hulika

Author Topic: Setting up your PC for Recording  (Read 296696 times)

Offline inot1105

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Setting up your PC for Recording
« Reply #600 on: August 27, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Thanks so much Mr.KitC.
'guess i'm not really a singer eh...hehehe.

Pop-filter - Noted.

salamats ulit.

br & God bless
1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their own craftiness”;

Offline dualdeath

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #601 on: September 11, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »
hello po.. bago lang ako dito.. sana walang uminit ulo sa tanong ko..

well medyo matagal na rin ako naggigitara.. just for leisure.. ngayon naisipan ko na gusto ko irecord yung tinutugtog ko.. so eto, nagrresearch ako kung ano ba dapat ko gawin para maiconnect ko sa laptop ko yung guitar para marecord ko dun.. kasi pangit yung sound pag nirerecord ko sa built-in mic nung laptop.. then nagresearch ako.. pwede pala from guitar diretso sa mic(port) ng laptop using a cable.. pero magssuffer naman daw sa latency.. now i'm looking for the right hardware and software para magawa ko ito reducing latency.. so sana may makapagenlighten sakin.. kung pwede rin sana, yung best solution w/ cheaper expenses.. and btw i just plan on recording using my guitar.. nothing else..

edit: nakita ko mukhang ok yung line6 toneport gx.. wala nga lang ako makitang nagbebenta dito..  :|

kung mali man napagpostan ko.. please link me to the right topic to post my inquiry.. thank you po..
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:20:42 PM by dualdeath »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2010, 03:58:43 PM »
edit: nakita ko mukhang ok yung line6 toneport gx.. wala nga lang ako makitang nagbebenta dito..  :|

Just wait. These things have a way of popping up in the guitar or pro audio classifieds.

As an alternative, some M-audio interfaces also offer guitar input; JB also has the Mbox2 and Saffire interfaces which have instrument/guitar inputs. Yupangco offers Cakewalk/Roland interfaces that also have similar features.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline dualdeath

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
Just wait. These things have a way of popping up in the guitar or pro audio classifieds.

As an alternative, some M-audio interfaces also offer guitar input; JB also has the Mbox2 and Saffire interfaces which have instrument/guitar inputs. Yupangco offers Cakewalk/Roland interfaces that also have similar features.
thank you po sir.. i'll look into those you suggested.. noon i was scouting for behringer ucg102 and stealthplug.. pero nagbasabasa ko and found out a a few cons about those including noise and latency.. kaya nung nakita ko yung line6 gx.. i wanted to get myself one, pod studio or toneport.. researching really does help.. gusto ko lang maconfirm na tama yung mga naiisip ko.. kaya nagpost ako dito.. i'm new to recording..

thanks again.. :D

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #604 on: September 13, 2010, 08:51:20 AM »
btw, I think yupanks also carries Line6... at least last time I looked.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline dualdeath

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2010, 09:22:49 AM »
btw, I think yupanks also carries Line6... at least last time I looked.
thank you sir.. medyo noob ako.. kaya di ko nagets yung yupanks.. website pala yun.. haha.. silly me.. mukhang guitar port nalang kukunin ko.. sana ok din yun..

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator

Offline dualdeath

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2010, 08:39:54 PM »
kakabili ko lang kanina.. tnry ko.. ganda.. thanks sir..  :-D

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #608 on: September 15, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »
Good for you! Enjoy your new toy!

Offline morphine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #609 on: September 23, 2010, 08:48:59 AM »
sir kit would it be better to mic an amp or to skip it in recording?
im planning to get a multi w/ usb interface and not sure if its worth
the money.....should i buy a multi w/o usb interface and mic my 30watt amp
or go direct in?

what multi would you suggest?
done my research and im torn b/w the boss me25, digitech  rp355 and zoom g2nu

thanks

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #610 on: September 23, 2010, 11:26:31 AM »
2 possible schools of thought, one is to mic the amp since some prefer that sound while others choose to record a clean tone and 're-amp' with either an amp sim or pass the guitar signal to a another amp whose sound they prefer.

There is a third option, and that is to do both. We sometimes do this if we like to keep our options open when it comes to guitar tone while at the same time preserving the performance at the time of recording. If there's one thing you don't like to miss, it's the perfect performance regardless of the tone since if you capture the clean tone, you can always re-amp later.

As for the multi, I guess you'll have to decide which one you like better in terms of sound.

