hulika

Author Topic: Jackson Guitar users  (Read 139385 times)

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Jackson Guitar users
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:00 AM »
Lots of nice photos of Jackson guitar owners here.

Here's mine: Jackson Concept

No idea when and where it was made.  Serial# 9412299 at the neck plate.
I saw "JRR-1" at the neck butt when I disassembled it.

The neck profile is the best feature which is similar to my Ibanez RG560.
Ang nipis!

Hope somebody can provide some info on it.

Your guitar was made in Japan in 1994-95. Serials starting with 9 are Japanese while 0 or 1 is Korean made. Body is made of poplar. Has an eastern maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. JRR1s are a copy of the RR1 Pro series from 1994 but with Korean made hardware.
The Jackson Concept line is the predecessor of the Performer series. Pre Fender era. Today, it is equivalent of the Jackson JS series.

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2009, 12:02:42 PM »
Here's my new DKMG together with my RX10D.

Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
Here's my new DKMG together with my RX10D.

san mo nabili yan? at magkano?  :evil:

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
If you're asking about the RX10D Rhoads, got it in Perfect Pitch then I just put EMG's in it. If you're asking about the DKMG, it came this morning, my sister sent it to me from Canada. The DKMG was roughly USD 800.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2009, 02:35:30 PM »
lumalakas na ang BLOODLINE!!!!

Metuuuuuhhhl!!!!!!!!

Offline d20rtu

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »
Your guitar was made in Japan in 1994-95. Serials starting with 9 are Japanese while 0 or 1 is Korean made. Body is made of poplar. Has an eastern maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. JRR1s are a copy of the RR1 Pro series from 1994 but with Korean made hardware.
The Jackson Concept line is the predecessor of the Performer series. Pre Fender era. Today, it is equivalent of the Jackson JS series.

Thanks a lot for the info.
Got some thing cleared off my mind.
Kaya pala hindi sya heavy - poplar body pala but the tone is still great

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »
Jackson truly is The Bloodline. :evil:

No knock on people who own ESP's or Ibby's but if it weren't for Wayne Charvel and Grover Jackson, there would be no such thing as Superstrats. :evil:

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »
true^ but ill take a cheap "super strut" over an overpriced piece of wood any day.
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2009, 11:24:48 PM »
true^ but ill take a cheap "super strut" over an overpriced piece of wood any day.

To each his own. It's not your money that you're using to get the "overpriced piece of wood", it's the owner's money. In short, basically, that's me and the other guys that are part of this thread. If you're happy with your "super strut", good for you then. I'm happy with my "superstrat". after all, you were the one whom, i recall, was looking for a dkmg before. tell me if i'm wrong and i shall stand corrected. before you speak on what you THINK you know, make sure you can guarantee something that you REALLY know. otherwise...EPIC FAIL.

BTT...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:50:31 AM by daryl090804 »

Offline super slinky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2009, 06:01:11 AM »
^
i agree. to each his own.
i'd pick a jackson over ibbys any day. sadly, limited lang talaga mga models ng jackson sa music stores dito.  :-(
\\\"underneath chaotic catastrophe creation takes stage\\\"

Offline avlis78

• Veteran Member
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2009, 12:47:00 PM »
Pointy Sisters  :-D

sir may case ba yang KE3 mo? bumili ako last month eh wala case hindi ko tuloy mabitbit sa gig he he he...
abu dhabi

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »
To each his own. It's not your money that you're using to get the "overpriced piece of wood", it's the owner's money. In short, basically, that's me and the other guys that are part of this thread. If you're happy with your "super strut", good for you then. I'm happy with my "superstrat". after all, you were the one whom, i recall, was looking for a dkmg before. tell me if i'm wrong and i shall stand corrected. before you speak on what you THINK you know, make sure you can guarantee something that you REALLY know. otherwise...EPIC FAIL.

