hulika

Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 6415 times)

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
  • Veteran Member
American Idol
« on: February 24, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »
Oo na, baduy ako :) I'm getting quite addicted to American Idol. I stopped watching it ever since Bo lost, but now I'm hooked again.

AJ Tablado is supposed to be Pinoy. He sounds good, although some say that he doesn't have "it."

Poor Antonella is getting a serious character defamation on the internet. I guess that's what you get for being too pretty. Poor girl.

Lakeesha is getting a lot of fans. She's one of those stereotypical black girls with a big voice. Me thinks she's another Mandisa though. (They usually get kicked out in the end.)

The boys are quite interesting. One of my faves (Rudy Cardenas) just got kicked out. Hopefully Blake won't suffer the same fate. I'm not too fond of Sundance, even if I find his personality such a darling.

Jim likes Chris Sligh (who I hate, hehe).

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: American Idol
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »
the last exit song last night was "free ride" from the edgar winter group. grabe this song plus "the whipping post" that bo bice sang, really raised my eyebrows that sometimes there are pleasant surprises at am idol.  +1000 to the am idol band, they really can cover all styles.

im kinda rooting for sabrina - magaling.
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline weedur

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »
(yeah. AI is cheesy... thats why i watch it. :-D)

I think its going to be Jordin Sparks.

--but really, my favorite is Antonella. I don't care if she sounded bad the last time.

Offline daemonite

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 11:38:49 PM »
I like the curly haired girl with a high-bridged nose. nakalimutan ko name. pero astig ang boses! pati si back-up singer.... amazing....
Drummer / Keyboardist
PrimeApes / Chuckoy Vicuņa Combo
https://soundcloud.com/daemon-keys

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 12:02:43 AM »
Sabrina nga!
http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season6/sabrina_sloan/

this one? she can sing and she has spunk
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 01:38:55 PM »
but really, my favorite is Antonella. I don't care if she sounded bad the last time.

I love her too :) And we're in luck! She's safe for this week! Yey!

Too bad about AJ :(

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »
ok, scandalous pics of antonella, you decide if its her.
http://antonellabarbapix.com/

great songs last night, well sung, grabe, "My Funny Valentine" saka syempre yung kanta ni Sabrina Sloan, op cors... she's my candidate...  when she finished her last note of the song, she had the smile of a person who knew she really did a great job on that song, and shared a private moment with the musical director, one in thought, that each other did a great job.

Offline Chichikat

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 02:40:20 AM »
I bet melinda "the back-up singer" will not win... because the great contestants usually doesn't win. think chris daughtry, jenifer hudson and so on...
"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist."

Offline the_jj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 09:03:23 PM »
Blake Lewis is good pero overrated..
My Own Epic Drama, My Own Scripted Page

nO RLY

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 02:42:26 PM »
is that indian teen still in 'idol? ilang taon na yun? parang ang bata pa ah..

Offline weedur

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 02:09:13 PM »
rofl

weee!!!

safe si Sanjaya at natanggal si Haley.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 01:28:09 AM »
last night's benefit/showstoppers was great, but grabe to see and hear Kelly Clarkson and Jeff Beck at the same stage!!!  the English rock/blues master playing sparingly but with blues content was for me the highlight of the show.  wala kasi concert video si guitar idol eh....

nO RLY

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 01:44:00 AM »
and then there were 2
lumabas si melinda kahapon. si blake nalang pati si jordin natitira. go jordin! :-D

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 11:16:45 AM »
rooting for jordin too! :wink:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 05:30:36 AM »
hmmmmmm......cge.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 12:19:27 AM »
if you missed the house band sa rockstar then check out last nights episode wherein Amanda Overmeyer rocked the house. grabe talaga

Offline fox69

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
lets keep this thread alive since its the start of season 9 ( simon's last season on A.I.)...

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2010, 07:42:09 AM »
ganda ng timing ah...naghahanap ako ng threads about season 9...   :-D

AI had been a guilty pleasure of mine in seasons 4 and 8.  season 9 is pretty much blah...didn't even watch all of the auditions, unlike last year.  walang norman gentle/tatiana del toro to keep things entertaining.  group night?  not half as interesting as last year.  tapos maaga nilang pinauwi si Skii Bo Ski...  :lol:  he could've been the black norman gentle, as far as entertainment value is concerned...

methinks season 9 is a major jump-the-shark year for idol...ellen degeneres is ok, but she's no paula abdul, she of the (allegedly) drunken/stoned incoherence, always with a kind word for even the crappiest singer.  tapos mawawala pa si simon...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management