hulika

Author Topic: Philmusic.com FAQ  (Read 113138 times)

Offline juan sinko

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: im just wondering, who founded www.philmusic.com?
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2008, 10:16:47 AM »
sir jim!

picture nyo naman jan! hehehe! pag naririnig ko ung name mo ung avatar mo ung pumapasok sa isip ko eh!

si mam chette nakita ko na ung pic nya sa sa site nya eh..

buti nalang at lagi akong may proxy..kase pag wala eh..wala na rin ako gana magtrabaho!  :-P

hi sir  inquiry lang paano ba mag apply as moderator dito sa philmusic?
thanks?
JUAN SINKO UPPERS CLUB<br />MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako <br />Upping is not a crime

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »
thanks?

^^ Uy, baka qualified nga naman.   Sensya na last post ako bago na-lock thread mo.   :-(
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
thanks?

i hope you're not suggesting yourself!
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline m1k3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2008, 06:22:56 PM »
i hope you're not suggesting yourself!

:lol:

Offline jv21

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2008, 04:31:45 PM »
thanks?

hahaha.  :lol: seryoso ka ba juan sinko? hehehe.

iba ka talaga. hehehe. abot ka dito tol. ehheeh
"epal ikaw ,Epal ako,Epal siya,Epal Sila,Epal tayong lahat hehehehe" quote from  JUAN SINKO (founder, Sinkoism)

Offline efilnikufesin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
about philmusic
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »
good day, im currently working on my thesis and im interested in the role of philmusic in promoting philippine music abroad with respect to international relations. can you please help me by answering some questions:

-are there activities initiated or participated by philmusic that promotes philippine music (event arrangements, music festivals, tours, etc)? if so what are these

- is philmusic just a community based website or it has actual events where  people meet with organizers and stuff

- is philmusic "approved by" or "a member of" certain organizations that asserts the site's credibility

*please, it would best help if you try to explain these things.
thank you very much.

much respect

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: about philmusic
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2008, 10:59:23 PM »
nako marami tanong mo sir... pwed paki googs nalang thanks
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline efilnikufesin

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »
nako marami tanong mo sir... pwed paki googs nalang thanks

googs?

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2008, 12:46:41 AM »
he means "google" it. 

anyway since it is your thesis that is at stake then you better start doing some serious back reading...

you will get no comprehensive answers here if you just ask point blank.

anyway philmusic is a very vibrant pinoy forum with a lot of industry people who are also members. lots of overseas members, lots of provocative posts to fight/argue over just shoot the sxxt...

or you can ask the big man himself pinoymusika nicely...
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2008, 06:39:43 AM »
Some people still have this impression that PhilMusic is this big company staffed with hundreds of people but really it's just something that chette and I grew in the backyard that went out of control. If people think it's bigger than it is, that is probably saying something about the power of the Internet.

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2008, 01:48:50 PM »
Hiya, please see my comments below:

-are there activities initiated or participated by philmusic that promotes philippine music (event arrangements, music festivals, tours, etc)? if so what are these

A: PhilMusic.com is always open to event sponsorship. We come on board as a media sponsor. We have been known to be especially effective in getting the word out on events. In terms of organizing events, I'm open to working with production companies but leave them to set it up.

- is philmusic just a community based website or it has actual events where  people meet with organizers and stuff

A: We are basically a virtual entity. "Organizers and stuff" meet online. Putting up an event involves, well putting up an event, so we'll need help in the event management side from third parties.

- is philmusic "approved by" or "a member of" certain organizations that asserts the site's credibility

A: Actually nobody believes me so we have no credibility, hehe

As an individual I'm a member of IT organizations and am setting up some involving the mobile industry. As a music journo this is strictly off the beaten path since people who know me personally know that I actually work in a mobile telco for a living hehe. I have a lot of personal online activities (blogging, managing virtual communities, and PhilMusic is one of them).

It is interesting to note though that at the height of the Eraserheads-Marlboro controversy Carlos H. Conde noted that in the viral spread of information about the event, PhilMusic appeared to be the "ground zero" of info. Though I still think of this site as my personal blog (or one of them), the longevity of PhilMusic (this has been online for eleven years) by default gives it a certain air of credibility.

The forum is another matter. I look at it is a self-sustaining community. While any tom, [sausage], and harry can just fire up SMF or phpBB and start their own forum, the PhilMusic forums has managed to attract a surprisingly wide spectrum of musicians, from known professionals to amateurs and newbies. I sometimes wonder how we were able to get them all onboard, but I'm always thankful for the community for making the forums what they are - and that is the most authoritative source of info for music gear. And that's not something we did, it's what the communty was able to achieve by itself.

We don't need to "join an organization" for that, the community itself gives its own credibility. I think PhilMusic is the original social network for pinoy musicians.

