hulika

Author Topic: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...  (Read 64263 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Elegee Custom Shop...Past to Present...
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »
What exactly ba is bothering you ? I mean, yea we get your point. And yeah to some extent it's a "so what" and "to each his own" matter.

So I can't understand why you're so riled up about Elegee.

So tell you what. Why don't you put up 200,000 budget and tell Elegee to give it his best shot at that budget. Then you judge. Kasi for all this banter you're still comparing apples and oranges. 

Just answering lateralis

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2008, 09:25:41 PM »
@firemodel55

I think you've made your point.  What drives you to hammer it further? Why don't you create your own thread, perhaps with the title, "Why foreign luthiers are superior"....You're jacking already.

haha. :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2008, 09:26:54 PM »
@firemodel55

I think you've made your point.  What drives you to hammer it further? Why don't you create your own thread, perhaps with the title, "Why foreign luthiers are superior"....

You're jacking already.

I think I did...  nope I just clarify statements by deltaslim and lateralis.

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »

yun naman pala. ok ka na?

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
I think Gene Baker is god. He must be. I mean, c'mon.. don't you think so?
Surf's Up!

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2008, 10:56:10 PM »
Ganito na lang, PRS SE to an Elegee, pwede kaya?  :-D parang sila yung medyo magkalapit ng presyo eh  :-)

What exactly ba is bothering you ? I mean, yea we get your point. And yeah to some extent it's a "so what" and "to each his own" matter.

So I can't understand why you're so riled up about Elegee.

So tell you what. Why don't you put up 200,000 budget and tell Elegee to give it his best shot at that budget. Then you judge. Kasi for all this banter you're still comparing apples and oranges. 

Or this way around, pareho presyo parang Ferrari to Koenigsegg para fair  :-D

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2008, 10:57:05 PM »
I think Gene Baker is god. He must be. I mean, c'mon.. don't you think so?

(In Mr. Bean voice)-

HAAAALLELLUUUUUUUIIIIIAAAAHHH... HAAALELUUUUU.... LLLLUUUUU...

... YAAAAHHH (sabay subo ng candy na may boogers)  :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2008, 04:32:36 PM »

Why clarify OUR statements?  Clarify, qualify, and prove YOURS!

Offline gitaristang_pusa

« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2008, 04:49:16 PM »
i made a t-shirt for jon... papatayin daw niya ako pag pina print ko yung t-shirt design hahahaha...

be the lion, not the sheep.

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
i made a t-shirt for jon... papatayin daw niya ako pag pina print ko yung t-shirt design hahahaha...

kung ayaw ni jon.. pangalan ko na lang ilagay mo instead of elegee :-D
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
Why don't you put up 200,000 budget and tell Elegee to give it his best shot at that budget.
I'd "buy" guitar lessons instead. :roll:

And then I'll raise another 200k for a really good guitar. :lol:
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »

sapul. :-)

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2008, 12:53:03 AM »

BLAM!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
BUMAHA din pala sa thread na ito. I thought sa Max Rufo thread lang eh.

My opinion?

I think both luthiers are great at their own level. And we should be proud of them for earning good reputations kasi you have to be that good to be talked about.  :-)

As for the guitars that are branded, foreign or high end that some people try to compare with local CUSTOM made guitars, i think their a whole different story and in my opinion ibang usapan talaga yun.

sapul. :-)
BLAM!
kaboom! ring ring

:-D

*standing ovation*

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2008, 02:46:23 PM »
sina mahan ko si shuli last week jan kian sir jon hehehe
mukhang gusto ko pa resetup  yung genesis ko heheheheh

galing talaga niya hehehe
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2008, 08:38:47 PM »

MY REPLIES STARTED WHEN LATERALIS OPINED THAT ELEGEE RANKS WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD.  AND I DISAGREED.  THERE WAS NO MENTION OF BUDGET.  SO PLEASE ADDRESS YOUR PREVIOUS PARAGRAPH TO LATERALIS WHO SEEMS TO HAVE A NEED TO BE INSECURE WITH HIS GUITAR BECAUSE HE WANTS TO POINT OUT THAT FILIPINO MADE GUITARS ARE ON RANK WITH THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

ITS NOT MY ROLE TO CHEERLEAD THEM.  I SIMPLY STATE BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, WHICH YOU CAN CHOOSE TO DISREGARD, THAT THEIR GUITARS ARE AVERAGE AND DO NOT EXCITE ME. 

Yun pala e, why can't you just accept my opinion? or AT LEAST respect it if you can't accept. Why do you always have to FEED your's to mine?

