hulika

Author Topic: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?  (Read 63768 times)

Offline KennyKen

Re: Panget ba talaga tumunog ang RJ Guitar?
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2014, 08:17:31 AM »
Thruth is...NOBODY wants to spend North of Php10k just to see RJ's name plastered on your hard-earned guitar. Plus their attention to detail is sub-par :-P

They seriously need a WOW factor para naman makasabay sila sa Chinese competition....

Why not slap a DiMarzio or a Seymour Duncan or an active EMG's sa kanilang mga mid/high-ends? sacrifice the profit margin a bit.... It will be a head-turner for sure

''Presenting our brand new RJ Metal Maister guitar, Php10k only...equipped with DiMarzio D-Activator pickups!!!''  :-D :mrgreen:

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:58 AM »
now that one I might buy..

Pero ung kahoy.. ung mahogany sayang eh.

Just give it to the luthiers here to make nice guitars.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2014, 09:36:48 AM »
Thruth is...NOBODY wants to spend North of Php10k just to see RJ's name plastered on your hard-earned guitar. Plus their attention to detail is sub-par :-P

They seriously need a WOW factor para naman makasabay sila sa Chinese competition....

Why not slap a DiMarzio or a Seymour Duncan or an active EMG's sa kanilang mga mid/high-ends? sacrifice the profit margin a bit.... It will be a head-turner for sure

''Presenting our brand new RJ Metal Maister guitar, Php10k only...equipped with DiMarzio D-Activator pickups!!!''  :-D :mrgreen:
Good suggestions...
Rj lost the vision he wanted for his brand name guitars..he jyst want to sell to some chumps and newbies and earn ...sad but i understand..unless he wants to overhaul his product and marketing approach..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2014, 10:09:50 AM »
i kinda agree with you guys that the vision is no longer there.

had it been, then rj would get us guitars that would be of better quality. outsourced na nga gitara niya, mukhang latak pa yung iba or maybe he subcontracted them to some manufacturer who's just downright shoddy.

it would've been excusable if his wares are priced 3k  below, but a good lot of his stuff up for sale now is upwards of 8k, many being around the 10k mark, and his Super Vintage, which turned up to be the Super Disappointment, is 25k.

no one's gonna part with his 10k for a shoddy RJ superstrat if he can get a Cort or Samick that sounds and feels better for the same price.

...or maybe RJ's taste in guitars is just that, unable to please the more discerning crowd.  :)
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2014, 02:18:02 PM »
he did a good job building his brand because of his vision during the 90's..even trying to sell in the US..but  I guess..if grow big you eventually get eaten up by the system..which you cant fight..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline queer_rocker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2014, 02:20:48 PM »

kung 10k lang yan anong kahoy na gagamitin nila sa gitara? langka? bayabas?
pots nila yung tig 25php lang

naka di marzio naman
dude, there is a difference between having fun and just being a troll.
weh di nga?

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
kung 10k lang yan anong kahoy na gagamitin nila sa gitara? langka? bayabas?
pots nila yung tig 25php lang

naka di marzio naman

Dimarzios are worh Php3.5- -Php3.8k ea..

Don't tell me hindi sila makakapagproduce ng gitara worth Php 6.5k?  and that is including operating costs

Very do-able yan sa Agathis wood

And sometimes you have to SACRIFICE a bit for the sake of marketing buzz, that's when the only moment you'll get noticed

Make DiMarzio models your break-even/ at loss - for profit  products....pero yung  trade-off eh positive naman, nakakagawa ka ng ingay

MARKETING 101

bayabas ka diyan  :wave: :-o
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 02:42:29 PM by KennyKen »

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2014, 02:52:15 PM »
Dimarzios are worh Php3.5- -Php3.8k ea..

Don't tell me hindi sila makakapagproduce ng gitara worth Php 6.5k?  and that is including operating costs

Very do-able yan sa Agathis wood

And sometimes you have to SACRIFICE a bit for the sake of marketing buzz, that's when the only moment you'll get noticed

Make DiMarzio models your break-even/ at loss - for profit  products....pero yung  trade-off eh positive naman, nakakagawa ka ng ingay

MARKETING 101

bayabas ka diyan  :wave: :-o

good stuff! as a smart consumer..I would love this idea... value for money..band for the buck! hindi yung 25,000 pesos na kung saan lang yung hardware at electronics..kesyo made in US yung pup wires..
sige sabihin na nating Shandong OEM factory with inconsistent workmanship..hit or miss guitar body..pero with the premiums like above average branded parts, better tuners, bridge, pups....laking bagay na!

kahit wilkinsons man lang..na titanium finished metal parts..etc..  sa ngayon, premiums on their top of the line guitars are what, coffin hardcase with some photos of RJ tag with some Certificate of authenticity?...
buy it and bring it out the store and your 25k will be 8,000 php value nalang..

I feel, RJ music corp is run by old dogs..walang fresh ideas..or strategies to take RJ guitars to the next level or next century...their guitar business is riding on one thing...Ramon RJ Jacinto and his 60's rock and roll vibe..
what if kung wala na siya? paano na ang RJ? in the end, product padin ang mananaig..at magstand out..

its all about profits guys..best to buy them during birthday sale...pero come on guys?!? youve got amazing mexican fenders and squiers all over..and even US gibsons on the second hand market for less than 30k and can hold their value..even appreciate..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:04:39 PM by gandydancer123 »
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: November 23, 2014, 10:01:59 PM »
RJ les pauls can be great value for money. I've had mine for God knows how long, and will continue to be with me. I bought it 8k brand new, and save for routing a few wires here and there for 50s vs modern wiring and back, it remains bone stock to this day. The wisdom before is you get good sounding pickups, nice playability while you save up for MIJ les pauls or Epiphones (I contest that though, around that time I vastly prefer the brand over some Epi LPs that I've held belonging to some forumers I've met over my philmusic dealings). Also, with MIJ or 2nd hand, you dont have that try-at-store advantage.

