hulika

Author Topic: Scalarizer Thread  (Read 257662 times)

Offline feraskulio

Re: Scalarizer Thread
« Reply #900 on: February 19, 2007, 05:05:11 PM »
Julio Valiente....

Oooppss OT na....

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #901 on: February 19, 2007, 06:15:37 PM »
langya nawala lang ako ng isang araw napunta na sa mga pinoy movies to ah? pero napanood ko din lahat ng pinag uusapan nyo dito hahahaaa....

ot na nga!  :-D
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #902 on: February 19, 2007, 06:53:25 PM »
ei, mga sir gandang hapon.

eh yung ipinasok ung barrel sa tubong nak right angle pag putok tinamaan ung nasa kabilang corner? hahaha wala pang guided-laser-sight nun!

sir BAMF where ba pdeng mag mail for provincial orders? :-D

Alam ko to! Si Joey Marquez to, sa pelikulang "Bobocop". Eto ba yung may robot sha na kamay tapos pinataas yung kamay nya nung kalaban nung nahuli sha? [apple] panis talaga ang pinoy movies.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #903 on: February 19, 2007, 08:02:27 PM »
Lang tatalo kay FPJ, inubos yung Jap army using a 6 shooter!

Reload? Ano yun?

Gusto ko si FPJ pag binubugbog niya kalaban niya, ganda nang sound effects!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #904 on: February 19, 2007, 08:10:55 PM »
Trivia lang - during the last few films of DaKing, he already had a lot of top of the line film making machines, services, etc at his disposal. In fact yung last films niya was supposed to be in Dolby Digital. So when it came to the fight scenes, foleys were employed to make natural sound effects, fists hitting fists, tummys, uppercuts, straights, etc.  Iba-ibang tunog yun di ba?

Surprisingly, during the offline viewing DAking noticed the seemingly realistic sound effects of his punches.  He immediately instructed everyone to use his oldstyle, one of a kind suntok sound effect.
Yung tugudugudugudug pag nagrapidfire sha sa tyan ng kalaban. Otherwise di niya babayaran yung post production unit. :wink:

Offline Targa_midbass

• Veteran Member
« Reply #905 on: February 20, 2007, 02:04:58 AM »
Trivia lang - during the last few films of DaKing, he already had a lot of top of the line film making machines, services, etc at his disposal. In fact yung last films niya was supposed to be in Dolby Digital. So when it came to the fight scenes, foleys were employed to make natural sound effects, fists hitting fists, tummys, uppercuts, straights, etc.  Iba-ibang tunog yun di ba?

Surprisingly, during the offline viewing DAking noticed the seemingly realistic sound effects of his punches.  He immediately instructed everyone to use his oldstyle, one of a kind suntok sound effect.
Yung tugudugudugudug pag nagrapidfire sha sa tyan ng kalaban. Otherwise di niya babayaran yung post production unit. :wink:
iba talaga ang nakasanayan na sound effects lalo na pag institusyon na ang DaMoves ni DaKings :-D
paano mapipigil ang isang damdamin
kung ang sinisigaw, ikaw ang lahat sa ahakin!

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #906 on: February 20, 2007, 02:14:17 AM »
May napanood akong old movies nina Erap at FPJ. Parang mas maliksi si Erap kapag bakbakan. Marami syang combinations at lagi sya moving sa harap ng kalaban...Si FPJ kasi parang nakatayo lang sa harap ng kalaban. Nagulat ako, ang bilis pala kumilos ni Erap dati. :-D
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #907 on: February 20, 2007, 03:10:12 AM »
Update:

Vocalist/Guitarist ng Itchyworms eh scalarized na din hehehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline jeyvi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #908 on: February 20, 2007, 03:12:52 AM »
mas ok nga si erap pag bakbakan... pero pag  barilan... kay fpj ako.

shyet gusto ko narin magpa scalarization!!!
check out my band KONTRA
www.kontra.ph

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #909 on: February 20, 2007, 09:36:29 AM »
???????
wahahahahahahaha!
gusto ko tuloy manood ng pinoy action movie reruns.

siguraduhin lang nilang tatamaan nila agad yung ibong adarna. pag hindi e rebulto sila bigla.

Offline the quite one

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #910 on: February 20, 2007, 09:50:25 AM »
I have a feeling Mr. Titanium is just to proud to admit, There are also bad reviews on this expensive thing. Better watchout BAMF, Alex might dropby and bring a different guitar for you to Scalarize or send someone else to scalarize his smoking strat.hehehehe. if its really smoking... or if it  has its strat sound still

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #911 on: February 20, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »
I have a feeling Mr. Titanium is just to proud to admit, There are also bad reviews on this expensive thing. Better watchout BAMF, Alex might dropby and bring a different guitar for you to Scalarize or send someone else to scalarize his smoking strat.hehehehe. if its really smoking... or if it  has its strat sound still

Titanium bridges are supposed to bring out the true character of your guitar, and that is why there are bad reviews.  Why?  Because if your guitar inherently sounds dull, the dullness will be enhanced further by the titanium block. 

