hulika

Author Topic: Boston Engineering Brand - Really rebadged for JB Music  (Read 19890 times)

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Boston Engineering Brand - Really rebadged for JB Music
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 01:50:44 AM »
kaya grab na those Boston pedals bago magka-demandahan sa korte! :D

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »
i have a gtx hevy metal at home, swabe pag nagload ung distortion, u must be right, it is indeed a gem,. ask q lang if boston, beta aivin and gtx are manufactured by the same company, preho xe enclosure..

:mrgreen:

i think Boston should be spelled Boss Tone hehe  :-D asa ako haha!

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2007, 08:13:41 PM »
good thing nabasa ko tong thread na ito.. i was looking for information about boston engineering kasi nga walang website nila.. tama si sir bamf at construction ata ang laman  nung Boston ENg na site

tanong ko lang nama eh ayos din naman ba ang heavy metal stompbox nila? kasi baka bumili ako. yun lang ang budget ko kasi pag bahay lang naman.

how bout the durability?

Offline sanchai

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 06:53:15 AM »
thanks sa info sir BAMF!   :-D
"The love we have bebs that I have lost now, will still and always will be the love that I will long for until the day I die...."  - Hugh Grant

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »
well, ung saken n gtx heavy metal really delivers, plus you can set which frequencies to emphasize, unlike ordinary dist pedals.. ako din eh hehe, budget musikero lang din, pambhay baga,. got a boston compression ped too, luv it..

ei, ntry nu n ba ung century na pedals? un xeng matapobre kong tiyo na aw ako pagamitin ng efx sa grupo ko bumili nun, pumputok ing amp pag inpkan n ung pedals, esp. ung korus hihi!  :mrgreen:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 01:19:56 PM »
well, ung saken n gtx heavy metal really delivers, plus you can set which frequencies to emphasize, unlike ordinary dist pedals.. ako din eh hehe, budget musikero lang din, pambhay baga,. got a boston compression ped too, luv it..

ei, ntry nu n ba ung century na pedals? un xeng matapobre kong tiyo na aw ako pagamitin ng efx sa grupo ko bumili nun, pumputok ing amp pag inpkan n ung pedals, esp. ung korus hihi!  :mrgreen:

Yep. Boston, GTX, GLX, Beta-Aivin all come from Elder Audio. On the other hand, Century, Maxtone, Denio, Vshock are all the same pedals. On that line, me gems, me not-so-gems din.

What I like so much with the HM100 is how heavilly moddable it is, and when you do, it gets soo very versatile. I'm implementing a new Zen mod on my HM100 (did it already on Anton's Bakemono and my Boston OD100 and DS100). Captures the  nuances of the much-fabled Zen Drive :D. Dalhin ko siguro mamaya sa Xmas party :D

BTW please refrain from txt spelling. Tnx. Ooops, Thanks. :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline treb 821

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
I just checked out the website of soundking, it is the same baloney nga, eto na nga rebadged boston engineering products.  I was interested in the PA Systems that JBMusic is now selling and I couldn't find the technical specs of the products until I stumbled upon this thread...now I know, if you need product specs of boston engineering products, visit the soundking website!

Offline hotH2O

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2008, 01:34:19 PM »
up

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »
BTW please refrain from txt spelling. Tnx. Ooops, Thanks. :D

hay hohonga noh? sohry poh, hehe.. ^_^

got a GTX overdrve last december nga pla, naghanap tlga ako kasi nga alam kong wala nang masyadong GTX sa Raon eh, buti dun sa suki ko meron pa! aun, both my dirt peds will be gtx, and i'll rely on behringer processing na lang for the extra effects (e.g. chorus flange, etc.). also got a behringer fx100 nah, prob ko nalng ung lakas ng drain sa battery.. OT lang po, anu po bang mgandang adaptor for the fx100 to suit the draw?

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
I purchased the Boston Engineering plastic Wah two years ago for 1,100 pesos. I bought it instantly because I saw it was so cheap i ddnt even bother to test it thoroughly.

When I got home and tried it in my rig it was total CRAP. Wasted piece of junk. Wont even "wah" it just goes "woh woh woh" and even if I opened it and adjusted the pots inside for maximum swing it still sounded bad. Worse is that the bypass volume pedal function sucks tone a LOT.

I ended up giving the pedal away to an old friend, in exchange for beers hehehehe

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:11:44 PM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
Wow. Once again, sir BAMF amazes us with his l337 detective skills. Thanks sir for uncovering this.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2008, 08:27:18 PM »
I purchased the Boston Engineering plastic Wah two years ago for 1,100 pesos. I bought it instantly because I saw it was so cheap i ddnt even bother to test it thoroughly.

When I got home and tried it in my rig it was total CRAP. Wasted piece of junk. Wont even "wah" it just goes "woh woh woh" and even if I opened it and adjusted the pots inside for maximum swing it still sounded bad. Worse is that the bypass volume pedal function sucks tone a LOT.