Pretty solid guitars I think.  Now their ultra low cost models, cue in some badly setup strats, leave so much to be desired that I can almost understand the brand hate. Sometimes I think they should just stick to their Gibson style models.

Here's a clip I made just today.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2014, 09:56:33 AM »
i think as long as the buyer is aware of what he bought its good.  generally we get what we pay for. the bang for the buck concept simply means we were able to optimize the value of what we shelled out....or even received a bit more than what was paid, but it will never be a lottery type of transaction.

to me however, an RJ will never sound like the good MIJs i've tried nor a good USA guitar....unless you have that 1 in a million guitar which is uber uber rare.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2014, 10:48:12 AM »

wala namang sinabing panget. okay naman siya, wag lang sanang iclaim na "IT SOUNDS BETTER THAN "HIGHEND BRAND".
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2014, 11:32:32 AM »

just to clarify my previous post, when i said good MIJ, what i had in mind were the 16k MIJs. there are good ones out there.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »

just to clarify my previous post, when i said good MIJ, what i had in mind were the 16k MIJs. there are good ones out there.

Agreed. Not the "MIJs" from PCPark. please. HAHAHAHA
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
OT lang ng konti.

noong una may mga magaganda na MIJ sa PCPark. there was one instance na gusto ko talaga ipokpok ulo ko sa pader kasi nag hesitate ako. late 70s tokai telecaster. yung may stamp sa last fret. wala ako sa manila pero i could have asked someone to try it and get it. nung nabili na, tsaka ko napansin yung stamp sa dulo ng fret (sa pictures). pinakawalan lang nila ng 16k.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2014, 03:08:56 PM »

parang mas okay ata kung ang RJ, magrebrand as Jacinto Guitars. para hindi naman tunog kalye. tapos yun nga, mas maayos na QC measures hahaha

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: November 25, 2014, 06:57:36 AM »

parang mas okay ata kung ang RJ, magrebrand as Jacinto Guitars. para hindi naman tunog kalye. tapos yun nga, mas maayos na QC measures hahaha

gamit kasi nila boss Ralph yung Jacinto sa isa nyang negosyo, Jacinto Roof. baka isipin ng mga tao na yari sa yero at may alulod yung gitara  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline chazkidlat

• Veteran Member
« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2014, 07:21:33 AM »
Dipende kung super galing ka mamili ng craft and wood ng guitar
"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness."

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: November 25, 2014, 09:56:48 AM »
with proper set up, and correct scale, walang crappy guitar! tone comes from the heart of the musician  :lol:

tone master/guru/expert/genius  --> CV  :-D

hahahaha

try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #218 on: November 25, 2014, 11:13:54 AM »
with proper set up, and correct scale, walang crappy guitar! tone comes from the heart of the musician  :lol:

tone master/guru/expert/genius  --> CV  :-D

hahahaha

Ugh....You cannot properly set-up a crappy guitar in the first place  :-D :wave:

Otherwise, PROs would just be contented on $200 guitars

Contradicting statements there  :lol:

Offline metalmaster

« Reply #219 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »
Panget period :idea:

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #220 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:00 AM »
Ugh....You cannot properly set-up a crappy guitar in the first place  :-D :wave:

Otherwise, PROs would just be contented on $200 guitars

Contradicting statements there  :lol:

hahaha

may sagot din si CV dyan!  :-D

oh well!  :-P
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline XFree

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: November 25, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »
based on exp. for having a couple of RJ guitars before, the particular sound of their guitar is dull dark and muffled. Im not saying its bad sounding im just describing it.

one time I tried a strat and it quacked like a LP...haha

I like the finish on some of the higher priced RJ guitars but tonewise they just don't sound appealing to me :-\
Specifications are subject to change without notice.

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: November 25, 2014, 05:34:01 PM »

hehe I read Jackson guitars

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2014, 11:30:33 AM »
good stuff! as a smart consumer..I would love this idea... value for money..band for the buck! hindi yung 25,000 pesos na kung saan lang yung hardware at electronics..kesyo made in US yung pup wires..
sige sabihin na nating Shandong OEM factory with inconsistent workmanship..hit or miss guitar body..pero with the premiums like above average branded parts, better tuners, bridge, pups....laking bagay na!

kahit wilkinsons man lang..na titanium finished metal parts..etc..  sa ngayon, premiums on their top of the line guitars are what, coffin hardcase with some photos of RJ tag with some Certificate of authenticity?...
buy it and bring it out the store and your 25k will be 8,000 php value nalang..

I feel, RJ music corp is run by old dogs..walang fresh ideas..or strategies to take RJ guitars to the next level or next century...their guitar business is riding on one thing...Ramon RJ Jacinto and his 60's rock and roll vibe..
what if kung wala na siya? paano na ang RJ? in the end, product padin ang mananaig..at magstand out..

its all about profits guys..best to buy them during birthday sale...pero come on guys?!? youve got amazing mexican fenders and squiers all over..and even US gibsons on the second hand market for less than 30k and can hold their value..even appreciate..

sino may balak bumili sa sale nila?

baka pwede i ride yung gusto ko bilhin?hehe.

I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2014, 11:47:04 AM »
sino may balak bumili sa sale nila?

baka pwede i ride yung gusto ko bilhin?hehe.

^ RJSV na ba yan?  :lol:  :lol:
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian