hulika

Author Topic: "The official overpriced stores thread"  (Read 5495 times)

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "The official overpriced stores thread"
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 08:25:12 AM »
Keeping things in perspective, go outside the US, Canada, or maybe Hong Kong, and you'll find that local prices are almost always more expensive than what you see in the InterWebz sites like MF.

People here always praise Audiophile for trying to keep up with online prices. But has anybody even wondered why they are the least aggressive retailer in terms of bringing in new brands? Does anyone seriously think they can do the same for any given brand just like that? And how about the small sellers here in PhilMusic? If they do decide on bringing in items that don't fit in balikbayan boxes (or in friends and families' luggage) anymore, does anyone think that they'll be able to maintain the prices they charge today?

Importing and dealing at larger quantities with Customs is not more fun in the Philippines. It's a common thread you will hear from anyone in the business.

Granted, I'm not particularly interested in most of the new stuff coming in to the local market. And I will admit that I am extremely hesitant to buy, even if I can afford that Marshall amp I've been liking since last year. But instead of heckling them, I'd rather give props to JB for taking chances with high value products.

+1

i think you have point sir Al_Librero
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:13 AM »
Request sa TS:

Please change the thread title to:

The official overpriced music store thread

GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »
In.  8-)

Will keep up with the discussion.

OT:
Bakit pag ang gadget(multi) asa raon, we don't tend to buy. We buy it rather in JB or the likes na store? <_<

OT lang. are there copy versions of multi's? Zoom, Boss and the likes?

rock n' scroll!

Offline guitarman8294

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 08:56:31 AM »
OT lang. are there copy versions of multi's? Zoom, Boss and the likes?

Multi's i think not. Dun ko nabili yung G7 ko and is working very fine. Baka sa analogs. Guitars definitely. Hehe

BTT:
Ganun ba talaga kataas tax dito sa tin? Para ma overprice ng ganun? <_<

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 09:13:12 AM »
Duties and taxes (not to mention graft). After those, then maybe you can think about sellers' actual profits. But even before all of those, we have to keep in mind that dealership arrangements differ across different brands.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:19:35 AM by Al_Librero »
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: overpriced stores?
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
I haven't seen the MXR prices of JB. Can you post some of them? Nowadays, JB = overpriced.  :money:

cant help it. pero last time i went to JB cubao, grabe yun presyo ng TC Electronics Nova System. dunno if my eyes were fooling me pero deym 40k+ yun presyo whew
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 09:22:21 AM »
intayin na lang natin sa summer. magse-sale daw ang JB.

rock n' scroll!

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »
Wala pa akong nabili sa music stores except picks and strings.  :lol:
Google is your friend.

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 09:50:26 AM »
Wala pa akong nabili sa music stores except picks and strings.  :lol:

ako guitar strap, strap lock saka el cheapo na Bee Acoustic guitar na nabiyak agad ang neck.

rock n' scroll!

Offline Dahji2

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:04 AM »
JB MUSIC = OVERPRICED talaga. i'm looking for MXR Phase90 last year, then i went to JBMusic, 6k+ yung MXR Phase90, "wow! ang mahal!" yun na lang nasabi ko.. buti na lang napunta ko sa Lyric the same day, ayun nakuha ko MXR Phase90 for 4,795.. For me, Audiophile okay din ang pricing..

Offline Dahji2

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
intayin na lang natin sa summer. magse-sale daw ang JB.
eto lang gusto ko sa JBMusic, madalas mag-sale.

Offline SeafoodPancake

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »

laging sale naman ata talaga sakanila, sa JB Southmall branch samin sale lagi
"got milk?" ,"got GAS?"

Offline dark_minister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 11:28:31 AM »

hmmm... siguro ginagamit na rin nila ang "Sale" para isipin na binabaan nila yung price from the original... which is, inalis lang naman nila yung malaking patong nila  :eek: :lol:
Chatting Bird by Caparison Musical Project (SSH config strat), LTD EC-401, Max Rufo Custom 7 String, Line 6 Spider IV 150, Planet Waves Cables

References: rschua, coffee, cleuxss08, BossingBoss, vindalena

Offline masarapangtaho

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
BTT:
Ganun ba talaga kataas tax dito sa tin? Para ma overprice ng ganun? <_<

AFAIK, hindi "ganun kataas" but rather "ganun kadami".

Duties and taxes (not to mention graft). After those, then maybe you can think about sellers' actual profits. But even before all of those, we have to keep in mind that dealership arrangements differ across different brands.

I guess sir Al_Librero has made things clear about pricing. With regards to Audiophile, their "advertising" presence vs. the other stores is not too aggressive (they don't even have a proper website with products etc.) which is also a factor in pricing products. They are running a business, and they sell at a profit. If they sell these items at MF price (which IMHO is not really cheap considering the hassle and customs duties when items arrive here) then they are digging their own hole for bankruptcy. Just my 0.02.

