hulika

Author Topic: Fuzz Freaks arise!  (Read 274846 times)

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Fuzz Freaks arise!
« Reply #925 on: October 25, 2013, 04:11:49 PM »

ok ba to?
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline rubis915

« Reply #926 on: October 25, 2013, 04:35:34 PM »
OMG!!!!

sir san meron? hehehe
nag hahanap din ako ng ganito eh..
last buy ko ng lumang effects was a COMPANION ME8
wala siyang FUZZ..  kaya hanap ko ngayun may fuzz...
most likely ok tunog nito..  its the same "i think"
sa SuperFUZZ or sa FY2 (mudhoney or black keys tone)

THE ME8
"double shot triple espresso with a black coffee chaser without the 'frying bacon sound' tone'..."

Check this band: https://soundcloud.com/mad-love-misery

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #927 on: October 25, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
OMG!!!!

sir san meron? hehehe
nag hahanap din ako ng ganito eh..
last buy ko ng lumang effects was a COMPANION ME8
wala siyang FUZZ..  kaya hanap ko ngayun may fuzz...
most likely ok tunog nito..  its the same "i think"
sa SuperFUZZ or sa FY2 (mudhoney or black keys tone)

THE ME8

Bro merong Shin-ei Companion Fuzz (FY-2 ata) na for sale for at least $300 AUD dito.
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #928 on: October 25, 2013, 05:23:51 PM »
This is where my love for that fuzz sound landed me:

Left to right, top to bottom:

1. D*A*M Tonebender Replica Professional MkII
2. EHX Russian Big Muff Reissue
3. Roland Bee Baa AF-100 Fuzz
4. ZVEX Fuzz Factory
5. Throbak sTone Bender MkII
6. Skreddy Pig Mine Muff Fuzz
7. Riteful Fuzz (Fuzzrite clone) by rubis915
8. Chikusa V1 + Mosfet Boost by Musikerochan

More to come! (I hope)  :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 07:36:40 PM by nickson »
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #929 on: October 25, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »
Which is the most saturated at max fuzz? Which has the most highs? Which is the darkest sounding?

TIA!
Surf's Up!

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #930 on: October 25, 2013, 08:57:04 PM »
Which is the most saturated at max fuzz? Which has the most highs? Which is the darkest sounding?

TIA!

Hi bro... here's my observation (although I haven't really spent much time with each pedal to have their sound resonate in my head)...

1. Most saturated: Riteful Fuzz on saturated mode ON and boost ON; and the Roland BeeBaa (on a solid state amp)

2. Most highs: Skreddy Pigmine believe it or not; and the D*A*M Tonebender replica (had to turn the treble on the amp down)

3. Darket sounding: Russian Muff

:)

Hey bro, how are your Malekko fuzz pedals?

― Duane Allman

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #931 on: October 26, 2013, 12:03:02 AM »
Thanks man! The Malekko's are all bastos. You should try them. :) Fave so far is the Plus Ultra and the silicon B:Assmaster. There are still a lot on my GAS list though. Never ending fuzz GAS! You have a nice collection. Wide range of sound. The Pig Mine and the Fuzzrite clone seems interesting. The Muff is kinda predictable. I was hoping the Pig Mine would be darker since it's supposed to be a true blue Muff clone :D I've played a Black Muff before and it's already kinda bordering on distortion. Watchathink?

Hi bro... here's my observation (although I haven't really spent much time with each pedal to have their sound resonate in my head)...

1. Most saturated: Riteful Fuzz on saturated mode ON and boost ON; and the Roland BeeBaa (on a solid state amp)

2. Most highs: Skreddy Pigmine believe it or not; and the D*A*M Tonebender replica (had to turn the treble on the amp down)

3. Darket sounding: Russian Muff

:)

Hey bro, how are your Malekko fuzz pedals?
Surf's Up!

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #932 on: October 26, 2013, 12:16:35 AM »
Thanks man! The Malekko's are all bastos. You should try them. :) Fave so far is the Plus Ultra and the silicon B:Assmaster. There are still a lot on my GAS list though. Never ending fuzz GAS! You have a nice collection. Wide range of sound. The Pig Mine and the Fuzzrite clone seems interesting. The Muff is kinda predictable. I was hoping the Pig Mine would be darker since it's supposed to be a true blue Muff clone :D I've played a Black Muff before and it's already kinda bordering on distortion. Watchathink?

