The Musician Forums > Music Technology & Pro Audio

DIY Acoustics and Soundproofing Thread

<< < (127/127)

alien_inside:

--- Quote from: Nelson de Leon on March 01, 2017, 12:06:48 AM ---I beg to disagree sir. Can you cite why it's not effective? What kind of eggshell foam are you referring to? Who said it's for bass trapping?

--- End quote ---
Baka kasi URATEX, and not AURALEX..

alien_inside:

--- Quote from: jake z on August 01, 2017, 11:11:59 PM ---bringing this thread back to life.

So I have this mini studio at home and I've been accepting clients lately. It's a small room about 14x14ft. Then my hanging cabinet pa which takes roughly 2 ft of space. Then my glass window which is roughly 3'x3' which I covered with a blanket and a curtain. My question is or are:

1. What will be the best approach for me to lessen the sound coming inside the room and coming out of the room?  - my options are Foam Egg Crates which I saw sa classifieds.
2. Should I cover just the walls or including the ceiling? - Budget is not my friend these days :(

So yeah, nagrerecord kasi ako ng vocals and pag naka solo track na, medjo rinig yung boses ng kids sa labas ng room.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thank you as usual PM :)

--- End quote ---
FOAM? no. it's for kinda treatment.. choose auralex.
you need MASS in soundproofing(isolation).

jake z:

--- Quote from: alien_inside on January 14, 2018, 09:43:08 PM ---FOAM? no. it's for kinda treatment.. choose auralex.
you need MASS in soundproofing(isolation).

--- End quote ---

I selected rockwool instead. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version