hulika

Author Topic: Danelectro Guitars?  (Read 994 times)

Offline ingcokevin

Danelectro Guitars?
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:28:45 PM »
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:32:09 PM by ingcokevin »

Offline niko062

Re: Danelectro Guitars?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:06 PM »
Just wondered if anyone ever tried these guitars (All I know is they're Korean made (?) reissues of the old 50s and 60s guitars the company used to make). Naalala ko kasi nung dumaan ako sa lyric nung isang araw  :-o

They seem to have a very jangly feel to them (which I'm all for, great for indie pop maybe?), though I should probably try them out more sometime, and for their price, I'm wondering if they're worth it  :lol: Anyone wanna share their thoughts?  :-)

yung may dalawang lipstick type single coils ba sinasabi mo? dami kaso model ng danelectro eh.. na try ko na yung 1959 reissue nila, for the price ok lang hindi ko alam kung ano yung wood na ginamit sa body, ang gaan kasi eh. anyways triny ko lang yun kasi gusto ko subukan yung sound ng pick ups, kaya ndi ko maxado pinansin yung characteristics ng guitar itself. pero for the price i think it's worth it. cheers!!

Offline ingcokevin

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:56 PM »
^
Just checked youtube  :lol:
yeah that's the one, lipstick pickups, I just dunno the exact specs. hmmm yeah I really should try it out some more  :-D

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:05:56 AM »
^
Just checked youtube  :lol:
yeah that's the one, lipstick pickups, I just dunno the exact specs. hmmm yeah I really should try it out some more  :-D

They're cheap and fun guitars. The body is masonite wood, cheap hardware, weak electronics. But, I like them. Most specially the U2 and the Mod 6 models. Also check the Hodad model.