hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 448146 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here
« Reply #2650 on: September 13, 2016, 09:55:12 AM »
Ooohh I see.. Eh pag pang interface lang? Recording?
May nakita at narinig ako maganda combination ng TS9 at Yamaha THR10 eh. Tas diretso Logic Pro X. Sarap!

Bet ko rin MS70CDR. Mas marameng pwedeng gawin sa delay and chorus compared sa MS50G eh. Hehe

kung straight to recording, why get a pedal? andaming TS9 VST Plugins that nail the sound. for recording, I think better to use a Guitar Effect and Amp Suite like BIAS FX, AMPLITUBE or GUITAR RIG.

maganda yung tunog nung THR10 setup because its a good amp. tanggalin mo yung THR10 dun, palitan mo ng cheapo behringer amp, and it will not sound the same kahit may TS9 ka sa harap.

kung live mo gagamitin, go ahead with the TS9, but pair with a good amp. mafufrustrate ka ng solid pag crapola amp ang gamit mo. kung JM tone yung hinahabol mo paps, its not the TS9 that gives him that distinct sound. its the TWOROCK and DUMBLE amps. you can get close with a FENDER Voiced amp, plus the TS9, but not the other way around (TS9 plus any amp)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2651 on: September 13, 2016, 11:37:58 PM »
kung straight to recording, why get a pedal? andaming TS9 VST Plugins that nail the sound. for recording, I think better to use a Guitar Effect and Amp Suite like BIAS FX, AMPLITUBE or GUITAR RIG.

maganda yung tunog nung THR10 setup because its a good amp. tanggalin mo yung THR10 dun, palitan mo ng cheapo behringer amp, and it will not sound the same kahit may TS9 ka sa harap.

kung live mo gagamitin, go ahead with the TS9, but pair with a good amp. mafufrustrate ka ng solid pag crapola amp ang gamit mo. kung JM tone yung hinahabol mo paps, its not the TS9 that gives him that distinct sound. its the TWOROCK and DUMBLE amps. you can get close with a FENDER Voiced amp, plus the TS9, but not the other way around (TS9 plus any amp)

Kailangan matuloy ang next EB ni kuya Pao! I need you to be there! I have a handful of questions. Thanks for all the inputs paps, highly appreciated sobra. Bawi na lang ako sayo.

Why? Kasi nakita at narinig ko na it sounded much better that way. Di ko pa alam na may plug ins that can do the job. Well if that's the case, mas tipid pala kung ganon.
Anyway, Guitar Effect and Amp Suite, BiasFX, AmpliTube, GuitarRig? Noob ako, ano mga yan?

Thanks to this. Dame kong tanong, hirap dito. Pag nakalibre sa oras at may EB na makakapunta ka, punta ako. Di naman sobrang JM tone habol, ganda lang talaga pang modulation yung TS9. I don't know, I might be wrong. But I'm just basing this on what I've heard and saw.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:08:44 AM by musicianurse28 »
Planning for a Band Rehearsal Studio business. Baka may alam kayong space for rent around QC area lang. Please PM me. Thank you.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2652 on: September 14, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
Kailangan matuloy ang next EB ni kuya Pao! I need you to be there! I have a handful of questions. Thanks for all the inputs paps, highly appreciated sobra. Bawi na lang ako sayo.

Why? Kasi nakita at narinig ko na it sounded much better that way. Di ko pa alam na may plug ins that can do the job. Well if that's the case, mas tipid pala kung ganon.
Anyway, Guitar Effect and Amp Suite, BiasFX, AmpliTube, GuitarRig? Noob ako, ano mga yan?