I knew you'd say that about the Pig Mine haha. Yes, nagulat ako nung nalaman ko it's a muff derivative (bano ako sa fuzz noong nabili ko sya), and a pedal that's supposed to sound at least near Gilmour's muff on the "Animals" album. Even if I turn the toggle to FAT mode, it still has that high frequency peeking through, but I don't dial down the tone knob too much as it would sound bland. Maybe on another amp, but on three amps I tried... no luck. 2 fenders and a ZT hehe.

The Black Muff?.. is thick.. and got balls, so I still consider it as a benchmark muff sound for my ear, although.. mas matalas ang US Muff para sa pandinig ko, pero parehong may taba. Yes, bordering distortion.. but the fatness of the sound on single coils is truly worthy coining it as a fuzz haha. Pero fuzz din naman ang distortion and vice versa diba?

I've got gas for a B:assmaster. :) Maybe next year.

― Duane Allman

Offline rubis915

« Reply #933 on: October 26, 2013, 12:25:30 AM »
Kindly check out devi ever's
Soda meiser - muff killer with additional ampeg
Scambler when maxed out

Vintage fuzz master - vintagish fuzz with also ampeg
Scrambler when maxed out

BY THE WAY i clone them both! Hehe (salestalk) :)
"double shot triple espresso with a black coffee chaser without the 'frying bacon sound' tone'..."

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #934 on: October 26, 2013, 12:55:36 AM »
Yep, checked the devi evers. The soda meiser does sounds nice.

I've tried a scrambler software emulator dati just to have an idea of how it sounds. I've seen a clone pedal eh. I just can't seem to remember what pedal it was. That sounded nice.

I'll try out your pedals. Kailangan ko lang i-balance with other pedal GAS :D

Kindly check out devi ever's
Soda meiser - muff killer with additional ampeg
Scambler when maxed out

Vintage fuzz master - vintagish fuzz with also ampeg
Scrambler when maxed out

BY THE WAY i clone them both! Hehe (salestalk) :)
Surf's Up!

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #935 on: October 26, 2013, 01:07:20 AM »
The Black Muff?.. is thick.. and got balls, so I still consider it as a benchmark muff sound for my ear, although.. mas matalas ang US Muff para sa pandinig ko, pero parehong may taba. Yes, bordering distortion.. but the fatness of the sound on single coils is truly worthy coining it as a fuzz haha. Pero fuzz din naman ang distortion and vice versa diba?

Yep, I remember it very thick sounding. Instant Cliff Burton without breaking a sweat (sorry, I'm bassist so dun ang perspective ko sa fuzz effects :) ).

I've got gas for a B:assmaster. :) Maybe next year.

There's a new derivative out, the Diabolik. Sounds interesting too. Bass demo pa nga lang nakikita ko
Surf's Up!

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #936 on: October 26, 2013, 01:37:19 PM »
thats a lot of fuzz nick.

do u guys have issues powering your fuzz? my stonebender dont work with daisy chain psu. kailangan solo and isolated yun slot. my black cat is harsh at 12v but my earthquake device HOOF works just fine.

looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #937 on: October 26, 2013, 02:31:08 PM »
thats a lot of fuzz nick.

do u guys have issues powering your fuzz? my stonebender dont work with daisy chain psu. kailangan solo and isolated yun slot. my black cat is harsh at 12v but my earthquake device HOOF works just fine.

Napadami nga Mon, hehe.. yes yung sTonebender ko din... humuhuni sya kapag naka DC chain sa ibang pedals. Pero kapag sya lang, okay sya. Akala ko nung una, sira sya pero nung nakausap ko si pie-key (electronic guru) kelangan nga isolated ang fuzz. I don,t know kung merong mga fuzz na ang circuit ay kelangan isolated at merong fuzz na hindi kelangan. Pero the fuzz daw, ay better off with a separate power supply. OR battery powered.

