to have the parts grouped into a verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, intro, extro, etc... and assign them to different pads.

This way, i'm not a slave to the sequence of the song.

If you can describe a schematic, I would greatly appreciate it.

Peace!

pacoarespacochaga

Offline wendsworld

Roland SPD-20
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »
Hi fellow drummers...a friend gave me a Roland SPD-20 percussion pad...medyo my sira nga lang...my idea ba kayo where to have it repaired? thanks!

I think about...the loveless fascination
Under the Milky Way tonight....

Offline powercharge

Re: Roland SPD-20
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »
Try at Yupangco in Makati. Sila lang ang authorized repair center ng Roland Products dito.

Offline wendsworld

Re: Roland SPD-20
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »
alryt i'll visit them one of these days...thanks bro
I think about...the loveless fascination
Under the Milky Way tonight....

Offline forerunnermusic

Re: Electronic Drumming in Live situations
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2008, 06:42:28 AM »
Ixiz, Have you gotten around to try the Medeli kit?  if you're in the South, a set is set up at Hi-fi Lounge.
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline joots

• Philmusicus Noobitus
electronic drums
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
Have anyone tried this? They say it sounds like the real thing. Link below.

http://www.retpercussion.us/vptpackages.htm

Offline forerunnermusic

Re: Electronic/Digital Drum Equipment Thread
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »
the guys at TMS made this video for your reference....

http://thepocket.multiply.com/video/item/40/TMS_jam_Trying_out_the_Aria_STB-JB-DX5_and_Medeli_electric_drum_kit

Robert de la Cruz on the Medeli DD-506 E-drums, Roger Alcantara on Bass and Clint Estomago on Guitars
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline forerunnermusic

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2008, 08:43:53 AM »

Check out the Medeli DD-506 E-Drums at the 4th Arts and Music Festival at Hall 3 of Mega Mall today til Sunday.

visit us at The Music Source booth, on hand would be JP Buduan and Robert dela Cruz to show you around the Medeli, MAPEX, STAGG and VATER products.

nice discounts will be offered at the show.
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
Electronic or Acoustic Drums?
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »
Hi guys what do you think is more appropriate for me? Electronic or Acoustic Drums, ilalagay ko lang sa "Studio" ko for personal use, Pros and Cons?...

Eto po aaminin ko, wala akong alam sa pag-tug-tog nang drums...Pero i think mas mahihirapan akong matuto kung wala akong drums hehehe

Paki lagay nadin po kung ano marerecommend nyo na Electronic or Acoustic Drums...Thanks!

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Electronic or Acoustic Drums?
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »
Kung wala ka pa pong experience or first time pa lang, IMO mas maganda pag acoustic. Mahirap masanay sa feel ng electronic, tapos biglang lilipat sa acoustic  :-)

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2008, 11:42:31 PM »
How about sa tunog hindi ba mas verasatile ang tunog nang Electronic cause you got to choose your "Patch"(hindi ko alam tawag dun eh), main issue ko po kasi is yung space eh,kaya mejo i'm on the Electronic's side...

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2008, 11:45:52 PM »
Basically, with electronic kits come the advantages of variety (yes, with patches and samples), recording convenience, and playing without the noise.

Still, nothing can beat the sound and feel of a good kit with good cymbals. :lol:
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline phfreq

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2008, 12:04:10 AM »
i guess depende sa primary objective and priority mo.

since hindi ka pa marunong magdrums, if your primary purpose is to create and record songs, ok siguro yung electronic drums or pwede ding drum machines of pc/software based drum samples and grooves.

kung ang primary objective mo is to learn drums and ok lang yung noise, go acoustic. Pero note that kung irerecord mo ung acoustic drums, kailangan pa rin ng mics, mixers, recorders, cables, among other things... magpapatong patong na ung gastos.. and also nandon din ung sound treatment ng rooms. Recording drums (well) is not really an easy thing. Pero kapag electronic drums, mabilis lang ang recording -- tap lang sa out nung drum brain tapos pasok sa recorder, solve na..

Online Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2008, 12:06:26 AM »
c/o The SEARCH function:

Acoustic vs. Electronic drums
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,79322.0.html
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 05:33:55 AM by Akira JUMBO »
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline paulknk

• Netizen Level
Alesis dm5 repair technician?
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2008, 01:23:02 AM »
hi! anybody who knows into alesis dm5 repair? thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 05:42:40 AM by Akira JUMBO »
life, a continuous learning process...

kamustahin natin mga pinoy musikero sa states!  http://fil-amusic.com

reycantong

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2008, 11:43:47 AM »
I'm currently using a Roland TD-3KW and waiting for my (Toontrack's) Superior Drummer 2.0. Check the links below and see how realistic the samples are:

feature=related

That's Nir Z on the drums by the way.

For me, this is the most practical way to get the most out of your drum sound. Many choices and options to choose from. This will let you focus more on your drumming techniques rather than spending more time tweaking the mikes, the drums, the  room etc. to get your drum sound.

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
JB music electric drums
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »
who's been to jb music lately? may nakita niyo ba yung electric drums doon?

ok ba siya?

cheapest electric drums na nakita ko. ---though certainly not much of an eye candy

I wanna try playing the drums kasi pero I can't have an acoustic set cause I've got angry neighbors.

pwede naba? or what can you recommend na electronic drums for beginners

Offline manrey

Re: JB music electric drums
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2010, 12:15:19 AM »
ano kayang brand yung hinandle nila?
alesis kaya?

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »
ano kayang brand yung hinandle nila?
alesis kaya?

yung cheapest nila is around 16K ata AFAIK, LA drums yung brand.. not much of an eye candy indeed.. :lol:

who's been to jb music lately? may nakita niyo ba yung electric drums doon?

ok ba siya?

cheapest electric drums na nakita ko. ---though certainly not much of an eye candy

I wanna try playing the drums kasi pero I can't have an acoustic set cause I've got angry neighbors.

pwede naba? or what can you recommend na electronic drums for beginners

This might help.. :wink:

New to Electronic Drums

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,163546.0.html

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2010, 07:02:39 AM »
practice yup pwedeng pwede na. mabilis mo nga lang pagsasawaan kasi:

1. hihat - open and close sounds lang sya, walang in between
2. sound library - walang usable sa default kits, pwede ka naman mag assign ng user defined kit para mapili mo yung tamang tunog ng toms, snares, kit at cymbals
3. plastic pedals - palitan mo ng real pedals at diy kick pad. plastic din yung hihat pero ok lang na wag mo na palitan kasi on-off lang naman nagagawa nya
4. hindi dual zone yung ride - stuck ka lang sa isang sound, walang bell
5. medyo mahirap yung crash choke, masyado maliit yung choke button di mo pa kita kasi nasa ilalim