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »
YEAH GO AHEAD AND TRY THE PRS SANTANA III AT PJC VERSUS THE ELEGEES THERE.

NOPE. DI BA NGA KAYA KA NGA BILIB KAY MANG MAX AY DAHIL SA PRICE?  BAKIT BIBILI KA BA NG ELEGEE KUNG PRESYONG p200,000?  IF SO, ANONG EXPECTATION MO SA ELEGEE NA GANOON ANG PRESYO?

HUH? What are you talking about? Where in the universe did you get that? I favor the other luthier because of the CRAFTMANSHIP, PASSION & the HUMILITY that person has as well as Jon. The price is just a plus and it doesn't mean I should NOT support Elegee.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 11:12:50 PM by lateralis »

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2008, 09:47:37 PM »

KUNG TIME SA DAMI LANG NG ORAS, MAS KAUNTI ANG OUTPUT NI GENE BAKER AT 2.5 GUITARS A MONTH.  KUNG PASSION LANG & LABOR, GENE BAKER PERSONALLY FEDEXes THE GUITAR AND SCANS THE FEDEX SLIP TO EMAIL TO ME.  GENE BAKER ASKS ME BY EMAIL WHAT GAUGE I WANT INSTALLED.  GENE BAKER OFFERS A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON HIS GUITAR.  GENE BAKER ENSURES THAT EACH GUITAR IS UNIQUE FROM HARDWARE TO FINISH, TO CONSTRUCTION TO ELECTRONICS. GENE BAKER ALSO ENSURES NA MAYROON SNAGG REGISTRATION ANG ORIGINAL OWNERS.

I finally got why you can't keep your mouth shut. It's always Gene Baker, Gene Baker, Gene Baker & YOUR Baker. Always have to find a way to mention YOUR favorite luthier even the discussion doesn't require to eh? No need to answer, I already got it. :wink:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 10:49:17 PM by lateralis »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2008, 10:52:44 PM »
Quote from: firemodel55
KUNG TIME SA DAMI LANG NG ORAS, MAS KAUNTI ANG OUTPUT NI GENE BAKER AT 2.5 GUITARS A MONTH.  KUNG PASSION LANG & LABOR, GENE BAKER PERSONALLY FEDEXes THE GUITAR AND SCANS THE FEDEX SLIP TO EMAIL TO ME.  GENE BAKER ASKS ME BY EMAIL WHAT GAUGE I WANT INSTALLED.  GENE BAKER OFFERS A LIFETIME WARRANTY ON HIS GUITAR.  GENE BAKER ENSURES THAT EACH GUITAR IS UNIQUE FROM HARDWARE TO FINISH, TO CONSTRUCTION TO ELECTRONICS. GENE BAKER ALSO ENSURES NA MAYROON SNAGG REGISTRATION ANG ORIGINAL OWNERS.

Whether local or foreign luthier, none of these matter for a custom build.   You never know what you get till you got it (altho you are the exception in that you already claim to know how your bowteek guitar will perform even before you have layed hands on it).  Even the best 'customer service' will not change its tone. Why can't you just point out specific and concrete points that you don't like about local luthiery so that they can take is an area of improvement, instead of a blanket dismissal simply because they are at a lower price point?

Offline lateralis

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »
Whether local or foreign luthier, none of these matter for a custom build.   You never know what you get till you got it (altho you are the exception in that you already claim to know how your bowteek guitar will perform even before you have layed hands on it).  Even the best 'customer service' will not change its tone. Why can't you just point out specific and concrete points that you don't like about local luthiery so that they can take is an area of improvement, instead of a blanket dismissal simply because they are at a lower price point?

Well, here it is: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,99774.0.html

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2008, 11:18:17 PM »
I finally got why you can't keep your mouth shut. It's always Gene Baker, Gene Baker, Gene Baker & YOUR Baker. Always have to find a way to mention YOUR favorite luthier even the discussion doesn't require to eh? No need to answer, I already got it. :wink:

Sta Mesa luthiers are the greatest luthier in the world.

Pero seriously, who the eff cares if Lateralis thinks that jon elegee is the greatest in the world? That's his opinion. He's entitled to that. It's not like he's shoving it down our throats.

I think Freddie Aguilar is the greatest folk singer in the world. Would you debate about that too? Ayaw ko na sana magcomment kaso nakakagigil lang e. Baker this baker that baker this baker that. This thread is about elegee guitars. Make your own thread "Baker is the best guitar luthier in the world" we don't care.

pis-awt.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2008, 02:07:47 AM »
Enough of this. This thread has gone awry. Elegee has other threads anyway.

Thread locked.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20