hulika

Author Topic: Being a Guitarist  (Read 43785 times)

Offline mintzkie009

Re: Being a Guitarist
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
... makes me happy  :-D
"All is Well"

Offline jeffyonzon_025

• Veteran Member
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2011, 09:10:18 PM »
=makes me feel better  8-)
Array

Offline gradual nothing

• Veteran Member
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2011, 07:40:57 AM »
is me..in this world that defines me..who i am..  8-)
the avatar of the avante guarde

"you make the sound with your hands and you can fine-tune it with your gear"  --  ALLAN HOLDSWORTH

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2011, 08:34:12 AM »
It doesn't really matter if you pursue a career or not by playing the guitar.

But I can tell you, once you reach 30 or 40 guitar playing will be just a thing you love doing. May it be you're successful in your chosen field or not. If you'll be working on an 8 hour job, you'll just itch to find some people in your office with the common interest and be happy with weekend jams.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »

But I can tell you, once you reach 30 or 40 guitar playing will be just a thing you love doing. May it be you're successful in your chosen field or not. If you'll be working on an 8 hour job, you'll just itch to find some people in your office with the common interest and be happy with weekend jams.

sapul! I'm doing office job these days but I played professionally for a few years before. I got my own studio now and the usual highlight of a boring week is a light drinking session with one or two buddies while playing some music. we don't even bother with the technical stuff we used to do. Just fun music we can sing ourselves hoarse. (with more wrong lyrics as the bottles piles up)
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline Darkgcleff

« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »
Bottom line: masaya at masarap maggitara. Why treat it as an insurmountable challenge? If you love your instrument and your music, everything else becomes secondary, harsh realities notwithstanding.

+1 :-D

mannyjon

« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
mga sir. simple lang sagot dito. "kung saan ka masaya...dun ka".

Offline silverwings

• Veteran Member
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
magasto talaga mag gitara kasi ang hirap mag ipon pambili ng effects hehe lalo na pag student ka pa lang gaya ko lol   pero pag may trabaho ka na at walang pang pamilya sarap siguro bili ng bili ng gadgets kada sweldo mo hehe..

Offline gradual nothing

• Veteran Member
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2011, 07:37:38 PM »
magasto talaga mag gitara kasi ang hirap mag ipon pambili ng effects hehe lalo na pag student ka pa lang gaya ko lol   pero pag may trabaho ka na at walang pang pamilya sarap siguro bili ng bili ng gadgets kada sweldo mo hehe..

i doubt bro.. i think if you just like playing, gadgets or things di nagmamatter i have a lot of friends who plays really well at they just using behringer fx, me also i was stuck with nothing(but i'm not saying i'm good) noon, just an acoustic guitar that i bought in sta mesa, but it never really hinders me to play because i love the guitar, money doesn't really counts as being a guitarist.. :-)
the avatar of the avante guarde

"you make the sound with your hands and you can fine-tune it with your gear"  --  ALLAN HOLDSWORTH

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2011, 09:47:01 PM »
i doubt bro.. i think if you just like playing, gadgets or things di nagmamatter i have a lot of friends who plays really well at they just using behringer fx, me also i was stuck with nothing(but i'm not saying i'm good) noon, just an acoustic guitar that i bought in sta mesa, but it never really hinders me to play because i love the guitar, money doesn't really counts as being a guitarist.. :-)

I only play with a shredhead and a wah. that's my only rig throughout my 10 years of playing guitar, just a dirt pedal and wah...

...and I haven't stopped playing!!!

Offline dakuykoy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2011, 11:16:41 PM »
A few years ago, it actually came to a point where I simply set the guitar aside and live a "normal life"...

then again...

