hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257532 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2007, 09:41:54 AM »
Yes it is a concern. And yep I have to protect the Intellectual Property on this.

But here's the thing. While it was invented recently, the technology behind it I've been working on for the past...lessee...since 2001...that's 6 years. It might look simple to the naked eye, but it's not. And it doesn't draw from the regular sciences we know. They'll have to study scalar physics and Tesla theories to even come close.

So, yes, I think the 6 months required to close a patent application should be enough time to get things in motion. And I'm sure Behringer will not copy it...for reasons I won't detail here hehehehe.

So let's enjoy the thing na lang, at its price points and what not, before the wind changes.

Wow this scalarizer thing is really intriguing.
I'm just wondering... If BAMF's work gets bigger and let's say the buzz hits the American soil/West, I hope the names used for these gadgets/mods will make it easy for them to recognize that this is made by a Filipino. You know, maybe a hybrid tagalog-english name for a change??? :-D

Para hindi naman nila isipin, "hey it must be made by a japanese guy or something (eg.Bakemono, etc.)." No offense, the names are catchy, but I'm just saying that you know...Maybe you can use something different on those next projects. :-D

Like "Lupitator!" or watever, ehehehe! corny na!  :-D :-D 

I like!  Mas gusto ko tong "Lupitator" kesa "scalarizer"!  Pwede rin: "Astigtator"... "Anonglevelmo-tator"... "Kadyotator"... ;-)

BAMF, what if Behringer knocks off the scalarizer?  And sells 'em for P100?  :-D  Joke lang...
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #251 on: January 29, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »
huwat?!?!?! i was just getting used to the one scalarizer deal! papakabit nanaman ako, fafa! kailangan ko ba magdala ng kambing?  :-D

Bibili na ako...baka mamaya. A small joey (yun ba ang tawag sa maliit na kambing ? hehehe). Para siguradong virgin.

Yung nanghahabol at kumakain ng chicken. Mwahahahaha.

Kelan ka punta ? Yung bass ni Eric, dalhin mo na ! Yan...two reasons na para pumunta ka ulit. Miss na kita fafa !

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #252 on: January 29, 2007, 09:51:27 AM »
from what i've read so far, it seems like all the people who've had their guitars scalarized, needed a tele in the first place.

:-D :-D :-D

puff... puff... pass...

:-D
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2007, 09:57:17 AM »
BAMF, I just wonder if you presented your scalarizer as something made out of rocket science.  And do blatant lies like "It cost $50 to build hence I'm selling it for $80."  Do you think may kakagat?

Bottomline is, it seems like everyone is raving about the scalarizer, but say you jacked up the price, IS IT STILL THAT GOOD THAT BOUTIQUE FOLKS WOULD FALL FOR IT?  I mean, so good like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts that I would pay 3x more for them in Hong Kong...

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #254 on: January 29, 2007, 09:58:41 AM »
Oh, to add more madness to the "crystal met"-

we tried the acoustic scalarizer on the tele. holy gourd!!!

with light contact on the headstock with the already dualled tele, the increase in resonance was heard and felt! think of it as 3D, with added lushness. it screwed me up!

we did a blindfold thing with xalien, and it was undeniable. on the headstock, behind the bridge, on the back of the tele. the funny thing is, when "disconnected" from the wood, the guitar felt softer, less resonant.

I wanted it back. its effect is not like, how can i say it, putting extra sauce on your spaghetti. its more like adding a few extra millimeters and garlic to the meatball in it. tasty!

or, extra light in an object in a painting to give it extra dimension. i [gooey brown stuff] you not, heavy 3D dude.  
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
For those who will have a hard time going to QC area, If you are nearer south metro, I can install them scalarizers. I am in the Sucat Pque area. Most of my stocks ended up installed in my guitars kaya will have to get more stocks from BAMF.
I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »
Well Dodgie, in business, there are two pricing models that I know of. The first is the cost-based model and the second is the value-based model.

Cost based models are only for those things that are commoditized and can be sourced from multiple sources. Rice for instance. If it's cheaper to buy and consume Thai rice and the government allows it, their lower cost will definitely be a hit.

Then there's the value-based model. This is tricky because it operates on the question of "how much value is this to the buyer ?". Pretty good for monopolized or oligarchized products. Like you'd pay USD$500 for a goatskin bag of water to a Bedouin because it's that valuable to you, and there's nowhere else to get it.

When I set the International price, the buyers don't need to know my cost models. They just have to ask the question of what value the scalarizer is to their tone. :D

Viva Karl Marx ! Ay teka...patay na pala sya.

