hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257700 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #700 on: February 10, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »
Sige, I'll take out one installed on my guitars, Al :D .

Stringman: sure. Pilitin ko lang me matapos na batch ng crystals.

Qbert: Just jerkin man, no need to be touchy about it. But if you really wanna know, my shop sits on the ground floor of Psychic Sushi's house. So if you got a problem with that, there are distributors in the Commonwealth, Makati/Mandaluyong, Rizal and Paranaque/Las Pinas/Alabang areas. Peace out man !

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:06:04 PM by BAMF »
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #701 on: February 10, 2007, 05:06:01 PM »
Ang all-caps sa cyberworld, para kang naninigaw.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »
That's very kind of you, Jobet! But it's ok with me either way. I might only get one, but I sure would like to hear both on my guitar.

Sige, I'll make sure I make it there Monday afternoon.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:17:53 PM by Al_Librero »
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

ginblue

« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
kapag ba may scalarizer nawawala yung feedback ng pickups?
problem kase sa single coil eh

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2007, 05:56:49 PM »
BAMFx potting ! Pag natapos, baka hindi na kelangan ng scalarizer ! Tanong mo ke microchimp saka ke Kulas hehehe.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2007, 06:10:42 PM »

di ba normal na sa mga single coil yung may slight feedback?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2007, 06:27:46 PM »
sir Bamf,sira po ba ang sacalarizer kapag may ground yung guitar? kasi napansin ko meron yung hllowbody ko,pero wala namang ganun nung hindi pa naiinstall yung scalarizer.....?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
Anong tunog ? Dalhin mo uli pagkagaling mo sa school. Tignan natin. Pero basically ang scalarizer, pag sira, walang tunog antimano.

Yung ke tuyuta nga kagabi, me ugong, grounded, nung nakabitan ng scalarizer, nawala.

Baka nasa maingay na electrical environment ka, o yung power supply mo hindi regulated and etc etc na pwede panggalingan.

Ngapala. Tape mo yung scalarizer sa body ng gitara mo.

Offline reps

« Reply #708 on: February 11, 2007, 02:05:56 AM »
Sino po distributor ng scalarizers sa Rizal?
feedback is your friend

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #709 on: February 11, 2007, 02:55:54 AM »
Si Kanshooter. Angono.

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #710 on: February 11, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
sir BAMF, magkano pa-install? bibili kasi ako ng fernando lp copy tas papascalarize.. hehe..

Offline omen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #711 on: February 11, 2007, 10:18:10 PM »
+1000 :-D
Today, i tried to see what my bassist would react when i trid to scalarize his fender jazz bass. We had a jam this afternoon, i told him that i was going to get his amp and his bass so he would not go get his gear from the drummers house. He told me thanks, at least wala na problema. I got the metal scalarizer from my guitar and connected it to his bass guitar without his knowledge. When he got to my place, i didn't know he has arrived, he was playing with his bass.

He told me that his bass sounded very different, it was full sounding and the sound got thick and the notes would ring out. He said that all his mistakes are coming out, he didn't understand it because it was so clear. By the way he has never heard of the scalarizer, he's not even a member of philmusic. He said he loves the sound of his bass, even though the strings were a bit old. I then told him, let open and see the electronics of his bass, he ask me "ano yung kulay brown" i told him that s a scalarizer which is proudly philippine made. Then i explained to him  about what the scalarizer does and he was wow, and he couldn't put his bass down, for the first time daw, he love the sound of his bass.

This is a great indication that even though someone who hasn't  heard of the scalarizer would actually hear the difference in his bass.  :-D

So it just shows that it works with bass guitars.  :-D

« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 10:20:43 PM by omen »

Offline r0nd0gg

« Reply #712 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:18 PM »
ser BAMF.. magkano uli yang scalarizer.. gagawing guinea pig ko muna yung washburn na bass ng bassist ko saka rerecomend ko sa tropa ko na may guitara bumili sya nung Strat na Rocket ang tatak yung nabibili sa Raon baka ma scienciahan nyang scalarizer mo. Up yan!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #713 on: February 11, 2007, 10:55:04 PM »
Thanks so much for the blind test and bass review !

Actually, I also got a rockstar Precision Bass and after playing with it awhile, I immediately scalarized it with a metal scalarizer. YUP ! Clear as a whistle notes, with harmonically complex overtones !