Thanks to this. Dame kong tanong, hirap dito. Pag nakalibre sa oras at may EB na makakapunta ka, punta ako. Di naman sobrang JM tone habol, ganda lang talaga pang modulation yung TS9. I don't know, I might be wrong. But I'm just basing this on what I've heard and saw.

kahit set ka lang weekend, jam tayo sa bahay niyo hahahaha

well first, Guitar Effects and Amps Suite, eto yung mga software like GUITAR RIG, AMPLITUBE and BIAS FX na iniinstal mo sa computer or IPAD, tapos para na siyang multieffects. see picture below:

GUITAR RIG

BIAS FX

These apps/software will help you get an IDEA of how that pedal will sound like, and on which amp it will sound best, as well as how the effect interacts with other pedals. in turn, magkakaron ka na ng idea kung ano yung gusto mong naririnig, and how to achieve that tone.

watch youtube vids for demos on how to use it. IMHO, BIAS FX sound the best.

well, in a way, the TS9 does make your signal better. pero again, at the end of your chain, it's the amp that produces the sound. kahit anong ganda ng pedal board at gitara mo, pero hindi naman at least decent ang amp na gamit mo, hindi mo rin maririnig yung tunay na tunog nung rig mo.

jam na G!
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline musicianurse28

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2653 on: September 15, 2016, 12:43:41 AM »
kahit set ka lang weekend, jam tayo sa bahay niyo hahahaha

well first, Guitar Effects and Amps Suite, eto yung mga software like GUITAR RIG, AMPLITUBE and BIAS FX na iniinstal mo sa computer or IPAD, tapos para na siyang multieffects. see picture below:

GUITAR RIG

BIAS FX

These apps/software will help you get an IDEA of how that pedal will sound like, and on which amp it will sound best, as well as how the effect interacts with other pedals. in turn, magkakaron ka na ng idea kung ano yung gusto mong naririnig, and how to achieve that tone.

watch youtube vids for demos on how to use it. IMHO, BIAS FX sound the best.

well, in a way, the TS9 does make your signal better. pero again, at the end of your chain, it's the amp that produces the sound. kahit anong ganda ng pedal board at gitara mo, pero hindi naman at least decent ang amp na gamit mo, hindi mo rin maririnig yung tunay na tunog nung rig mo.

jam na G!

Mismo ka talaga paps! Salamat! Balikan kita dito. Ayos!
Planning for a Band Rehearsal Studio business. Baka may alam kayong space for rent around QC area lang. Please PM me. Thank you.

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2654 on: September 22, 2016, 06:02:17 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SterlingbyMusicMan/Zoom G3Xn SBMM JP100 Alice String 427PJP
"Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks"
http://sterlingbymusicman.com/

Offline mr_deadmaxxx

« Reply #2655 on: October 01, 2016, 12:15:19 PM »
Mga sirs, pa help naman.

Im torn between two guitars,

Ibanez Gio GRX80
or
Burny LG480.

Pa help po naman to decide.2nd guitar ko po sana eto pag may napili na
DIY:  Boss MT2 klon, Echo Base delay, GM Arts DS/OD, MXR Noise Gate, Ibanez CP9, Magnus Modulus, Fender Blender, Orange Squeezer, EM3207 Flanger, DOD Swell, Sansamp GT2, Spitfire(ongoing)

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2656 on: October 03, 2016, 07:28:45 AM »
Mga sirs, pa help naman.

Im torn between two guitars,

Ibanez Gio GRX80
or
Burny LG480.

Pa help po naman to decide.2nd guitar ko po sana eto pag may napili na

none of the above ako. haha.
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline mr_deadmaxxx

« Reply #2657 on: October 03, 2016, 08:02:55 AM »
none of the above ako. haha.

Bakit sir? Di po ba maganda yun? Pag ganun, di muna ako bibili.
DIY:  Boss MT2 klon, Echo Base delay, GM Arts DS/OD, MXR Noise Gate, Ibanez CP9, Magnus Modulus, Fender Blender, Orange Squeezer, EM3207 Flanger, DOD Swell, Sansamp GT2, Spitfire(ongoing)

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2658 on: October 03, 2016, 08:44:47 AM »
Bakit sir? Di po ba maganda yun? Pag ganun, di muna ako bibili.

magkano po budget nyo?

kung set neck sana yun Burny, yun sana kaso alam ko bolt on yan.
PM me!

Offline mr_deadmaxxx

« Reply #2659 on: October 03, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »
Bolt on po sir. May nagbebenta kasi dito 2ndhand at yan dalawa magandang choices.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2660 on: October 04, 2016, 04:14:25 PM »
Bolt on po sir. May nagbebenta kasi dito 2ndhand at yan dalawa magandang choices.

magkano presyo nung mga gitara?