As for the scalarizer, the way I understand it, it is far more forgiving in improving a guitar's sound, even a crappy one.  More of an "upgrade" than something that accentuates the real and inherent timbre of the guitar.

But then Alex said (in person), both the Scalarizer and Titanium bridge are two different peripherals.  So that means, what can beat a Ti block AND a Scalarizer (granting that the Scalarizer can improve the sound)?  In fact he never discounted the capability of a scalarizer to improve the sound of a guitar.  But his point is, everyone can afford it, so the craze is there.  Which is why I opened a new thread (which had been deleted AFAIK)  which asks the following questions:

(WHAT IF) Scalarizer Prices increase to P3000?

1.  Would you bother to try one?
2.  If you have tried one, will you still buy it?
3.  If you bought one, do you think the price is worth what it does?
4.  Up to how much will you pay for a scalarizer?

Surprisingly, some folks mentioned that for P3000, they'd rather get new pickups.  IMO, if it's really that great, no pickup can compete with a scalarizer.  It's just that, it's cheap.  Value-wise, if it's great, you'd pay as much as you would pay for diamonds to please your fiance.

I intend to have my guitars switchable from scalarized to normal.  That way we can have a fair assessment of the item. 

To the new folks here, Mr. oashole is really trying to defeat the so-called TYRANNY OF MAJORITY.  It's all about compelling everyone to defend their thoughts by treading on political incorrectness.   I know it's sad, but it does a fine job in making this forum a great place for discussion, save for the pikunan...

« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 10:28:04 AM by skunkyfunk »

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #912 on: February 20, 2007, 10:38:31 AM »

To the new folks here, Mr. oashole is really trying to defeat the so-called TYRANNY OF MAJORITY.  It's all about compelling everyone to defend their thoughts by treading on political incorrectness.   I know it's sad, but it does a fine job in making this forum a great place for discussion, save for the pikunan...

you sure that's his only intention?

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #913 on: February 20, 2007, 10:44:50 AM »

you sure that's his only intention?

After assessing the guy personally, and talking to people close to him, he just wants to disturb the peace.  But I find him harmless... Just like the geek in school who would argue with his teacher for giving him a 1/2 point deduction for a  partially-wrong answer.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:59:05 AM by skunkyfunk »

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #914 on: February 20, 2007, 11:32:40 AM »
Which is why I opened a new thread (which had been deleted AFAIK)  which asks the following questions:

Surprisingly, some folks mentioned that for P3000, they'd rather get new pickups.  IMO, if it's really that great, no pickup can compete with a scalarizer.  It's just that, it's cheap.  Value-wise, if it's great, you'd pay as much as you would pay for diamonds to please your fiance.

Dude,

You made a thread that was totally baseless and actually maligned BAMF because of the falsity of the thread title. Of course, you made a hypothetical disclaimer in your first post but the damage was already done. Quite irresponsible from a person in your stature.

Poisoned fruit doctrine: If the tree has been poisoned, so shall the apples be. Since your topic was untruthful from the start, any response to such is based on a falsity. Saying that the majority would rather buy pickups because of the alleged scalarizer price increase is totally baseless and lacks merit.

And now, you restarted the same defamatory remarks in your attempt to create controversy.

Uncool dude, totally uncool. 
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #915 on: February 20, 2007, 11:43:49 AM »
Tone is in the lola!  :-D
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #916 on: February 20, 2007, 11:48:01 AM »
hey skunk. i'll let you know what my sked is like this week. pero i'd want to go definitely.

as for me, i had my squier strat scalarized last night. (thanks micsis!)

my initial findings: the guitar now sounds fuller. there was definitely more low end after the crystal scalarizer was installed. wasn't boomy though. just right.. i also noticed a change in timbre whenever i strummed. some people described a sort of woody sound, and i think that was it. very nice. :)

sayang lang, micsis didn't have the metal ones in stock. i would've wanted to try those out, kahit sa strat. i'm actually aftraid to pin all the credit to the tootsie roll (OH, SACRILEGE!!!!), since i had new GFS alnicos installed (AND i'm still trying to find their sweetspot), and tone pots changed from 500k to 250k, PLUS i took out my back plate like OAS suggested.. so i'm thinking of taking it out for a bit, then put em back in after a few weeks..

pero yung woody sound, mehn. yung scalarizer na yun mehn.  :-o

letour: in fairness to skunk, i don't think there's anything wrong with exploring the implications of pricing. especially in our culture where "bang-for-buck" is the name of game. on the bright side, it's not like there are moral implications involved, such as preferring pirated CD's to the original ones.
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #917 on: February 20, 2007, 11:56:53 AM »
Which is why I opened a new thread (which had been deleted AFAIK)  which asks the following questions:

Dude,

You made a thread that was totally baseless and actually maligned BAMF because of the falsity of the thread title. Of course, you made a hypothetical disclaimer in your first post but the damage was already done. Quite irresponsible from a person in your stature.

