The Musician Forums > Music Technology & Pro Audio

What do you want to learn about recording?

<< < (2/216) > >>

Agent_So:
sakin better to know first the hardware used.. how to connect each hardware to each other and what are the best, loacally available hardware for recording.. for example. instruments>>mixer>>processors>>interface>>pc>> end product

for me.. mas maganda malaman muna ang function ng bawat isa para ma setup ng maigi..

and another thing na gusto ko malaman is what are the advantages/dis-advantages ng ng pc recording or using  recording equipments like tascams has..

actually sir kitC, im planning to ask you nga sana if i can visit your studio para makita setup mo and to gain knowlege as well..hehehe. if thats ok.. :oops:

markthevirtuoso:

--- Quote from: Tarkuz Toccata ---I think it's better to start with Live Sound first because that's where the fundamentals of audio are.

example: What's a "decibel"?  :?
--- End quote ---

True, however we know that decibels manifest in various perspectives (ie dBv, dBu, dBw, dBm, dBspl etc...).

Better yet, start with the main source of the subject - "What is sound?" :wink:

Just my opinion. :)

markthevirtuoso:

--- Quote from: KitC ---Okay, forumites! Listen up!

If you had a chance to walk into a studio and be taught everything under the sun about recording, what would you like to know?

I have been in discussion with another forumite about setting up a workshop to learn about recording. The basic premise is that we will work with what is locally available, hardware and software-wise, mimicking the plight of most recordists here. The goal is to try to educate most musicians/bands on how to properly record their music, if possible in a DIY setting. Hopefully, we will post mp3's and pics of the workshop's progress. The purpose of this post is to let us know specifically, what interests the majority out there.

Any violent reactions?
--- End quote ---

Ok yan sir. :D Sana may mga nag-ku-kusa ring mag-organize nang ganyang workshops dito. :(

KitC:

--- Quote from: Agent_So ---actually sir kitC, im planning to ask you nga sana if i can visit your studio para makita setup mo and to gain knowlege as well..hehehe. if thats ok.. :oops:
--- End quote ---

Hehe. Normally, I would accept but I moved all gear into my bedroom and I have an angel guarding my bed so... no go.

I'm building a 2nd portable DAW based on a Shuttle-type case and it will probably house my DSP Factory. Maybe then my 'studio' will go to you instead.

Tarkuz Toccata:

--- Quote from: markthevirtuoso ---
--- Quote from: Tarkuz Toccata ---I think it's better to start with Live Sound first because that's where the fundamentals of audio are.

example: What's a "decibel"?  :?
--- End quote ---

True, however we know that decibels manifest in various perspectives (ie dBv, dBu, dBw, dBm, dBspl etc...).

Better yet, start with the main source of the subject - "What is sound?" :wink:

Just my opinion. :)
--- End quote ---

Picky, picky...

Or better yet,

Part 1. "The Ear & Psychoacoustics of Hearing"
Part 2. "The Nature of Sound"

:wink:  :wink:

examples:

What are the three physical components of sound and their perceived correlate?

What are the three ways to graph sound? Which of the three components are visible in each?

What are the four areas of the acoustic envelope that define the dynamics of a sound?

What are the three major subdivisions of the auditory system? Give the mediums through which sound travels in each of these subdivisions.

If sound follows the Law of Energy Conservation, what three things can happen when sound energy strikes a surface?

etc.

:lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version