hulika

Author Topic: TONEPORT UX8  (Read 1720 times)

Offline s2ry0fdyr

TONEPORT UX8
« on: November 21, 2010, 06:16:17 PM »
Any Line6 Toneport UX8 users here?

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: TONEPORT UX8
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 07:32:08 PM »
I used to have one. Just sold it a while ago  :-D. Sulit na sulit. You can't go wrong with this audio interface. And the included PODFarm Platinum is a winner. Had done may project albums and daily music arrangements with this one together with SONAR.

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 01:16:41 PM »
uy nabenta na pala. kala ko sakin mapupunta ulit yan hehehe

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 12:17:31 AM »
I used to have one. Just sold it a while ago  :-D. Sulit na sulit. You can't go wrong with this audio interface. And the included PODFarm Platinum is a winner. Had done may project albums and daily music arrangements with this one together with SONAR.

sir. why did you sell it?

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 12:18:44 AM »
uy nabenta na pala. kala ko sakin mapupunta ulit yan hehehe

Hehe. Kala ko nga ikaw na e.  :-D

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 12:28:22 AM »
sir. why did you sell it?

Hindi ko na siya nagagamit eversince I shifted to Pro Tools. I have nothing against its functionalities. In fact i love that unit. And I got the PODFarm plug-in sa Pro Tools na din.

Maganda ang preamps ng UX8. Actually yung first 2 singles ng new album namin ngayon sa UX8 ko pa ginawa. And because i love what I'm hearing na during the mastering stage, I never bothered remixing it in Pro Tools na. So out of 10 tracks sa album, yung 2 was done in UX8/Sonar and the other 8 was done in DIGI003/Pro Tools. Yung 2 tracks ang napiling 1st and 2nd singles :-D.

Offline shotsofredmist

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 01:00:23 AM »
Thanks kay sir Rey, super ganda talaga ng UX8.
facebook.com/jc.gellidon
twitter.com/jcboiche
 FOR SALE:   G35 Infiniti Coupe (Message me if interested) Mercedes Benz e class w211 "SOLD"

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 01:32:52 AM »
Hindi ko na siya nagagamit eversince I shifted to Pro Tools. I have nothing against its functionalities. In fact i love that unit. And I got the PODFarm plug-in sa Pro Tools na din.

Maganda ang preamps ng UX8. Actually yung first 2 singles ng new album namin ngayon sa UX8 ko pa ginawa. And because i love what I'm hearing na during the mastering stage, I never bothered remixing it in Pro Tools na. So out of 10 tracks sa album, yung 2 was done in UX8/Sonar and the other 8 was done in DIGI003/Pro Tools. Yung 2 tracks ang napiling 1st and 2nd singles :-D.

sir did you use an outboard mic preamp and compressor when you were recording with ux8?

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »
No. I used the PODFarm Platinum's selection of preamp and compressor models. Actually lahat (vocals, bass, guitars, acoustic guitars, keyboards) direct na sa UX8 without any outboard mixers or preamps.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »
I was actually eyeing the UX8 rey posted a while back (first ad pa nya nun) unfortunately I was strapped for cash then. Tapos when he posted it again, I already ordered mine. Sayang talaga!

But I've done such extensive research coz I'm OC like that before getting something and the UX8 is definitely an underrated piece of equipment.

The converters on that thing are the ones used on the Apogee Ensemble series so for that pa lang, sulit na. Plus the fact that you get the platinum upgrade! And the preamps on that thing (hardware ha not the emulations on the pod) are really nice so I've heard and read. People have mentioned that should you decide to get an additional mic/instr pre to use with that, always go beyond the $500 mark otherwise you'll just waste your money coz the pres are that good  :-)

They give out good deals on the UX8 during handog sale you might wanna look into it or better yet order one online cheap!

Offline rrmode1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25:45 PM »
Where exactly can we buy this UX8? Tsaka magkano? :lol:

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
Line6 products are usually carried by Yupangco.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 01:53:52 PM »
No. I used the PODFarm Platinum's selection of preamp and compressor models. Actually lahat (vocals, bass, guitars, acoustic guitars, keyboards) direct na sa UX8 without any outboard mixers or preamps.

I was planning to buy an outboard mic preamp and compressor...
I dont know if it is just a waste of money or will line 6( plug-ins) do the job well..

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 11:34:08 PM »
anyone who wants to comment..

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2010, 02:55:23 AM »
^^
sorry just read your query...

Well, I'm not sure if you'll take this as it is but I did...

My friend is a sound engineer who's used to working with very expensive equipment and has mixed for various environments even for international acts and he's one of the main reasons I decided to go with the UX8.

He actually didn't bother talking about the gtr stuff modeling since Line 6 nailed that down already. He told me that the mic preamps/comps are MORE than capable and sounds really close to the real thing so it's not like it's just an "added" feature of the ux8 but a useful feature as well that's more than worth it. He even went on to say that I can just use that and people won't be able to tell the difference. I'm sure purists will comment otherwise but the point is, it has proven itself useful to someone who knows his stuff and that says a lot for me :)

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »
Hi. Can you compare this with M-Audio's Octane?

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »
the UX8 is a very different beast vs the octane if you consider the add ons.

I think both are 8 in/out interfaces but with diff brands, there are of course various design differences. The octane I've read (in their mktg brochure) that it has award winning mic preamps. But don't mistake this as a main replacement for those studio mic preamps that go for hundreds to thousands of dollars. But Like any other high spec model interface, the preamps on those are up to the task of course in doing your recording needs. The preamps we were previously discussing in the thread are the modeling preamps on the ux8 not the onboard hardware preamps. the octane has lightpipe so that's one for maudio.

Same thing with the UX8 close to features but as I mentioned before in the thread, their converters might be nicer. I'm guessing from what I've read and its added bonus is the whole pod farm platinum which comes out as a great bargain seeing that you have an interface PLUS the complete suite of line6 amps fx etc without having to buy a pod xt or something.

Where their difference lies doesn't speak for what is a better product but maybe what your needs are. I was looking for a nice line6 package with the modeling integration and the ux8 fit the bill for me in terms of features and bang for the buck but if you're just after the interface features, the octane can of course be a contender :)

Offline nolit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »
the UX8 is a very different beast vs the octane if you consider the add ons.
 The preamps we were previously discussing in the thread are the modeling preamps on the ux8 not the onboard hardware preamps. the octane has lightpipe so that's one for maudio.

Shoot ! I totally missed that. LOL.
Thanks for the info.