Poisoned fruit doctrine: If the tree has been poisoned, so shall the apples be. Since your topic was untruthful from the start, any response to such is based on a falsity. Saying that the majority would rather buy pickups because of the alleged scalarizer price increase is totally baseless and lacks merit.

And now, you restarted the same defamatory remarks in your attempt to create controversy.

I didn't make any defamatory remarks.  So when was making a thread title "Scalarizer prices increase..." become defamatory?  I'd rather call it a tabloid approach, but as you know, I apologized to BAMF as it wasn't my real intention.  To begin with, why should a potential customer ask ME how much a scalarizer is when he can go straight to BAMF?  So with a changed thread title and a few posts to my thread, how can you claim that THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE?  Can you ask Jobet if there was a dip in his sales after my thread? 

Offline kedysanchez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #918 on: February 20, 2007, 01:21:37 PM »

Sorry po sa OT.  Nadala lang sa kwentuhan.

You must admit though it was a welcome break from the otherwise mainit na discussion.

Carry on, scalarizer thread.  Finally tested it with the band.  Kahit di ko makopya ang solo ng Brother to Brother, pakiramdam ko ang galing ko!  Thanks, Jobet and Anton.
Evern the band noticed the difference in tone from my hamak ng Washburn.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #919 on: February 20, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »

Titanium bridges are supposed to bring out the true character of your guitar, and that is why there are bad reviews.  Why?  Because if your guitar inherently sounds dull, the dullness will be enhanced further by the titanium block. 

As for the scalarizer, the way I understand it, it is far more forgiving in improving a guitar's sound, even a crappy one.  More of an "upgrade" than something that accentuates the real and inherent timbre of the guitar.

But then Alex said (in person), both the Scalarizer and Titanium bridge are two different peripherals.  So that means, what can beat a Ti block AND a Scalarizer (granting that the Scalarizer can improve the sound)?  In fact he never discounted the capability of a scalarizer to improve the sound of a guitar.  But his point is, everyone can afford it, so the craze is there.  Which is why I opened a new thread (which had been deleted AFAIK)  which asks the following questions:

I intend to have my guitars switchable from scalarized to normal.  That way we can have a fair assessment of the item. 

skunky - cool post.  you're much more credible when you don't go for the 'sensetionalized-cum-tabloid' approach which makes you sound like an Oas-lackey, if not Oas himself!  :-)

peace y'all!  ibalik na lang ang usapan sa pinoy action movies!  any stories about Weng-Weng, Ramon Zamora, and Tony Ferrer? ;-)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #920 on: February 20, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »
Dude,

I didn't make any defamatory remarks.  So when was making a thread title "Scalarizer prices increase..." become defamatory?  I'd rather call it a tabloid approach, but as you know, I apologized to BAMF as it wasn't my real intention.  To begin with, why should a potential customer ask ME how much a scalarizer is when he can go straight to BAMF?  So with a changed thread title and a few posts to my thread, how can you claim that THE DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE?  Can you ask Jobet if there was a dip in his sales after my thread? 

Tabloid approach? Not defamatory? Hmm.... Let me read Cristy Fermin again.

Of course you will claim that it isn't defamatory. It's up to the offended person. And I did see BAMF that infamous Saturday when you posted that erased thread. Damage due to defamatory remarks is not present in sales. It is present in the offended person. When the target of the "tabloid" approach feels attacked, there lies the damage.

Here is your logic: Would you vote for anyone in this year's election if the candidate was endorsed by FPJ? (pinoy movie topic) Any answer would be baseless because this event didn't happen or rather cannot happen.

Nevertheless, your thread posted last Saturday created a controversy to which BAMF had to defend himself. Thus, the damage. Thereafter, you apologized.

If there was no damage, why did you say sorry?

This is my last post regarding this matter even if Skunky replies to this. I have made my point. Hope people understand where I am coming from.
Dean of a law school

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #921 on: February 20, 2007, 04:54:45 PM »
This is my last post regarding this matter even if Skunky replies to this. I have made my point.

Oh, this is, like, "closing arguments"? 

Point well made, Atty.  Sagot mo ako pag na-jay walking ako ha?!

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #922 on: February 20, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »
This is my last post regarding this matter even if Skunky replies to this. I have made my point.

Just "closing".

Just play the National Anthem on slide, and you will be forgiven by the MMDA.
Dean of a law school

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #923 on: February 20, 2007, 05:30:46 PM »
Just go around Quiapo they sell titanium blocks for you pototoy!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #924 on: February 20, 2007, 06:02:48 PM »

Just "closing".

Just play the National Anthem on slide, and you will be forgiven by the MMDA.

Aah, kyna like Leadbelly singing his way out of jail by serenading the governer of Alabama.  Blues na blues.  Pwede!