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #611 on: September 23, 2010, 03:32:02 PM »
sir kit would it be better to mic an amp or to skip it in recording?
im planning to get a multi w/ usb interface and not sure if its worth
the money.....should i buy a multi w/o usb interface and mic my 30watt amp
or go direct in?

what multi would you suggest?
done my research and im torn b/w the boss me25, digitech  rp355 and zoom g2nu

thanks
Kung gusto ninyo ng masmura and masportable magmulti nalang kayo sir na may amp sim. Check nyo eto mga recordings ko using Line6 POD:
www.soundclick.com/xelly
Eto lang setup ko sir:
guitar >> line6POD >> laptop
:-D

Offline morphine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #612 on: September 24, 2010, 12:32:11 AM »
anung pod gamit mo bro?

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #613 on: September 24, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
anung pod gamit mo bro?
Nag-umpisa ako sa PodXTlive to PodXT the ngayon X3live sir. Solve na solve ako!! :-D

Offline hellven

« Reply #614 on: October 01, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
sir anu po bang software ang pwede kong gamitin. pag magrerecord ng gitara..

may nagsabe sakin adobe audition daw kaso wla akong makitang freedownload?? tnx

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #615 on: October 02, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
Adobe audition is not free. Look for audacity instead.

Some multifx come with software such as guitar tracks pro.

Offline ptl161

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #616 on: October 09, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »
thank you very much!!!

Offline bahaw

« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2010, 08:17:01 PM »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #618 on: October 20, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »
Saw this being demoed at Yupanks a few months back. I must say I was impressed. I liked the fact that you could use the Vstudio 100 standalone.

Offline cky

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #619 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:15 PM »
okay so naayos ko na yung problema ko sa presonus regarding the thing that says "audio input is not activated" i just installed the new drivers for the audiobox...may bago naman akong problema ngayon... :|

hindi ko mapalabas na stereo yung input ko...it's not an issue of the panning effect of my pedals nor the jack that's plugged in to my interface or guitar..why? cos i've done it before with same setup only it was stereo...i remember i configured something in the "audio hardware setup" before that says 1S and 2S...now it's just 1S and the other one, 1M... :oops:

the weird thing was, may nagawa akong something kung saan lumipat naman yung pagiging 1-part stereo nya sa right...dati kasi nasa left then i'm just testing out some shiz dun sa audio hardware setup na yun...then baamm sound input comes in to the right which used to come in to the left channel of the stereo track... :|

i'm using adobe audition, by the way...hindi nako makarecord dahil nauubos oras at pasensya ko sa pagcconfigure...i know that my patience is long and strong but this is just getting on my nerves...i'd like to think that my excitement is a factor...so help me figure this out...cos im excited... :lol: thanks

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #620 on: November 02, 2010, 10:18:34 AM »
What presonus is this?

Chances are, S=stereo and M=mono. Most semi pro gear use 1/4" inputs for their line in with maybe an XLR thrown in. I'm guessing that for stereo, you have to use 2 of the 1/4" inputs (or L/R RCA in some cases) that are assigned to 'channel 1'. The 1S/1M setting just configures the input channel for stereo or mono operation.

If things befuddle you at first, just step back and take a breather. It helps to break open the manual if the interface isn't as intuitive as it seems. (You should try the Emu interfaces... their patchmix can be daunting; almost a vertical learning curve.)

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #621 on: November 08, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »
Sir kitC makikisingit lang po... Will this setup work? Guitar -> G1X -> Audio cable from G1X output to -> mic in Netbook? or should i get a DI box or external souncard instead? Thanks
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #622 on: November 08, 2010, 08:55:49 AM »
@Jason - use the G1X's headphone/line out using a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo cable, and connect it to your laptop's LINE IN, not mic in, ok?

You can usually get a 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cable quite easily, just get a 1/8"-to-1/4" adapter so you can accommodate the G1X's line output.

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #623 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
@Jason - use the G1X's headphone/line out using a 1/4" to 1/8" stereo cable, and connect it to your laptop's LINE IN, not mic in, ok?

You can usually get a 1/8" to 1/8" stereo cable quite easily, just get a 1/8"-to-1/4" adapter so you can accommodate the G1X's line output.
whoah thanks sir for answering my queries. Unfortunately my netbook only accomodates 1 input (mic in) only.
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #624 on: November 08, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »
whoah thanks sir for answering my queries. Unfortunately my netbook only accomodates 1 input (mic in) only.
+1
Paano yun sir kung mic in lang? Balak sana magrecord ng mga simpleng tracks ng friend ko kaso mic-in lang meron yung laptop niya.