BAMF, I just wonder if you presented your scalarizer as something made out of rocket science.  And do blatant lies like "It cost $50 to build hence I'm selling it for $80."  Do you think may kakagat?

Bottomline is, it seems like everyone is raving about the scalarizer, but say you jacked up the price, IS IT STILL THAT GOOD THAT BOUTIQUE FOLKS WOULD FALL FOR IT?  I mean, so good like Krispy Kreme Doughnuts that I would pay 3x more for them in Hong Kong...

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »
wahahaha! basta dapat siguradong masama ugali nung kambing at walang iiwang mahal sa buhay na malulungkot masyado.  :-D text kita kung kailang magtutugma sched natin. mukhang busy ka sa pag-legalize ng scalarizer-pushing e! nice job, pimpdaddies!

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2007, 10:10:58 AM »
Well Dodgie, in business, there are two pricing models that I know of. The first is the cost-based model and the second is the value-based model.

Cost based models are only for those things that are commoditized and can be sourced from multiple sources. Rice for instance. If it's cheaper to buy and consume Thai rice and the government allows it, their lower cost will definitely be a hit.

Then there's the value-based model. This is tricky because it operates on the question of "how much value is this to the buyer ?". Pretty good for monopolized or oligarchized products. Like you'd pay USD$500 for a goatskin bag of water to a Bedouin because it's that valuable to you, and there's nowhere else to get it.

When I set the International price, the buyers don't need to know my cost models. They just have to ask the question of what value the scalarizer is to their tone. :D

Agree ako dun sa paliwanag mo BAMF. 8-)
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »

Which leads us to the question, HOW MUCH VALUE WOULD YOU PUT TO A SCALARIZER?  Example:

At P500 - THE BEST IN THE WORLD
At P1000 - Puwede na rin.
At P2000 - Great but a bit costly.
At P3000 - Still great if you're really that serious about tone...
At P4000 - I'd rather get new pickups...

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2007, 10:16:53 AM »
oh pisaan na ng itlog to. Darating din siya dyan. :-D
Ang importante, reasonable ung price nya sa atin.
Ung international, sya na bahala dun. :-D
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2007, 10:18:27 AM »
Aight ! That's the idea !

Then again, you have to factor in the FOREX issue.

USD$50, for instance, is nothing to the Americans. It's gasoline money.

But its like...what...a month's salary in India ? And in China where the daily wage is like P40.

So the P500 for Pinoys...pretty good. Saka ko na latag yung ibang mga plans. But rest assured, the Pinoy musician will always have preferential treatment even when the Scalarizer hits the big time.

Parang mga Hudyo. They cannot charge interest on loans among themselves, but they can charge maximum to members of other religions (ooops not a religious bashing thing, this one came from the Talmud !)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2007, 10:22:18 AM »

Actually iniisip ko kasi mag-HOARD. HEHEHE...  :evil:

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2007, 10:26:21 AM »

Ayun, hihihihi! :-D
Pag-uwi ko dyan sa summer, papalagyan ko rin ung ibang guitars ko na anemic ang tunog. 8-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2007, 10:30:35 AM »

Naks ! Parang stock market hehehehe.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2007, 10:52:41 AM »
JOBET!!!

IM hoping and praying na same pa din ang prices nyan sa november!!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH sa november pa ako uuwi eh.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »
Price is of little consequence up to a point, but that point itself is an extremely relative thing. It seems the pimpboys recognize the economic factors and will figure out the business side of it. I’m just glad I'm not in the position to take these things into consideration and am even happier that bamf trusts the community enough to allow us to be a part of the r&d process. For that they have my support as well as my critique.

That said...Bamf, I am India-nesque. Wehehehehe.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2007, 10:58:25 AM »
Aaaa Papa Joric ! I want your ES335 ! Can I pay you in scalarizers plus cash ?

How about 49% share in PIMP/BAMFx?  Going by the stock market talk going on around here already, I wanna ride your 'elevator' from the ground floor, dude.  Just let me know which floor to get off on (Hmmm... maybe at Alex's penthouse level? :-) )

The test for acoustic scalarizers are getting very very encouraging. I borrowed an Ovation Applause bowlback on a long term basis (inaalikabok lang sa me ari e) so I can do long-term tests. I'm sure it will do wonders for your Dobro. The metal resonators have harsh overtones. Maybe the acoustic scalarizers can smooth them out and make even the noises musical. It sure did that for Tinnie's bass.

I'm excited about this one in particular cuz I know I don't have the best acoustic instruments.  But I don't have GAS either to upgrade. Some low cost modifications to enhance sustain and tone would be nice. 

