hulika

Author Topic: Steal? or got robbed? Need help  (Read 1150 times)

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
Steal? or got robbed? Need help
« on: February 05, 2018, 02:35:49 PM »
While me and my daughter was at a guitar shop looking for a practice guitar for her, I saw this LTD XAC10E on display and decided to test it. The guitar overall was ok, action was just right, no problem on the intonation, good stock tuners, frets, the inlays were perfect and it even has a truss rod! It was priced for only 5500 brand new and it sounded way better than the other brands on display like Sqoe, LGA (or LAG?), some Ibbys and your regular sta mesa guitars.

Now I don't know anything about acoustic guitars and this is the first acoustic guitar that I bought since my teenage years (I'm old AF) and I just bought this for the sole purpose of giving my daughter some guitar lessons. When I got home I did some research and found some possible red flags about this guitar mainly the price and the preamp section, The price for this was around $200-$300 on what I saw online and on the preamp section it has a Crafter C4T preamp installed instead of the usual stock ESP Preamp but aside from those everything seems to check out.

With how China's ability to make guitar these days I am now having doubts but still for the price I paid I'm ok with but if this turns out to be an authentic LTD then I scored a steal... What do you guys think?

PICS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6heWu10xMa5v9sUu1

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Steal? or got robbed? Need help
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:39:28 PM »
looks like the real deal. so i think you had a great buy.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline jake z

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:35:12 PM »
Mind sharing what store this guitar was displayed?

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 08:45:39 PM »
This was a conversation years ago with Lyric sales manager in Festival Mall Alabang.

Mngr: Sir, bilhin mo na tong EC401FM last piece of korean made na ito. Next year release will be MIC na.
Me: Oh? Why?
Mngr: Ewan ko din. Pero yun yung balita namin pagkakuha namin ng stocks around August.
Me: okay okay. Pero wala parin ako pambayad ng 23k e.
Mngr:  :lol:
Me:  :lol:

BTT: It's fair enough I think. Since LTD's nowadays are crafted in China. About the preamp, it can be easily replaced if you want to.

Not a steal nor get robbed. It's a fair deal.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:48:21 PM by nicoyow »
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 12:56:26 AM »
looks like the real deal. so i think you had a great buy.

This was a conversation years ago with Lyric sales manager in Festival Mall Alabang.

Mngr: Sir, bilhin mo na tong EC401FM last piece of korean made na ito. Next year release will be MIC na.
Me: Oh? Why?
Mngr: Ewan ko din. Pero yun yung balita namin pagkakuha namin ng stocks around August.
Me: okay okay. Pero wala parin ako pambayad ng 23k e.
Mngr:  :lol:
Me:  :lol:

BTT: It's fair enough I think. Since LTD's nowadays are crafted in China. About the preamp, it can be easily replaced if you want to.

Not a steal nor get robbed. It's a fair deal.

Thanks guys! I'll consider this a steal since it was better compared to the other guitars on display.

Mind sharing what store this guitar was displayed?

Bought it from one of the local stores here in Baguio.