I ended up giving the pedal away to an old friend, in exchange for beers hehehehe

If you want to get it back, it's easy to convert it into a volume pedal :D

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
Kudos to BAMF! This what I call R&D (Research and Development) I see nothing wrong with JB rebadging a chinese made product. Not everyone may know but there are more than a hundred Chinese electronic manufacturers who cannot break into the western market, or worse they even cannot break into the asian market. Somehow JB was able to make a tie up with these manufacturers. A good plus for JB music, and a better plus for the unknown manufacturer. The Chinese manufacturer wouldn't care less if the can make a name in the market, it's not their job and they were not trained to do that. For them their company would just be better off a a supplier for an electronic music dealer. Same goes to the even bigger names in pedal makers like Boss, they invested in chinese labor to make the pedals for them. Technology is Roland Japan but hard sweat is Chinese. I even doubt that parts supplied by Roland would still be Japanese made, plastic parts will definitely still be Chinese sweat. I remember I posted at another thread that our local nata de coco is exported to other countries to be used as PCP boards, maybe one of your Boss pedals has that nata de coco component.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 08:42:43 PM »
If you want to get it back, it's easy to convert it into a volume pedal :D

I was planning to use the housing and do something about it, well I already gave it hehehe nakakahya naman if bawiin ko.
This is a forum siggy.

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 12:56:53 AM »
I was planning to use the housing and do something about it, well I already gave it hehehe nakakahya naman if bawiin ko.

bilhan mo din ng beer.

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 03:20:50 AM »
oohhhh good point  :-D i really thought it was somehow acquainted with that amerocan brand :-D
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline gunlak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 05:30:36 PM »
this topic is very helpful ah. kahit na luma na sobra hanggang ngayon wala parin nanyayare sa issueng yan.

halos lahat ng sinabe dito ay pansin ko sa different  "Brands" ng pedals sa JB

very helpful tlaga.  :-D
CLICK TO see baกิิิิิิat boys FB page!!!also check out my other band Skylines Forget

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 09:28:53 PM »
this topic is very helpful ah. kahit na luma na sobra hanggang ngayon wala parin nanyayare sa issueng yan.

halos lahat ng sinabe dito ay pansin ko sa different  "Brands" ng pedals sa JB

very helpful tlaga.  :-D

There is no "issue" ser. It just is, and just "test everything" na lang before you buy. Yun lang naman yun.

Offline raidow

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 11:22:48 PM »
very nice info...  :-) and applicable din naman ata sa lahat ng brand/pedal un or kahit anong item... itest muna bago bilhin... pano kung may defect pala tapos di natin tinest dahil sa "brand name"? edi tayo din ang talo...  :|
aria mac-gothic>>pitchblack>>NG100>>Shredhead>>DD3>>PH3>>Laney LX65r

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 08:56:57 AM »

I own a boston engineering wah and its one of the worst pedal purchases i ever made. I didn't try it out at the store when I bought it, thinking it would sound decent anyway.

it's sounds like WOH WOH even with tweaking and adjustments in the pots and levers inside.

I keep it as a souvenir na lang.  :cry:
This is a forum siggy.

Offline rubbershoes

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »
veery enlightening.... :-D
Mitsubishi Mirage / Monterosport / Lancer /Adventure / Strada
PM me, txt or call 09157894257 Jescasant@yahoo.com

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »
i labs my hm 100 basic mod by bamf <3

i labs my eq100 change ic by bamf <3

sana lang maglabas sila ng parametric eq <3
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 09:57:11 AM »
Moral Lesson: There is nothing wrong in testing the product before buying it.  :-)

Offline electricon27

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 02:35:12 PM »
this is a very useful tip sir. from now on, i will take time to check and test gadgets first.im impressed on how you put the time in investigating . you figured it out pretty well :lol: it has good and bad impression to about Jb music.
the pro is, jb is beginning to be competetive in the international market given that they have this "special agreement" with the boston engineering brand.

the con is, it may sound like jb is taking advantage of this privilidge in selling out possible low standard equipment that is not suitable for professional use.we can compare this with the nintendo wii . nintendo has third party manufacturers who markets nintendo wii controllers,accessories, gadgets, and so on.because of this setting , the nintendo company fails to impose strict quality control among these manufacturers causing massive product recalls, maraming defective.sana hindi mangyari to sa jb kasi sayang naman yung foundation at market share nila dito sa pinas kung masisira sila.
LETS RAWK!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2009, 11:59:41 PM »
this is a very useful tip sir. from now on, i will take time to check and test gadgets first.im impressed on how you put the time in investigating . you figured it out pretty well :lol: it has good and bad impression to about Jb music.
the pro is, jb is beginning to be competetive in the international market given that they have this "special agreement" with the boston engineering brand.

the con is, it may sound like jb is taking advantage of this privilidge in selling out possible low standard equipment that is not suitable for professional use.we can compare this with the nintendo wii . nintendo has third party manufacturers who markets nintendo wii controllers,accessories, gadgets, and so on.because of this setting , the nintendo company fails to impose strict quality control among these manufacturers causing massive product recalls, maraming defective.sana hindi mangyari to sa jb kasi sayang naman yung foundation at market share nila dito sa pinas kung masisira sila.

Ironically, Boston Engineering pedals are even better built than Boss pedals...AFAIK of course but I swear. Lalo na yung Japan na Boss ? Ay josko no comparison. Nagkakaputol-putol ang mga wire ng Boss Japan pedals because they dont use connectors. Pag luma na ang pedal, malutong na ang mga wire tapos ...pak, pak pak...sunod sunod sila kung maputol. I don't think that would ever happen to Boston pedals. And dig this. There are foil-side component markings on the Boston. Sa Boss...wala.