hulika

Author Topic: IS THE PHILS. READY FOR RNB??  (Read 33338 times)

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: IS THE PHILS. READY FOR RNB??
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »
of course philippines is always ready for RnB...   RHYTHM AND BALLADS... HAHAHHA :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I would like to agree on that one! Hehehehe.....a lot of people in the Philippines (a good number of them musicians themselves) do not know what is R&B.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline stefan_hendrixx

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2010, 08:46:06 AM »
what i can say is its a work in progress :-D
check out www.urbanationbaby.com
contact no. +639175078862
urbanation2k4@yahoo.com  References: Turiguillano, Phoenix_Rising, jefisipbata, jmorrero, balakubak33, MarkV, Bossingboss, Bluenote, Abstract ,Micsis etc...

Offline HipHop Songs

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2011, 12:27:39 PM »
there are a lot of pinoy artists that have a soulful voice and tone.... If trained and managed well, Bugoy Drilon has the chops to do RnB. Kyla also have a soulful voice. So as Jay-R, Kris Lawrence etc.
Filipinos have a wide range of musical preference esp. nowadays. RnB is a genre known worldwide. We're ready...

http://www.music4hiphop.com/

Offline HipHop Songs

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »
I would like to agree on that one! Hehehehe.....a lot of people in the Philippines (a good number of them musicians themselves) do not know what is R&B.

Rhythm and Blues

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
Rhythm and Blues

Good thing you know, coz a lot of pros don't.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline HipHop Songs

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »
Good thing you know, coz a lot of pros don't.

yah... actually it's sad to hear... too many juan dela cruz claims they know, love, do rnb but they really don't know it's essence

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:31:39 PM by HipHop Songs »

Offline youriceness

• Netizen Level
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 08:38:52 AM »
This is RnB, and they're a great group...

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »

ayun mismo.... most of them couldn't tell what Rnb if its not Kayla, JR, or South Border..... sa lahat ng musikerong panadinig ko nito ilan lang ang naka kita ng traces ng RnB dahil "OPM pop ballad" mostly ata ang identifying style ng RnB dito atin.....

https://soundcloud.com/bone-pagligaran/super-electric-love-super
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 10:24:45 AM by erniebong »

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2013, 05:26:59 AM »
ayun mismo.... most of them couldn't tell what Rnb if its not Kayla, JR, or South Border..... sa lahat ng musikerong panadinig ko nito ilan lang ang naka kita ng traces ng RnB dahil "OPM pop ballad" mostly ata ang identifying style ng RnB dito atin.....

https://soundcloud.com/bone-pagligaran/super-electric-love-super

I am a true believer in the concept that if you want to pursue a genre and want it as your mainstay, then you should know its history from it origins.

I am very disappointed to know that many many pro musicians in the club circuit have absolutely NO CLUE what is R&B.

To them they thought the whole thing started with Brian McKnight in the 90s!

Ask them about Aretha Franklin, they will tell you, "Soul naman yun brad. Iba yun sa R&B!"

O kung hindi ba naman sila tatanga [chewbacca].

Pasensiya na kung maanghang ang salita ko. Kaya sila hindi convincing as R&B singers because wala silang pinaghuhugutan. Ang inspirasiyon nila kung sino lang yung nasa pop radio. Nakarinig lang ng Beyonce, sinipra, self proclaimed R&B singer na!

Like this very famous "punk" band from way back. Kahit anong gawin ko hindi ko magustuhan ang music nila. They tell the press they are true believers of punk rock BUT HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE SEX PISTOLS, THE CLASH, THE RAMONES, THE DAMNED, THE DEAD KENNEDYS!!!

Another one: there is this "reggae" band who keeps claiming that they are true reggae and can stand neck to neck with any Jamaican reggae band. They even dissed Papadom as pretentious!!! Yet this band as far as I know is not even familiar with Mento, Blue Beat, Rocksteady....

And yet if you look at showbands who plays R&B, ipikit mo na ang mata mo you will think it is the real deal.

Dito sa Pinas mabibilang mo sa kamay mo kung sino ang totoo at hindi mo mabibilang kung sino ang hindi...

Offline ohgravity20

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2013, 11:44:24 AM »
UP for this thread. Try listening to Thyro Aguilar - Kiss

Offline clemton

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
Up for this thread in 2014

May katotohanan ang sinabi dito na magaling tayo magsipra at tumugtog ng kahit anong kanta, pero only a few knows how to really feel it while playing. If we know how it feels, I bet we can also translate that same feeling into our own words and music.

I hope one day producers won't just settle for easy money with exploiting mass appeal and support, if not pilot, taking risks to discover/grow passionate people and ideas. Shallow music seems to be in abundance and it's what the people are constantly hearing, thus, becoming a norm. Instead cultivating music's depth and potential, sadly most choose to be shallow as long as they make a fortune out of it.

These are just my views, hoping someone else here shares them.
soundcloud.com/clemtonpena/

Offline d_one

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2014, 10:04:30 PM »
Up for this thread in 2014

May katotohanan ang sinabi dito na magaling tayo magsipra at tumugtog ng kahit anong kanta, pero only a few knows how to really feel it while playing. If we know how it feels, I bet we can also translate that same feeling into our own words and music.

I hope one day producers won't just settle for easy money with exploiting mass appeal and support, if not pilot, taking risks to discover/grow passionate people and ideas. Shallow music seems to be in abundance and it's what the people are constantly hearing, thus, becoming a norm. Instead cultivating music's depth and potential, sadly most choose to be shallow as long as they make a fortune out of it.

These are just my views, hoping someone else here shares them.

+1

Offline lope

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 08:17:00 PM »
RnB? rap na bisaya? ready na mi diri Cebu uy,  :wave:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer then open their girlfriends"

Offline CERamos

• Netizen Level
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
Buhayin natin to, hahaha
Bago man sila na-ban dahil sa controversy about sa sexual harassment, ang Jensen and the Flips ang isa sa mga bumubuhay ng RnB ng ating bansa
SUD also, kahit na parang papunta sila sa ibang direction ang magiging release ng next album nila