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2661 on: October 04, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »
Hey peeps, this is for a (very distant) future purchase, but I'd still want to hear your opinions about it.

I'm saving up for a 7-string, an Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci signature model, and am currently torn between 2 possible options.

I'm currently using black guitars with a plain basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. I'd like my next guitar purchase to be as distinct from my current setup as possible, which means going for different woods, colors, and/or construction methods.

One is the anniversary model from 2011, aptly named the JPXI-7:
1. Non-chambered alder body with maple top
2. bolt-on neck
3. 1 9V battery, long battery life, functional magnetic pickups even without a battery
4. Black Onyx only
5. Slightly Cheaper

Second is the Most unique of the Petrucci line so far, the Majesty 7:
1. Non-chambered basswood body with maple top
2. Neck-through
3. Game Changer(tm) technology (mechanical rewiring of pickup selections via app); fully-buffered output
4. 3 AA Batteries, needs more frequent replacement, both piezo and magnetic pickups are unusable when the batteries run out
5. Color options
6. Slightly pricier

I didn't mention other details simply because they don't matter for what I want.

I'm currently leaning towards the JPXI-7 more, simply for the wood selection and battery concerns. However, the Majesty is clearly a more unique guitar, with more features and better playability and neck access.

I don't gig (can't even if I wanted to), but I'd like my equipment to be as gig-ready as possible, just in case  :lol: Thanks in advance for replies.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2662 on: October 05, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »
Hey peeps, this is for a (very distant) future purchase, but I'd still want to hear your opinions about it.

I'm saving up for a 7-string, an Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci signature model, and am currently torn between 2 possible options.

I'm currently using black guitars with a plain basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, and rosewood fretboard. I'd like my next guitar purchase to be as distinct from my current setup as possible, which means going for different woods, colors, and/or construction methods.

One is the anniversary model from 2011, aptly named the JPXI-7:
1. Non-chambered alder body with maple top
2. bolt-on neck
3. 1 9V battery, long battery life, functional magnetic pickups even without a battery
4. Black Onyx only
5. Slightly Cheaper

Second is the Most unique of the Petrucci line so far, the Majesty 7:
1. Non-chambered basswood body with maple top
2. Neck-through
3. Game Changer(tm) technology (mechanical rewiring of pickup selections via app); fully-buffered output
4. 3 AA Batteries, needs more frequent replacement, both piezo and magnetic pickups are unusable when the batteries run out
5. Color options
6. Slightly pricier

I didn't mention other details simply because they don't matter for what I want.

I'm currently leaning towards the JPXI-7 more, simply for the wood selection and battery concerns. However, the Majesty is clearly a more unique guitar, with more features and better playability and neck access.

I don't gig (can't even if I wanted to), but I'd like my equipment to be as gig-ready as possible, just in case  :lol: Thanks in advance for replies.

tried both care of wonderful GAS friends. IMHO, the JPXI plays better, however, the Majesty is more versatile, and it looks better too. sanay lang siguro ako sa mas mabigat at mas chunky kaya mas type ko yung feel ng JPXI. manipis kasi si Majesty eh.

I actually played acoustic songs ala Acoustic Set last weekend using a friend's Majesty. it really sounded like an acoustic.

I don't think you should worry about the 9v too much. just bring spare batts in the bag and you're always covered.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2663 on: October 12, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
tried both care of wonderful GAS friends. IMHO, the JPXI plays better, however, the Majesty is more versatile, and it looks better too. sanay lang siguro ako sa mas mabigat at mas chunky kaya mas type ko yung feel ng JPXI. manipis kasi si Majesty eh.

I actually played acoustic songs ala Acoustic Set last weekend using a friend's Majesty. it really sounded like an acoustic.

I don't think you should worry about the 9v too much. just bring spare batts in the bag and you're always covered.