― Duane Allman

Offline ziondelapena

« Reply #938 on: October 27, 2013, 01:03:48 AM »
San po nakakabili ng carbon-zinc batteries? Meron akong Oxfuzz with NKT274 germanium transistors and magkaiba nga yung tunog ng alkaline sa carbon-zinc. Nag-try ako sa iba't ibang hardware store, puro alkaline yung meron sila. :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:07:42 AM by ziondelapena »

Offline jannten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #939 on: October 27, 2013, 01:13:41 AM »
diba ung eveready na puti ay carbon zinc?

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #940 on: October 29, 2013, 02:16:18 AM »

ok ba to?
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #941 on: October 29, 2013, 07:56:44 AM »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #942 on: October 29, 2013, 08:21:35 AM »
@nickson, LOL@ "humuhuni". batang na batang hahaha!

regarding fuzzes, tingan nyo kung positive ground o negative ground ang kelangan nya. if it's the latter (negative ground), ok lang ang daisy chain. kung positive ground, dapat isolated dahil magsho-short ang mga supply lines pag nag-daisy chain.

yung mga silicon fuzz usually negative ground yan. yung mga germs mostly pos-ground.

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #943 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »
@nickson, LOL@ "humuhuni". batang na batang hahaha!

regarding fuzzes, tingan nyo kung positive ground o negative ground ang kelangan nya. if it's the latter (negative ground), ok lang ang daisy chain. kung positive ground, dapat isolated dahil magsho-short ang mga supply lines pag nag-daisy chain.

yung mga silicon fuzz usually negative ground yan. yung mga germs mostly pos-ground.

Ah-ha! So ganun pala yun! Haha... kaya pala ganun nangyari sa stone bender ko.

Anu ga kumusta na ga Sean? What's the latest fuzz? LOL.

― Duane Allman

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #944 on: October 29, 2013, 10:00:33 AM »
Ah-ha! So ganun pala yun! Haha... kaya pala ganun nangyari sa stone bender ko.

Anu ga kumusta na ga Sean? What's the latest fuzz? LOL.

yep. good thing di na-fry ang PSu mo hahaha!

are, sinulit ang mga araw na walang pasok experimenting on some quick labels, like the one below (binihisang Mimosa):

sa 2014, yung Chibi.

Offline rubis915

« Reply #945 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:42 AM »
Bro merong Shin-ei Companion Fuzz (FY-2 ata) na for sale for at least $300 AUD dito.

Thanks bro... pakibalitaan ako pag may SUPERFUZZ (plastic)...  heheh
kahit anong kulay...

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #946 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:08 AM »
Thanks bro... pakibalitaan ako pag may SUPERFUZZ (plastic)...  heheh
kahit anong kulay...

parang nabili na yata rubis..gulat nga ako bilis nawala sa ads..yung apollo fuzz..yung bago yung fuzzy boy..galing din mag demo ni Blues Saraceno..parang si Andy ng pro guitar shop..hahaha.. sarap lang mag explore ng ganitong vintage and rare,collectible pedals masyado lang nga mahal..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:42:34 AM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline rubis915

« Reply #947 on: October 29, 2013, 11:01:11 AM »
sayang! heheh...
minsan nga..  mas ok pa nga yung hindi kilala
pero from the same factory galing.. parehas lang naman tunog
for sure... madaming japanese pedal na ganun... same circuit
at housing..  different brand lang... last ko na aquire was
the UECKS FUZZ

like this one.... sila gumagawa..  pero ......

ang sumikat yung KAY fuzz

pati sticker same lang different "printed brand"    :eek:

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #948 on: October 29, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »
May Kay Fuzz ka????  :cute:

Peram akoooo!!!

― Duane Allman

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #949 on: October 29, 2013, 11:05:30 AM »
sayang! heheh...
minsan nga..  mas ok pa nga yung hindi kilala
pero from the same factory galing.. parehas lang naman tunog
for sure... madaming japanese pedal na ganun... same circuit
at housing..  different brand lang... last ko na aquire was
the UECKS FUZZ

like this one.... sila gumagawa..  pero ......

ang sumikat yung KAY fuzz

pati sticker same lang different "printed brand"    :eek:

haha interesting to ah!!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *