hulika

Author Topic: to all punk/metal-friends!! - please help!!  (Read 4056 times)

Offline actress2003

• Philmusicus Noobitus
to all punk/metal-friends!! - please help!!
« on: January 08, 2003, 12:38:32 AM »
Hi, I'm Laura and newbie on this Board!

~ Don't you think our music is anoying today? all that pop stuff around the world and its just everywhere! I can't hear it anymore and I f*cking hate POP and makes me sick! ~

We have so many Boygroups, Girlgroups, Soloartists who can't sing, they just dance to an awful sounding playbackmusic in the background...  and thats it! They are famous, have 100.000 of selled records... - is that the musicians future? - should we cut of our head and trow our wonderfull brain away? hopefully no, and I say NO!

You know what I really would like do to? - I really would like to kick their ass!! Does anyone like to kick with me?

I'm gonna write letters with "stopp producing pop music"...

what do you guys think?
L A U R A
..:: =/\= ::..

Offline MadStick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 08:51:30 AM »
i totally agree with you when u say Pop music sucks....but to be very honest ur idea wouldn't work.  Because of...

1.  U cannot and do not have control over the musical taste of the masses.

and

2.  The record companies have to make money.  That's the reason they're at it in the first place.  The more listeners, the more money so what good would it benefit them if they stopped producing POP music?

I think the best way to counteract this surge in pop music is to get more people to appreciate rock/metal/alternative music....and produce more rock gigs...
We are always at war.....war with others, war with ourselves, war with our feelings....the only time we're at peace is when we are dead....

Offline actress2003

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 08:56:26 PM »
Jepp! very sad, there's too much Pop-publicity in the masses.
L A U R A

Offline MadStick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2003, 09:18:26 AM »
I agree with u again Laura that there is indeed too much pop-publicity in the masses.  But *shurgs*...taken from the word itself POP is short for Popular Music....which means...that most songs/groups that crosses to the general masses can generally be coined as POP music...again...i emphasize on the word "most"..but as time goes by, pop became synonymous to music coming from groups like nsync, backstreet boys, britney spears and the like...

so ayun...and death metal kaya....kelan kaya tatawagin na pop?...hahahahahahah
We are always at war.....war with others, war with ourselves, war with our feelings....the only time we're at peace is when we are dead....

pilya

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 07:30:54 AM »
Quote from: MadStick
so ayun...and death metal kaya....kelan kaya tatawagin na pop?...hahahahahahah

hehehe...

Offline arnibal_high

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2003, 01:36:08 PM »
it really is messed up the way record companies prefer to sell albums featuring incompetent sexy actresses/singers when they should be finding new bands with actaul talent and new ideas. really pisses me off... you just name the time and place and we'll start kicking them :D :D :D

Offline actress2003

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 04:00:54 AM »
Hehe! I applied already with my Rock music to a record company in the Philippines!! The americans they do like very much my music, I'm a ****in' rad ass rock chick <- that's what they are saying *lol* Now I'm waiting for a reply from them!

>>>>||  I T'S  T I M E   T O  M A K E   A   C H A N G E !!!!!  ||<<<<

if I get signed, I try to do my best to kick out all those crap in the charts!! seriously! If you want to listen to my music, you can listen it from my IUMA website if you like! just check it!

http://sexylaura.iuma.com

And if you like it, please sign my guestbook with comments or feedback - that might be helpful to me.

...and maybe - who knows - you'll see me on TV sooner or later *lol*... who knows who knows...  

keep Rockin' in the Philippines!!
L A U R A

Offline hardkor692001

POP is not a bad word
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2003, 12:42:31 PM »
POP Music is not a bad word.. it's popular music.. but what makes pop bands are those marketable crappy artists who are not themselves and sing (?) about NOTHING... ANNOYING.
:D

Offline A!r-On214

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 02:36:47 AM »
OPM lives!!!!!!!!

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2003, 02:27:52 AM »
SAVE THE RAINFOREST!

Offline MadStick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 08:27:50 AM »
Make LOVE not war!....:D

Offline kaiotik

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2003, 05:51:56 PM »
Keep up the good work...study hard!

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2003, 12:00:20 AM »
I LIKE HAIRDYE!

Offline A!r-On214

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2003, 03:28:44 AM »
imposible:cool:

Offline emo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
How it is.
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2003, 08:35:15 AM »
You're very ambitious.

Honestly, if it were up to me. I'd much rather keep having crappy pop music around. If it ain't there, who are we gonna fight against?

You can't have order without chaos.

In other news, were you the one who emailed me about singing for my band like months ago? Well, if ya ever make it over to the Philippines, we'll probably take you in without hesitation. My band is always on the verge of being signed. We just need a signer to hold the audience's attention.

Thinking about it now, joining my band would give you the perfect stage to fight for yer cause.

If only.

Offline actress2003

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: How it is.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2003, 10:38:44 PM »
Quote from: emo
In other news, were you the one who emailed me about singing for my band like months ago? Well, if ya ever make it over to the Philippines, we'll probably take you in without hesitation. My band is always on the verge of being signed. We just need a signer to hold the audience's attention.

Thinking about it now, joining my band would give you the perfect stage to fight for yer cause.

If only.

Yupp, I'm the one who e-mailed you! ^^ Well, that's cool you are verge of being signed. Myself either. A canadian-filippino record label is very interessed in me and they gonna send me a contract. I'm very excited about that. Keep me up to date!

c-ya
L A U R A