BTT...
epic fail?really?well i played bunch of jackson guitars through a shop,all i can say is i wasnt amazed at all...you can play them on metal,rock but thats it.necks are fat as hell too.and did i say most $600-$800 jacksons can beat by a cheap rg's stock per stock (IMHO)

cant imagine paying over $2000 for an american series that you can compare to a guitar thats half the price...that being said,its your money to waste.

and before you call me out(again) stop trying to change/update your post just to prove im wrong,pustahan tayo nanggaling ka din sa stage ko na nageexplore pa lang ng ibat ibang bagay.how old are you?at least try to come down on your high horse?

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2009, 01:37:55 PM »
READ: im not bashing on any brand/products..i love jackson,charvel..but when it comes to practicality,you should know which one are the best bung for buck.hell id love to own a stratocaster/telecaster someday...but not now.

carry on

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2009, 02:05:58 PM »
Lolz "super strut"!

Jackson is for metal primarily. So put it where it belongs. Sure an RG is versatile, but Basswood is sometimes dead compared to alder. A cheap RG vs a Japanese Jackson? Draw IMO. Even a Professional era Jackson can give a Jap RG a run for its money back in 1990. If Professional pre fender era Jacksons were able to steal the cash from the US Jackson line, I bet it can go head to head with the best Rgs in that era. How much more today? Ang ganda na ng gawa ng Japanese Jacksons due to the Fender buyoff. Better hardware too than the plastic feeling, babasagin RGs.

Kanya kanya lang yan. I prefer the Jackson neck profile vs the Ibbys. More grip. The only advantage an Ibby has is its AANJ for its bolt one. But some of us prefer the big snappy sound you get with a classic ginormous strat neck joint. Same reason why some people prefer a 550 or a JS in the ibby circles. And some of us prefer the classics. Hehehe! Kung idol ko si Mustaine, hindi ako sa RG titingin.

Paracticality? I think I made a far more practical choice with my Jacksons over my Ibbys. At the same price points, the Jackson has more quality and "feel" for me. The ibbys jsut feel like a toy for me. Sometimes it feels so plastic. Although admittedly there are far better Prestige guitars at that Prestige price point. But Jackson also has some that can match those Prestige guitars in the Pro Line with better wood, far greater paint options, better Pickups, neck thru and a original floyd rose.   

If you really want to "really" compare:

JS Jacksons vs GIO Ibbys
Pro Jacksons vs Indo RGs, 1000 series Lower Japanese, Korean Prestige
US Jacksons vs 2000-3000 series Prestige, J Custom
Custom Shop Jackson vs LACS Ibby Custom

Kanya kanya lang yan. Pero kung US Soloist vs JCustom? Pucha US Soloist na ako. Choice of Dimarzio, EMGs or SDs, Original Floyd, Sustainers, better value once you sell it, neckthru, recessed or non recessed cavity, ebony board, alder body, quartersawn birdseye maple neck, stainless fretwires, pearl inlays. Cmon! $3000! You get what you pay for! Snakeskin pa.   :lol:

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2009, 06:21:55 PM »
epic fail?really?well i played bunch of jackson guitars through a shop,all i can say is i wasnt amazed at all...you can play them on metal,rock but thats it.necks are fat as hell too.and did i say most $600-$800 jacksons can beat by a cheap rg's stock per stock (IMHO)

cant imagine paying over $2000 for an american series that you can compare to a guitar thats half the price...that being said,its your money to waste.

and before you call me out(again) stop trying to change/update your post just to prove im wrong,pustahan tayo nanggaling ka din sa stage ko na nageexplore pa lang ng ibat ibang bagay.how old are you?at least try to come down on your high horse?

the reason i edited my earlier post was because this is, after all, a JACKSON GUITAR USERS thread. people like you, who only wish to flame a thread shouldn't even be here. grow up. age isn't really the point of argument here. like i said earlier, use your money on your plywood "superstrut" and i'll be using my money on my "superstrat". you just failed. go on and "strut" thinking you're the king of everything. it's OUR opinion, THE JACKSON USERS, not yours that really matters in this thread. if you have used a jackson before, maybe it was once. maybe you tried it. sometimes though, nasa pana rin yan. magaling man yung indian, kung purol naman pana niya, wala siyang nasasaktan. congrats to you and your "superstrut".

EDIT: and most definitely, i got bang for my buck...i dunno about your bung though...unless you're speaking of beavis and butthead...seriously, you had me lost over there...

2ND EDIT: FYI, a guitar is not a piece of wood because a piece constitutes a small portion of a specific thing. a guitar is a slab of wood, which sometimes, has pieces of other woods thrown in to improve a guitar...something which your plywood and pasted guitar certainly doesn't have.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 08:40:45 PM by daryl090804 »

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2009, 07:05:48 PM »

READ: im not bashing on any brand/products..i love jackson,charvel..but when it comes to practicality,you should know which one are the best bung for buck.hell id love to own a stratocaster/telecaster someday...but not now.
you just did. and AFAIK your reply resembles a form of flaming and/or threadjacking. :-D

on topic,

@sir Bolt Thrower

dami akong natutunan about jacksons sa reply niyo ah. about stainless fretwires, how are they compared to what we usually have on most guitars? specifically what sets them apart from other types of fretwire? :-)

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:12:12 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline super slinky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »
@daryl090804
nice DKMG !
magkano inabot ng shipping from canada?  :mrgreen:
\\\"underneath chaotic catastrophe creation takes stage\\\"

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2009, 01:29:37 AM »
@daryl090804
nice DKMG !
magkano inabot ng shipping from canada?  :mrgreen:

my mom brought it home when she came back from canada the other day so basically it's free. :lol:

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2009, 03:00:40 AM »
flame a thread?did i say something like "jackson guitar sucks!" no i didnt!haha

plywood seriously?man,you need to chill the [strawberry] down

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2009, 03:56:25 AM »
sometimes, some people are just stupid enough not to take a hint to leave somewhere where they're not wanted, shame.

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2009, 04:04:18 AM »
OT: get the drift, kid. your ignorance is not welcome here and it should not be an excuse. apparently, your education does not warrant enough knowledge for you to really know something because you simply do not know how to read...just like in another forum where another forumite asked you to learn how to read...sorry mods. this kid just has to know how to learn to actually become literate and understand things.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2009, 10:11:42 AM »
you just did. and AFAIK your reply resembles a form of flaming and/or threadjacking. :-D

on topic,

@sir Bolt Thrower

dami akong natutunan about jacksons sa reply niyo ah. about stainless fretwires, how are they compared to what we usually have on most guitars? specifically what sets them apart from other types of fretwire? :-)

Well, they are just more "long lasting". They stay shiny (and cute) for the longest time. And those Ive played with these high quality wires have far better fretwork. The highest PRO series and all Jackson Stars have them and again, with the superb fretwork and neck binding.

It's a "bung" for the buck!  :lol:

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »
hi,

i got a jackson with serial 1004??6.  it says on the headstock jackson performer.  then the truss cover says ps-2.  it's an alder body with sharktooth inlays and white binding.  regular trem.

my question is whether this guitar is korean or jap?  different opinions over at the US forums.  and the jackson serial numbering is just too vague.  maybe someone here has a better educated guess.  it's still stock, and i actually prefer this over my jap fender superstrat.  thanks!

:-) :-) :-)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 10:45:04 AM by x_taxi »
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2009, 10:46:00 AM »
AJckson Professional and Performer series are hard to date. Someone over at the JAckson/Charvel forums made a chart. But with these performers, the only clue on the make are the 3 starting digits of the serial. Start with 9 or 09 and they are Japanese.

1 are Korean. So your guitar is Korean in origin.  8-)

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »
thanks man!  would you have an idea as to date of production?
:razz::razz::razz: