hulika

Author Topic: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!  (Read 1799922 times)

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
All right sir! I'll try to look for the parts this weekend. I'll hook it up with my micro terror head.

Thank you!

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
By the way, I'm wiring a 2 x 10 speaker set up. Do I still use a mono jack?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
By the way, I'm wiring a 2 x 10 speaker set up. Do I still use a mono jack?

Yes. A mono jack will do. But do check the impedance (ohms) of each speaker and note the "total impedance" you want to set for the cab, to determine what wiring you'll use (series or parallel).

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
I got the parts needed for my custom cab.

What's the worst that could happen to my amp head and cab if I accidentally wire it the wrong way?  :wave:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
I got the parts needed for my custom cab.

What's the worst that could happen to my amp head and cab if I accidentally wire it the wrong way?  :wave:

Hmm. Either your amp breaks or your speakers burn.  :lol:

What's the impedance of each speaker in the Behringer shell? Whats the impedance needed by the Micro Terror?  :-)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
I wish Chino makes cabs again. Sobrang happy ako dun sa ginawa niyang cab for me.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
I wish Chino makes cabs again. Sobrang happy ako dun sa ginawa niyang cab for me.

Hi sir Marco. Thanks for the kind words, glad you liked it. Tingnan natin. I'm contemplating on building one for myself again. Pine 1x12 na naked build (wala kasi mahanap na tolex).

On a side note, I found a good marine ply not too far from where I live. Reputable brand that's widely used locally for building boats. A bit more expensive than the ones I've used before, pero it seems quite promising.

I just don't have the luxury of time I used to have when I was building before. :)

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
Hmm. Either your amp breaks or your speakers burn.  :lol:

What's the impedance of each speaker in the Behringer shell? Whats the impedance needed by the Micro Terror?  :-)

Ouch!  :-o

Each speaker has 4 ohms and 60 watts power handling. The micro terror requires a minimum of 4 ohms for it's speaker output.

Should I do a series wiring?

Thanks for the help.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Ouch!  :-o

Each speaker has 4 ohms and 60 watts power handling. The micro terror requires a minimum of 4 ohms for it's speaker output.

Should I do a series wiring?

Thanks for the help.

Minimum naman yung 4ohms kaya you could run it safely with a 4 or 8 or 16 ohm cabinet. :)

Since 4 ohms per speaker yung nasa Behringer shell, yes, safest way to wire it up would be SERIES. You'll have a total of 8 ohms for your cab. :)

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
Minimum naman yung 4ohms kaya you could run it safely with a 4 or 8 or 16 ohm cabinet. :)

Since 4 ohms per speaker yung nasa Behringer shell, yes, safest way to wire it up would be SERIES. You'll have a total of 8 ohms for your cab. :)

Thanks sir! I'll  keep you posted on my progress.  :-D

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Here is Chino's handiwork. [gooey brown stuff] amp chassis all mine, but the craftsmanship on the cab is great.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Hi sir Marco. Thanks for the kind words, glad you liked it. Tingnan natin. I'm contemplating on building one for myself again. Pine 1x12 na naked build (wala kasi mahanap na tolex).

On a side note, I found a good marine ply not too far from where I live. Reputable brand that's widely used locally for building boats. A bit more expensive than the ones I've used before, pero it seems quite promising.

I just don't have the luxury of time I used to have when I was building before. :)

papa chino, check ka rin sa shoe supply stores. I remember just lastweek I checked out pingping shoe supply and they had this material na tweedlike ang itsura and texture. dami ring choices na pwede pagpilian.

or better yet, pass by the OTTO leather shop in Marikina. a leather wrapped amp should be sexayyy :D
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Some clips of the build:

With a 1979 Strat:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYHOiFg4Ur/

Clean with PAF style humbuckers on an SG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYSmCCgZmp/

Overdrive with PAF style humbuckers on an SG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYUceAgI__/

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
just finished... aion aurora

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
just in... LBP guitar boost

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Halfway there!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Halfway there!

grabe linis paps! great job!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
grabe linis paps! great job!

Thanks paps. Gotta change those decoupling caps to MLCC though. Will finish this one on weekend. :cool:

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Partially done. Have yet to go through calibration. Took me almost a day finishing this out, of course not just in one sitting. Some pots came from different vendors so I had to improvise making: (1) dust seals using heatshrink tube + electrical tape, and (2) PC mount pins using diode clipped leads. Straight to amp sounds a bit muffled. Guess calibration is vital to unleashing the true potential of this beast. Left RX7-RX9 empty and CX1 with jumper wire. Modifications done:

VOL1 to 2kA
MID1 to 2kA
IC4-IC9, and IC12 to OPA2134
C51-C65 to 220uF, 50V
C40 to 2u2 tantalum

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Now, I'm formally done with my rehouse project. :)

DSC_2083 by Rei Chino Pua, on Flickr

DSC_2109 by Rei Chino Pua, on Flickr

P_20170311_111528 by Rei Chino Pua, on Flickr

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Some clips of the build:

With a 1979 Strat:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYHOiFg4Ur/

Clean with PAF style humbuckers on an SG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYSmCCgZmp/

Overdrive with PAF style humbuckers on an SG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRYUceAgI__/

Sounds creamy good!!  :-D

Offline sikheadzraf

Ask ko lang if anyone here knows kung san makakabili ng 475k saka 47.5k na metalfilm resistor? Wala sa tayda e 😞
Ref:
J-ROCK80s,karlo07,zildjianmehraj,numeroh_unoh,p2ltronilogd,neil_tin,charlz,Jazzed,demoboi,studiowan,RJ-GRG,shkc,BossingBoss,6stringsamurai,omen,beans,mahavishnu,Jared_Tomines,epektos.com,incubus32,opaymikko,upfront
 Beware of: modded

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ask ko lang if anyone here knows kung san makakabili ng 475k saka 47.5k na metalfilm resistor? Wala sa tayda e 😞

Tricky values, and tricky to find metal film resistors locally. Try RS Electronics online.

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus

475k = series 470k + 5k1
47.5k = series 47k + 510

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Partially done. Have yet to go through calibration. Took me almost a day finishing this out, of course not just in one sitting. Some pots came from different vendors so I had to improvise making: (1) dust seals using heatshrink tube + electrical tape, and (2) PC mount pins using diode clipped leads. Straight to amp sounds a bit muffled. Guess calibration is vital to unleashing the true potential of this beast. Left RX7-RX9 empty and CX1 with jumper wire. Modifications done:

VOL1 to 2kA
MID1 to 2kA
IC4-IC9, and IC12 to OPA2134
C51-C65 to 220uF, 50V
C40 to 2u2 tantalum

super angas bro! clips pls! :)