And as what happenned with Deacon_Blues 's Greco jazzbass, slap and pop routines sound very musical :D

Well again, it's P500 till further notice.

Good news. My stock out will not last long. The materials from the US arrived last friday, but I can get them only by tom. So tuloy-tuloy ang production.

Offline micsis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #714 on: February 11, 2007, 11:08:07 PM »
Nice testimony Phoenix (mico)! I'll try to do that experiment also.
I'm standing on a ROCK and my name is on the ROLL

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #715 on: February 12, 2007, 03:25:02 AM »

I CAME HERE ON BUSINESS.

SO I EXPECT TO BE DEALT WITH CORDIALLY.

you will be dealt with accordingly  8-)

just kiddin' buddy, really. if you wish to get your guitar loaded with one and feel that you may be uncomfortable in my dwellings, feel free to contact the folks closest to you.

but to be forthright, i dont lead a double persona (online/offline), so you've got nothing to worry about.  it would be nice to meet you and you will be dealt with cordially and hospitably, as with all the guests :-)

you're welcome to drop by, as everyone is.
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #716 on: February 12, 2007, 07:38:43 AM »

Hi to dominant chord and sir bamf. it took me awhile to go online again but it didnt take take too long for me to notice the difference I got on my DUo sonic despite not having too much technical knowledge like sir mike and bamf et al... bro mike akala ko dahil magaling na guitarista lang talaga sir sir Anton kaya tumunog mabuti ang guitar ko doon sa QC kaya sinubok ko agad sa bahay on my own amp. grabe ang ganda, sa totoo lang napuyat talaga ako sa kakaguitara. kinabukasan nga kamuntik na ako di makasama sa inspection namin.

nga pala iba na ba number ni dominant chord kasi may 2 guitars pa ako na papa scalarize kaso, dominant chord is not responding to my texts? di kasi ako pwede nong fri kasi my inspection kami kasama boss ko di pwede magdadala ng guitar. sir bamf kailan ako pwede magdala uli ng guitar?

bro mike, with the scalirizer on my guitar di na ako magpapalit ng pickup as I planned before. God bless you bro. regards to bro jojo

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #717 on: February 12, 2007, 07:40:13 AM »
Hi to dominant chord and sir bamf. it took me awhile to go online again but it didnt take take too long for me to notice the difference I got on my DUo sonic despite not having too much technical knowledge like sir mike and bamf et al... bro mike akala ko dahil magaling na guitarista lang talaga sir sir Anton kaya tumunog mabuti ang guitar ko doon sa QC kaya sinubok ko agad sa bahay on my own amp. grabe ang ganda, sa totoo lang napuyat talaga ako sa kakaguitara. kinabukasan nga kamuntik na ako di makasama sa inspection namin.

nga pala iba na ba number ni dominant chord kasi may 2 guitars pa ako na papa scalarize kaso, dominant chord is not responding to my texts? di kasi ako pwede nong fri kasi my inspection kami kasama boss ko di pwede magdadala ng guitar. sir bamf kailan ako pwede magdala uli ng guitar?

bro mike, with the scalirizer on my guitar di na ako magpapalit ng pickup as I planned before. God bless you bro. regards to bro jojo

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #718 on: February 12, 2007, 07:42:39 AM »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #719 on: February 12, 2007, 10:03:24 AM »
Oh yeah ! That's why pag testing na I drop whatever I'm doing and run to the studio to see the facial expression of the clients hahehehe.

That's what you call the holdap. Haheheh.

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
sir BAMF kailan uli pwede? y s d dominant chord nt responding 2 my txts? my inang number na ba xa?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #721 on: February 12, 2007, 10:13:01 AM »
Ummm di ko alam e. Baka alang load lang or something.

2 pm onward uli, andun ako :D

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #722 on: February 12, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »
nasagot na ba 'to?

what exactly is it and what does it do? i mean, i know, it makes your guitar sound "bigger" and gives it "clarity"... but what does it do to do that?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #723 on: February 12, 2007, 10:24:14 AM »

sir BAMF you mean sa Calamba uli 2 pm onwards tom till friday andon kayo? so anytime na libre ako pupunta na lang ako doon uli. kasi po baka nasa common wealth kayo sobrang layo na po para sa aming taga cavite. salamat . pls reply

Offline kelvinator

« Reply #724 on: February 12, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »
sige po.. sabihin ko nalang sa kanya na papalitan mo.. salamat..  :mrgreen:
bummer..