Let's see., let's see.. for Delta blues, sometimes harsh is good. ;-)  But maybe the "acousticalizer" can help transform my dobro into a Tricone -- smoother like a Hawaiian lap steel -- when I want those tones. ;-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #268 on: January 29, 2007, 11:09:31 AM »
Aaaa Papa Joric ! I want your ES335 ! Can I pay you in scalarizers plus cash ?

How about 49% share in PIMP/BAMFx?  Going by the stock market talk going on around here already, I wanna ride your 'elevator' from the ground floor, dude.  Just let me know which floor to get off on (Hmmm... maybe at Alex's penthouse level? :-) )

Naykupo ! Mas malaki pa sa share namin ni Anton combined pag nagkataon ! Hehehe. Thanks so much for your vote of confidence. I think I should give Max a .05% honorary share. After all, this would not have been possible if not for his oasholeness.

But even if it's low-cost, trust me ser, the results are not worth P500. Its a quantum leap in tone. I mean when you consider that people spend P22,000 for a titanium tremblock of almost zero consequence, it's a steal! A "presyong adik" hehehe.

But first things first. When you coming over to the shop and get your stuff scalarized ? :D Matagal ko na gusto mauna ka fafa Joric, me being a huge fan and all. Sunod sana si Barbie Almalbis-Honasan. Sana i-refer ni Arie sa kin hehehehe.

Lets see...lista ko na din kaya yung mga guitar heroes ko na gusto ko pa scalarize...hmmm...Paul Gilbert ? Slash ? The Edge ? Reb Beach. Albert Collins (ay patay na pala yun). Duane Allman (ay patay na din)...Ahhh...ang siguro overall idol ko sa lahat. Si Clapton ! Kaya lang bingi na daw sya and can't play music na. Tutoo ba yun ? Teka OT na naman....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 11:47:35 AM by BAMF »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #269 on: January 29, 2007, 11:10:33 AM »
JOBET!!!

IM hoping and praying na same pa din ang prices nyan sa november!!!! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH sa november pa ako uuwi eh.

Ship ko na lang sa yo Leo ! YM na lang tayo.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2007, 11:20:46 AM »
potek...sweeplikevai pala si Leo...sorry bout that.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2007, 11:39:52 AM »
But first things first. When you coming over to the shop and get your stuff scalarized ? :D Matagal ko na gusto mauna ka fafa Joric, me being a huge fan and all.

Hehe... tnx BAMF, but cmon, I'm just a hack compared to guys like Anton!!!   :-o

...  Albert Collins (ay patay na pala yun). Duane Allman (ay patay na din)...Ahhh...ang siguro overall idol ko sa lahat. Si Clapton ! Kaya lang bingi na daw sya and can't play music na. Tutoo ba yun ? Teka OT na naman....

Well, I am told I my Albert Collins and Duane Allman "impressions" are pretty good so maybe we can test for those tones too.  As for Clapton... pwede bang ung sideman na lang try natin... some kid called Derek Trucks?   Txt ko siya, sabihin ko dalin ung SG nya.  ;-) 

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2007, 12:03:50 PM »
But first things first. When you coming over to the shop and get your stuff scalarized ? :D Matagal ko na gusto mauna ka fafa Joric, me being a huge fan and all.

Hehe... tnx BAMF, but cmon, I'm just a hack compared to guys like Anton!!!   :-o

...  Albert Collins (ay patay na pala yun). Duane Allman (ay patay na din)...Ahhh...ang siguro overall idol ko sa lahat. Si Clapton ! Kaya lang bingi na daw sya and can't play music na. Tutoo ba yun ? Teka OT na naman....

Well, I am told I my Albert Collins and Duane Allman "impressions" are pretty good so maybe we can test for those tones too.  As for Clapton... pwede bang ung sideman na lang try natin... some kid called Derek Trucks?   Txt ko siya, sabihin ko dalin ung SG nya.  ;-) 

Derek Trucks? I thought you and him were one and the same, him being just a kid copping your licks ala ralph macchio  :-D

matagal na rin kita liniligawan, fafa joric. sagutin mo na koh!!!

Hardogai!! Fuuuuu!!!  :mrgreen:
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2007, 12:12:16 PM »
potek...sweeplikevai pala si Leo...sorry bout that.

no!!! VAISTEEN2003 ako.

vaisteen2003 = Leo
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
daming orders na pati sa US. Jobet maguuwi daw ng 3 scalarizer si BALDO para sa knilang dalawa ni AlroyT
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]