hulika

Author Topic: Where can I buy/freedownload drumagog?  (Read 1007 times)

Offline jesper2g

Where can I buy/freedownload drumagog?
« on: January 19, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »
Pls..Tnx

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: Where can I buy/freedownload drumagog?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 07:34:47 PM »
I don't think drumagog comes free... but I do know there's a demo. Go to drumagog.com
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »
Maganda ba talaga ang drumagog? Has anyone tried? Matagal ko na gusto magkaron nito.

Edit:

May demo pala version pala. Ayos. Wala nito dati eh.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 08:36:59 PM by glassjaw_jc »
Surf's Up!

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 03:40:05 AM »
ayos ba to? to GAS or not to GAS! that is the question.... hehehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 10:26:33 AM »
ayos ba to? to GAS or not to GAS! that is the question.... hehehe

Depends on a lot of factors:

1.  PLAYER DYNAMICS - If the drummer has wide range of dynamics, from ultra fine buzz rolls, to ghost notes, to heavy hits (did I describe Dennis Chambers here?)  you'll find out Drumagog will simply KILL those dynamics.  So unless killing the dynamics is what you're after then you're ok with drumagog.
2.  MULTISAMPLE AVAILABILITY - If you don't have much GOG multi-samples (kung baga eto ang font ng drumagog), you have less options.  The stock version for me is quite limiting.
3.  THE 3-ZONE SNARE PROBLEM - While most advanced electronic snare triggers have 3 different trigger zones (i.e. rim, center and edge), drumagog is completely deaf to these areas.  It can't tell whether you're doing rim shots or rim clicks.  So you have to do serious dicing and slicing before you slap it in to drumagog.  Drumagog has "positional multisampling" but I don't hear much difference.
4.  DUCKING PROBLEMS - Drumagog claims that it can do AUTODUCKING (pretty much like sidechain compression) but fails to do that effectively.  Say you have a snare track and you want to apply autoducking to a hihat track.  What happens is the hihat track should be able to trigger a sampled snare sound whenever the snare track triggers a sample. 

Anyway, I still think drum replacement is the cheapest alternative to having a multitude of drumkits.  Damn I hate the production values in this country.