...abnoy nga pala ko, so anong "normal" ang pinagsasasabi ko?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

ayun, I got that job-that-you-all-probably-know-I-once-had  :-) I left it for personal reasons though, but that doesn't mean my guitar-playing days are over.

kaya ang lesson:

Kung duda kang madumi yung fishball, sa suka mo isawsaw...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

read between the lines; don't take life TOO seriously  :-)

Yes, I'm no longer affiliated with TMS

Offline tr3monti

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2011, 01:13:49 PM »
Grabe naman..Pinagtyagaan kong basahin lahat ng comment dito sa thread.Kakatuwa naman po dahil may mga dahilan kung bakit tayo nag gigitara hindi lang para gumaling or kung ano man kundi passion na din.May sumpa talaga ang thread nato kahit ako na bago palang natuksong basahin..Peace po mga sir at mam.. :mrgreen:

Offline roei03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2011, 09:07:09 PM »
dear ate charo...
ako po ay isang gitarista, beinte dos anyos, nakatira sa quezon city.
ako poy may problema, dahil po sa aki,,,,..

oops! wrong channel!   :-D
ang bumasa nito may t@e sa pwet!

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2011, 10:29:51 PM »

Well said old friend
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2011, 07:40:44 AM »

+100
 8-)

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2011, 03:58:43 PM »
I will leave you with this quote:

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."

By whom you say?

Jimi Hendrix

And I remember another famous guitarist (forgot his name) who said that he liked the guitar because among all the other instruments, it is that instrument which allows you to be familiar with it but will never ever let you make the master of it. So maybe that's why guitarists have this common feeling.
2008 USA Charvel SoCal Style 1 2H Black;2009 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Sienna Sunburst;2012 Ibanez 25TH Anniversary RG3XXV Laser Blue;2013 Ibanez Genesis Collection RG550 Road Flare Red;Laney Lionheart L20T

Offline half_empty

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:45 AM »
is like drinking beer with friends, sing along together, ganun kasaya.

is a continues learning

Offline powghi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »
ako din ganyan na fi-feel ko eh. wala kasi na ako nakaka jamming kaya nawawalan ako ng gana. kaya ngayon introvoiz na ko. (puro intro na lang natutugtog ko). . .

Offline nochi143

« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2011, 10:09:48 PM »
ako din ganyan na fi-feel ko eh. wala kasi na ako nakaka jamming kaya nawawalan ako ng gana. kaya ngayon introvoiz na ko. (puro intro na lang natutugtog ko). . .
super naka relate ako dito. same tayo ng situation, walang maka jamming, tapos intro lang na tutugtog. parang di na nag iimprove. T_T pero nothings impossible with practice practice and practice.

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
Thread of the Millennium na to

Offline jigs

• Netizen Level
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2011, 06:44:27 AM »

better than to do dumb sh.. like getting drunk and picking fights with homeless kids, or proving your more gangstah  than the other guy in skinny jeans + xxxxxxxxl shirt.  :roll:
knuckle deep within the borderline

Offline mariaespie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2011, 09:33:39 AM »
Ako rin frustrated guitarist and keyboardist. pero kahit gaano ako nabwibwisit dahil hindi ko magets ung tono or ung style, di ko sinasabi ko sa sarili kong i quit or i hate this life. I still pursue kasi i want to learn e. No pain no gain.. ;) and besides, nasa sayo na yan kung ano ipraprioritize mo. Bakit naman ako? nakakapagtrabaho pa ko and still find time to do music. ;)

feature=channel_video_title

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
Ako rin frustrated guitarist and keyboardist. pero kahit gaano ako nabwibwisit dahil hindi ko magets ung tono or ung style, di ko sinasabi ko sa sarili kong i quit or i hate this life. I still pursue kasi i want to learn e. No pain no gain.. ;) and besides, nasa sayo na yan kung ano ipraprioritize mo. Bakit naman ako? nakakapagtrabaho pa ko and still find time to do music. ;)

feature=channel_video_title

Ok naman ah.. :wink:

Offline mariaespie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #223 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:52 AM »
Ok naman ah.. :wink:

hahaha salamat sir :) pero naniniwala parin akong makakapag improve. back to basics ako ngayon e. tagal ko ng di naggigitara, ngayon nalang ulit. ^_^ kaya kung me advice kayo, im all ears ^_^

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
basics ^_^ kaya kung me advice kayo, im all ears ^_^

:lol:

sabi ni steve vai, whenever you get frustrated, get back to that big picture...