Oh I forgot that PhilMusic.com has been recognized a few times - the website won the Philippine Web Awards twice a year for eight years straight, so this site won ten trophies and then two years later they gave us a Hall of Fame just to put an end to it. :) Maybe that adds to the "credibility" as well.

thank you very much.

much respect

Offline peabrain12789

« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2008, 04:45:34 PM »
may sweldo ba ang mga mods?
kasi parang lagi sila online?
REFERENCES,
prank_sinatra,
gitardy, ian1226, black_diamond, souljp21, bossingboss, BryanLP, colorless_crayola, Solidblur, karmah_lyme, Gholghol, electrosushi, pochbelmonte, kilo_pi, bhaachico, oloc, kalel23, plugzz, kalasagnibajula, and many more...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2008, 08:27:57 AM »
may sweldo ba ang mga mods?
kasi parang lagi sila online?

No we don't... but the car plan is terrific.  :-D
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline peabrain12789

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2008, 10:09:39 AM »
what about the car plan?
REFERENCES,
prank_sinatra,
gitardy, ian1226, black_diamond, souljp21, bossingboss, BryanLP, colorless_crayola, Solidblur, karmah_lyme, Gholghol, electrosushi, pochbelmonte, kilo_pi, bhaachico, oloc, kalel23, plugzz, kalasagnibajula, and many more...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »
what about the car plan?

I'm just yankin' ya... there ain't any.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline peabrain12789

« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2008, 10:20:11 AM »
hehehe :evil:
REFERENCES,
prank_sinatra,

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2008, 11:37:33 AM »
I guess I thought everyone knew - but I was wrong! We all manage the board in a voluntary basis - this is an all volunteer effort. So don't bug the mods ok? :-)

I just got an email from Jerome Azarcon asking if its true that mods get paid 40K a month and if he could apply... where do those weird rumors come from?!? Pare mag call center ka na lang...  :roll:

Offline wiccan8888

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2008, 08:09:42 PM »
good day, im currently working on my thesis and im interested in the role of philmusic in promoting philippine music abroad with respect to international relations. can you please help me by answering some questions:

thank you very much.

much respect

maganda pare maghanap ka ng mga matatagal na dito.(BTW, hindi ibig sabihin na madaming post eh matagal na sa philmusic.) check mo na lang yung registration date nila.  tapos mamili ka sa kanila from guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, etc. sections/board ng pwede mo mainterview ng personal(wag mo ko isama sa interview list if ever, im a very super busy person.).  o kaya pagsabaysabayin mo sila kahit sabihin mo libre mo na lang sila ng alak.  saka maganda magset ka ng time kung ilang oras sila magiistay. mas madami ka matututunan kung kakausapin mo sila ng personal sa mga experiences nila at observation dito.  isa pa is sa mga EB attend ka with the intention to get their views. maki mingle ka at iexplain mo intention mo na may project ka.  sa dami ko ng nakatransaction dito, minsan hindi enough ang 2 hours sa kwentuhan namen bago magkaliwaan ng items or tinda.

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
so how come philmusic is not asking for donations so that you could improve your server or maybe switch to a different forum board wherein your search engine could function properly. to be honest with you this forum is totally informative it's a shame to go to waste.

Im sure with the number of people who could afford to sell and buy gadgets and guitars in this forum they could shell out a few bucks for a donation.
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Philmusic.com FAQ
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2014, 07:47:48 PM »
Napansin ko lang, ang search function ba ng Philmusic is talagang for the posts lang? Not for the thread titles? Yun kasi yung makikitang nakahighlight kapag nagsearch eh. Pwede kaya natin gawin na yung thread titles mismo yung tags?

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2014, 08:07:55 PM »
Napansin ko lang, ang search function ba ng Philmusic is talagang for the posts lang? Not for the thread titles? Yun kasi yung makikitang nakahighlight kapag nagsearch eh. Pwede kaya natin gawin na yung thread titles mismo yung tags?

Help Relative search weight for number of matching messages within a topic:
    20%
Help Relative search weight for age of last matching message:
    20%
Help Relative search weight for topic length:
    10%
Help Relative search weight for a matching subject:
    40%

Help Relative search weight for a first message match:
    10%

40% na sa title.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline Riff_6603

• Philmusicus Moderatus
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2014, 08:17:37 PM »

Help Relative search weight for number of matching messages within a topic:
    20%
Help Relative search weight for age of last matching message:
    20%
Help Relative search weight for topic length:
    10%
Help Relative search weight for a matching subject:
    40%

Help Relative search weight for a first message match:
    10%

40% na sa title.

Adjusted it to 60% instead (less 15% on search weight for age of last matching message, 5% for topic length). Should help a bit MORE, me thinks. :-D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:38:52 PM by Riff_6603 »

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2014, 08:08:38 PM »
^Uy thanks sa response! :)

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2016, 09:31:32 PM »
Good day Mods.I'm having a hard time logging into my account until now. Error 403 kept on flashing whenever I enter my password.

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2016, 04:58:11 AM »
Good day Mods.I'm having a hard time logging into my account until now. Error 403 kept on flashing whenever I enter my password.

Bro, ganyan din error sa akin, dun ka ba nag sisign in sa top left?

Try mo click yung login, na kahilera ng Home etc na options,
   Dapat yung login page na lalabas eh yung nasa baba na and mas malaki yung box, yung pwede mo lagay kung ilan minutes mo gustong naka login.
Shot na!!!