Thanks for the reply paps. Medyo na-spoil ako sa batteries na tumatagal ng isang taon na walang palitan haha. A potential problem I can see with the Majesty's buffered output is added noise when plugged into distortion pedals/amp overdrives - wala pa akong na-experience na buffered pedal na tahimik pag sinaksak sa drives e.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2664 on: October 13, 2016, 09:49:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply paps. Medyo na-spoil ako sa batteries na tumatagal ng isang taon na walang palitan haha. A potential problem I can see with the Majesty's buffered output is added noise when plugged into distortion pedals/amp overdrives - wala pa akong na-experience na buffered pedal na tahimik pag sinaksak sa drives e.

sos, lagi ka naman ding naka noise gate eh. anong problema. hahahaha

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2665 on: October 13, 2016, 05:20:47 PM »
sos, lagi ka naman ding naka noise gate eh. anong problema. hahahaha

Hindi pa ko nakakabili ng noise gate haha, plus gusto ko yung au naturel na tahimik yung chain dahil malinis yung signal path. In any case, I won't be buying the guitar for another year or two, so mahaba pa ang panahon kong mag-isip  :-P

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2666 on: October 13, 2016, 06:16:52 PM »
Hindi pa ko nakakabili ng noise gate haha, plus gusto ko yung au naturel na tahimik yung chain dahil malinis yung signal path. In any case, I won't be buying the guitar for another year or two, so mahaba pa ang panahon kong mag-isip  :-P

in two years time may bago nanamang model. mas mahirap lalo pumili hahaha

Offline broduo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2667 on: October 20, 2016, 10:09:10 PM »
zoom g3n or boss me25?
"Positivity 2018 No Negativity"

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2668 on: October 21, 2016, 08:44:14 AM »
zoom g3n or boss me25?

G3n. ME25 is outdated na imho.

then again, kahit G3x lang, mas okay na kesa sa ME25 para sakin lalo na sa dirt and amp voices.

Offline iccurtepnhoj

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2669 on: October 21, 2016, 11:31:50 AM »

then again, kahit G3x lang, mas okay na kesa sa ME25 para sakin lalo na sa dirt and amp voices.

balak ko din bumili nito  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:34:06 AM by iccurtepnhoj »
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SterlingbyMusicMan/Zoom G3Xn SBMM JP100 Alice String 427PJP
"Strong sense of synchronization between the two [playing] hands,Different Strum for Different Folks"
http://sterlingbymusicman.com/

Offline broduo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2670 on: October 21, 2016, 06:22:01 PM »

salamat paps
"Positivity 2018 No Negativity"

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2671 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33:52 PM »
Bumabalik ang GAS ko sa amp.

Peavey bandit or Peavey Classic 30?

Peavey Bandit
pros: madaling bitbitin, cheap
cons: hindi tube amp at di ko pa rin talaga nasubukan sa jam kasama drummer. so di ko alam kung kayanin niya kasabay ang drummer.

Classic 30
Pros: tube amp. subok ko na kapag may drummer
cons: prone sa luslos dahil sa pagbubuhat.

Basically, I need easy-to-transport,  12-incher bedroom combo amp that can also be used to my once to twice a year band jam.
PM me!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2672 on: October 28, 2016, 02:07:52 PM »
Bumabalik ang GAS ko sa amp.

Peavey bandit or Peavey Classic 30?

Peavey Bandit
pros: madaling bitbitin, cheap
cons: hindi tube amp at di ko pa rin talaga nasubukan sa jam kasama drummer. so di ko alam kung kayanin niya kasabay ang drummer.

Classic 30
Pros: tube amp. subok ko na kapag may drummer
cons: prone sa luslos dahil sa pagbubuhat.

Basically, I need easy-to-transport,  12-incher bedroom combo amp that can also be used to my once to twice a year band jam.

bandit for convenience. its lood enough to go head to head with a loud drummer. trust me, loud drummer ako at yan ang gamit nung gitarista naming.

sounds sterile on high volumes tho (naririnig na yung pagkasolid state) then again, it will get the job done. pedal friendly pa so, yeah, id go Bandit.

Offline mr_deadmaxxx

« Reply #2673 on: November 13, 2016, 07:17:12 PM »
magkano presyo nung mga gitara?

Yung burny nasa 8750. Ibanez around 6k.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2674 on: November 14, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »

Yung burny nasa 8750. Ibanez around 6k.

mejo non of the above paps. gusto mo ba ng LP? hahaha baka gusto mo yung greg Bennett ko nalang =))