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
You young guys are quite lucky compared to  old folks like me. Noong araw, puro Raon at Sta. Mesa products lang, walang ibang choices, walang e-bay, walang PM, lahat wala..he he. Raon at Sta. Mesa lang na halos puro paltos ang tinda.
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957

Offline AnalogKiD

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »
binu-bully lang tayo ng mga music stores dito, bukod sa bastos na mga maneger at tindero nila nakakatawa pa mga presyo ng mga kulang kulang nilang paninda...

Boycott ako sa mga tindahan na yan at mas prefer ko dito mamili sa PM or TGP na mas makakapili ka na half the price pa kumpara sa mga bw@kin@#$ in@^& tindahan na yan...
Shut up! We know you can play!

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
 :lol: pag nag sale ang JB..nakatago na yung mga magaganda nilang unit :lol:
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2012, 02:20:05 PM »
:lol: pag nag sale ang JB..nakatago na yung mga magaganda nilang unit :lol:

Correct ka diyan partner. They could save themselves the hassle of hidng their priced products by saying "SALE up to xx% on selected items only"  :-D

Kaya ako, aabangan ko na lang ulit ang birthday ni RJ ... at least dun, sale talaga on all (or most) items. Or natuto na sila from last year's sale debacle.

Offline andymckee

• Netizen Level
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 02:25:26 PM »
Correct ka diyan partner. They could save themselves the hassle of hidng their priced products by saying "SALE up to xx% on selected items only"  :-D

Kaya ako, aabangan ko na lang ulit ang birthday ni RJ ... at least dun, sale talaga on all (or most) items. Or natuto na sila from last year's sale debacle.

Yep, you gotta love the discounts on em Taylors  :-D

Offline neicon27

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 03:25:35 PM »
You young guys are quite lucky compared to  old folks like me. Noong araw, puro Raon at Sta. Mesa products lang, walang ibang choices, walang e-bay, walang PM, lahat wala..he he. Raon at Sta. Mesa lang na halos puro paltos ang tinda.

I feel you bro. ako dati pumapasyal sa raon para lang makakita ng orig na ibanez. naglalakad sa sta mesa hanggang makarating sa bahay nina Aroin kasi branded mga binebenta niya dun. Meron na din naman JB music and Salonga dati sa Cubao along.  They carried aria pro,  GTX and ovation since the 90s. 

I've been playing for 20 years (hobbyist), I now have a steady income,   but the funny thing is up to now I only go to JB music for strings and Picks!!!!  :-P

"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline Dahji2

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 05:31:26 PM »
hmmm... siguro ginagamit na rin nila ang "Sale" para isipin na binabaan nila yung price from the original... which is, inalis lang naman nila yung malaking patong nila  :eek: :lol:
Maybe you're right.. pang-tawag na nila ng customer kasi yung malaking poster ng "SALE" sa mga stores nila eh.. but it's a different story naman kapag 40-50% off sale sila, yun nga lang nakatago yung mga bago at magagandang items. nilalalabas lang yung mga old stock na hindi nabibili na may dust at rust p minsan..

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 07:43:06 PM »
I feel you bro. ako dati pumapasyal sa raon para lang makakita ng orig na ibanez. naglalakad sa sta mesa hanggang makarating sa bahay nina Aroin kasi branded mga binebenta niya dun. Meron na din naman JB music and Salonga dati sa Cubao along.  They carried aria pro,  GTX and ovation since the 90s.

I've been playing for 20 years (hobbyist), I now have a steady income,   but the funny thing is up to now I only go to JB music for strings and Picks!!!!  :-P

Ha ha..puro Maya pa dala ng Salonga nun, mga '80's ata yun, putok na putok si Van halen nung mga panahon nayun.. Salesmanship has been crappy even back then.. I was about 16 to buy a maya Les Paul for 2.5K (ha ha mura compared to today) sa Salonga Raon, the moron assigned there told me that it's too expensive for me..kasalanan din naman ng store owner or manager di ba, andun naman sila pero ganun pa din ang asal ng empleyado, so..
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:38 PM »
.. I was about 16 to buy a maya Les Paul for 2.5K (ha ha mura compared to today) sa Salonga Raon, the moron assigned there told me that it's too expensive for me..

Baka gusto nya ding bilhin...kaya dini-discourage kung sino ang bibili  :idea:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:55:41 PM by spetsnaz1123 »
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 07:54:22 PM »

SALE – Tried, tested and proven since the day man learnt how to sell, isn’t it? The idea of having banners and promotional material that shout SALE is a marketing gimmick that JB Music use to drive in customers and make them splurge on things they may have not bought if it wasn’t labeled as "sale".

It is no surprise for someone to be drawn into their shop simply because they saw "45% off".Do remember folks, there are no free lunches!
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
Baka gusto nya ding bilhin...kaya dini-discourage kung sino ang bibili

He he, malamang.