hulika

Author Topic: The Aristocrats in Manila - Please share your experiences and...  (Read 5529 times)

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
pictures/vids, kung meron. :)  I know it was prohibited anyway.

Malungkot sa mga wala sa Pinas na tulad ko na hindi nakapanuod, so please share :)
At least, kahit man lang sa mga i-sha-share nyu, maexperience rin namin heheh.

Thank you!

"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Aristocrats in Manila - Please share your experiences and...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »
My only decent picture -- the venue before the show:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t1.0-9/1453335_745944592133662_6930702349004435861_n.jpg

Setlist off the top of my head (not in order):

1. Furtive Jack
2. Get It Like That
3. Sweaty Knockers
4. Ohhhh Noooo
5. Dance of the Aristocrats
6. Culture Clash
7. Blues F***ers (with drum solo)
8. Gaping Head Wound
9. Louisville Stomp
10. Flatlands
11. Living the Dream
12. Erotic Cakes (encore)

And they played three other songs for the masterclass -- I was only able to catch Desert Tornado and Bad Asteroid since my friends and I arrived a bit late. Don't know what the first song was.

I finally got to see my hero live in concert! The experience was absolutely unreal. Really felt like I was in the presence of giants. And I think Guthrie played more notes than anyone in the whole room has in their entire lives. Haha!

edit: They were also selling CDs and posters at the gate, so I picked up a copy of Erotic Cakes and Boing We'll Do It Live. :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 07:07:11 PM by throwinshapes »

Offline rainraz

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Guthrie's rig:

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 10:29:30 AM »
The Aristocrats was ridiculously phenomenal! They were extremely amazing! These fellas are freakin' UNTOUCHABLE!

No amount of Vais, Satrianis, Gilberts, Malmsteens, Beckers, Batios could ever touch Guthrie! GG is simply not of this earth. Marco Minnemann is an absolute powerhouse! One of the greatest and ridiculously gifted drummers in history. As a drummer, he is way ahead of his time.  Bryan Beller is just as amazing. He's right on-the-groove and always in-the-pocket, but also has an uncanny technique and approach.

I'll never get tired of watching 'em. Hope they comeback!
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline norielpogi

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »
Sulit !!!! badtrip lang kasi yung mga magagandang spots eh "RESERVED" balewala pumila . other than that sulit naman .
recent deals : Spoonbender,nelldenmusic,the wilay,micsis,bossingboss,markv,roger alcantara ;spudmusic;Moncseb;pedallion gears

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 12:09:14 PM »
sino sa inyo nag avail nung masterclass? okay naman?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »

I'll never get tired of watching 'em. Hope they comeback!

Depende na lang iyan sa performance ng mga chicks na nakuha nila.  Bwa hah hah.  Ewan ko kung na pansin niyo rin.  Kaka awa naman mga Pinay... but I guess who would not want some after seeing a bunch of DUDES going crazy over your for two straight hours. LOL

Offline throwinshapes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
Depende na lang iyan sa performance ng mga chicks na nakuha nila.  Bwa hah hah.  Ewan ko kung na pansin niyo rin.  Kaka awa naman mga Pinay... but I guess who would not want some after seeing a bunch of DUDES going crazy over your for two straight hours. LOL

Actually, nakita ko si Bryan sa second floor pagkatapos ng show. Chumi-chicks eh. Alam naaaaaaaaa. :lol:

Offline norielpogi

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »
sino sa inyo nag avail nung masterclass? okay naman?

sulit bro .. mas sulit sana kung di naka "reserve yung magagandang spots" pero okay na din :)
recent deals : Spoonbender,nelldenmusic,the wilay,micsis,bossingboss,markv,roger alcantara ;spudmusic;Moncseb;pedallion gears

Offline norielpogi

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 06:00:55 AM »

HAHAHA MISMO!

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 07:51:27 AM »

bwahahaha chix on the top floor ba ito? deym...

the aristocrats....guthrie is a guitar god, marco is a machine and bryan is the glue guy....blown away hahahah....

sana next time gentle hearts naman :D

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:24:43 AM »

Ganun talaga. Parang mga seaman lang din ang mga iyan. San man sila mapadpad, kelangan din nila ng taga-lambing sa gabi. :idea:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline WHOLESALER

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
:) very unorthodox playing.....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:48:55 AM by WHOLESALER »

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »
Guthrie's Amp

hehe unofficial photo

Offline Legolas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
^ Ayus! Red Horse! 8)
No Matter How Much You Pay For An Instrument, In The Wrong Hands It Will Always Sound "Cheap."

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:02 AM »

Dude, sa tingin mo ba kasama sa upper 5% ng mga babaeng may hiyaw yung mga nakuhang chicks ng Aristocrats? Hahahaha!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 05:37:11 PM »
Pangit kami lahat umuwi, kasi natunaw mukha ng buong audience.

Offline klaide92

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:57 PM »
Guthrie's rig:

Nice !  :-D  Bro, pwede ba mahiram tong pic? Share ko lang sa FB kung okay lang sayo, hehe. Salamat.

Offline rainraz

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 12:39:46 AM »
Sure, no problem.