hulika

Author Topic: add layer on my kit's shells  (Read 1573 times)

Offline bolshoi

add layer on my kit's shells
« on: September 13, 2006, 09:24:32 PM »
help naman po.

gusto ko sana kapalan yun existing kit ko.
i'm planning to add layer sa mga shells.
bass and toms.

how to do it and where can i buy the materials for that?

suggestions po master peeves.

thanks
i'm just a simple person who really loves music.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 09:38:55 PM »
hehehe i suggest you dont ...  :D

too much undertaking for very little or no sonic benefit at all. at worse, it will kill the resonance of your drums leaving you with a very dead sounding kit.

if you still want to proceed, well i buy my veneers at alwana,  a company from cagayan de oro and formaply in qc

www.alwana.com
www.formaply.com

you can buy 8x4 sheets from alwana but they are not from one tree, they are pieced together from several smaller strips like the one below

dont wanna type the procedure here coz im too lazy and its too long. call me and i'll come over. we'll destroy your kit together  :twisted:  bwahahaha

Offline bam0120

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:07:47 AM »
Quote from: peeves24
hehehe i suggest you dont ...  :D

too much undertaking for very little or no sonic benefit at all. at worse, it will kill the resonance of your drums leaving you with a very dead sounding kit.

if you still want to proceed, well i buy my veneers at alwana,  a company from cagayan de oro and formaply in qc

www.alwana.com
www.formaply.com

you can buy 8x4 sheets from alwana but they are not from one tree, they are pieced together from several smaller strips like the one below

dont wanna type the procedure here coz im too lazy and its too long. call me and i'll come over. we'll destroy your kit together  :twisted:  bwahahaha

^^^^"deadly"

hehehe
yeah

\m/