hulika

Author Topic: Question -- please help..  (Read 3856 times)

Offline lidista03

Question -- please help..
« on: July 11, 2020, 06:22:54 PM »

Hello guys,

Please suggest naman po kayo ng magandang acoustic pedal effects na 3 combination na pede ilagay sa bcb 30 Boss https://www.boss.info/global/products/bcb-30/ .

Salamat po.

God bless.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:31:31 PM by lidista03 »

Offline lidista03

Re: Question -- please help..
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 08:57:13 PM »
Please comment po for suggestion, ano po ba magandang combinations para acoustic pedal effects..

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 03:51:18 PM »
nakita ko itong post niyo sir a week ago.. i remembered you said you have a preamp pedal, a reverb and an eq pedal.. ito sana yun babalikan kong topic to reply to after i finished all my priorities.. but just the same please allow me..

as far as i can see there are 2 possible way to plugged into a pa system in a gig..

1) thru an amp (guitar IN) → most acoustic guitar naman have preamp and eq naman na with tune pa nga.. and most guitar amps have reverb & preamp (volume) with tone control (1-band to 3-band) like 1-knob treble-bass, 2-knob treble & bass, 3 knob treble, mid, bass.. sometimes aside from the preamp tone control guitar amp may also have sliding eq control.. case in point → mesa boggie mark series, carvin  amps, etc

2) thru mixer (balanced or unbalanced) → but you will also need a "di box" to convert your instrument impedance level to line impedance level.. so aside from mentioning repeated or redundant pedal this i believe is what you need.. most di box pedals also have preamp in it too.. case in point → fishman sura spectrum di.. not only it has preamp and a 3-band tone control but a compressor and a tuner with anti-feedback features as well..

⚠ REMINDER: → not to use the xlr out of fishman aura or any di box to guitar IN of any amp.. you'll get an ugly hum-like noise because most xlr to ts cable have the other signal shorted to the ground ▼

► "so you have signal in lug 2 freely heard and signal in lug 3 shorted to the ground (it's like the one you hear when you test the amp while your guitar cable plugged in and the other plug being tapped by your thumb)".. so imagine hearing a signal (lug 2) and hearing a noise (lug 3) all at once..

►►► THIS PARAGRAPH IS MODIFIED: → PLEASE SEE REPLY#3 [click here] ◄◄◄

∴ Therefore, understanding impedance matching is a must and will always do us good which i believe you already know and it will not hurt a little reminder just incase the issue present itself along the way

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

God bless Ü
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 12:14:01 PM by emil_murillo »

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »
i believe that the fx loop out of the fishman aura is also at line impedance level.. so if you also use this in amps guitar IN there is also a clear violation of mismatched impedance.. and otherwise, there will also be a redundancy between it's main out and fx loop out if they are both in an instrument impedance level.. the impression of a fishman aura having an fx loop out is kinda more like an "unbalanced line output"..

sorry my mistake saw the signal flow diagram of fishman aura → the fx loop out jack is a TRS and is an external fx loop slot on fishman aura signal chain between "pan/blend knob" (send) and volume knob (return) of preamp section.. see page 28 of the manual

⚠ REMINDER: → even if made a special cable to use the fx loop out.. the result will only bypass the volume control of fishman aura

Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.

God bless Ü

Offline lidista03

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:44 PM »

sorry my mistake saw the signal flow diagram of fishman aura → the fx loop out jack is a TRS and is an external fx loop slot on fishman aura signal chain between "pan/blend knob" (send) and volume knob (return) of preamp section.. see page 28 of the manual

⚠ REMINDER: → even if made a special cable to use the fx loop out.. the result will only bypass the volume control of fishman aura

God bless Ü

Hi Sir,

Thank you so much for that wonderful explanation and idea.

God bless it helps me a lot.

Thank you thank you..