hulika

Author Topic: Review Po  (Read 6498 times)

Offline bananagrahamskyflakes

• Veteran Member
Re: Review Po
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 03:50:03 AM »
Kitc: not sure bout the sched pero try ko po dumaan. san po ba yun?

Starfugger: yup. ako po yan. thanks sa compliment.
about soundclick, medyo nagloloko nga ata yun, try ko i upload ulit yung kanta, or i could email you a copy, if you like. BTW, kuha ko po pm nyo kaso di ako maka reply kasi puno na daw inbox mo. about the 2nd pm, that's great, la pa kasi kami producer. thanks again.

Abyssinianson:
Thanks sa comments and suggestions. I will bring it up next time na makapagrecord(ipon muna ko ulit pera pangrecord :)).

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 05:13:40 AM »

Starfugger: yup. ako po yan. thanks sa compliment.
about soundclick, medyo nagloloko nga ata yun, try ko i upload ulit yung kanta, or i could email you a copy, if you like. BTW, kuha ko po pm nyo kaso di ako maka reply kasi puno na daw inbox mo. about the 2nd pm, that's great, la pa kasi kami producer. thanks again.

Abyssinianson:
Thanks sa comments and suggestions. I will bring it up next time na makapagrecord(ipon muna ko ulit pera pangrecord :)).

no problem. keep up the great work. the songwriting talent is there so, with the right production guidance, your songs should shine much better.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 10:35:31 AM »
nice favorable reviews  :-D

listened to songs 2 and 3.  great job!  pag nawalan kayo ng drummer sali ako sa banda mo ha.  haha, joke lang.

hehehe noted. i will resign

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »

If you know the location of BAMFx along Sto. Domingo St., That's the place. Look for BAMF's sig usually in the Gig and GC forums, BAMF details the location of PIMP studios in his sig.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2007, 12:04:37 PM »
Eto ang mga comments ko:

Delusion:

The intro lead needs to be in-tune with the whole song.  Maybe a pitch shift around +20 cents might do the job.

Send It Back:

The snare definitely needs reinforcement from the close mic.  The vocals need a tad more re-levelling and maybe a few tweaks to the reverb. 

Quitting You:

Seriously, I think this song can be the next chart -topper for weeks or even months.  The hook is instant, and the lyrics and melody is catchy.  I like the roomy-sounding drums which reminds me of Coldplay, Travis and Keane.  A few tweaks to the vocal levels might help too.

Overall, once these songs get tweaked and get mastered by a qualified professional (Sir Baldo paano ba yan?  :wink: ) he can try to do some compression on the low mids to open up the high end more.  Presence can be added by boosting the highs while maintaining transparency using a nice limiter when it hits almost 0dBFS (or in other words, "squashing the waveform" for loudness).

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 02:05:10 PM »

haha joke lang. i actually liked the drumming, mahirap mag record pag yung engineer din ang drummer e ;)
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »

haha joke. 
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

• Veteran Member

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 01:44:37 AM »
Nice song! very well done although a bit too much reverb on the drums. Dial down the reverb, especially on the kick, and the mix will clear up a lot.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 09:34:21 AM »
Thanks KitC.

Do we have a forum for music videos/music video makers?

Ever since we finished the song all I could think of is a guy singing while wearing a straight jacket, standing inside a room with padded walls.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2007, 11:31:35 AM »
We could create a thread for that (music videos).

Try getting in touch with xjepoyx. They made a music video some time ago and it was posted in youtube. Fortunately, that video does not show chito with his infamous see-thru guitar.

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2007, 11:52:09 AM »

our home made oven baked music video...
-eto ulit cya boss Kitc... pinanood ko nga ulit eh, unfortunately i was frustrated... kase di ko pa rin pala gamit dito yung transparent na guitar  :evil:

this can be one of your refference brother bananagrahamskyflakes
- adobe audition 1.5 (DAW for music recording)
- adobe priemiere (for video edditing)

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
thanks kitc. that would be great. a music video forum.

thanks chito_eoi. nice vid.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 12:38:55 PM »
i have edited POT's music video before and some of Star Records songs before when i was still working with ABSCBN.

Video production was my bread and butter before i plunged into this GASSING world of Recording.

Yeah i can definitely help out forumers and other musicians on how they will produce their own music videos
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:40:00 PM by xjepoyx »
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
xjepoyx: Cool! could you lend me a nice vid cam? :D

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2007, 12:54:46 PM »
xjepoyx: Cool! could you lend me a nice vid cam? :D

i can get you a Canon XL1S or XL2 for 6K/a day rental or a Sony VX for 7K/a day. a cameraman for 3K a day who really works for music videos :D

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 01:55:06 PM »
Ouch. mahal pala. need to save up.

Anu kaya ang mabentang gamit...

Hehe.

Tnx xjepoyx

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 12:26:45 PM »
Ouch. mahal pala. need to save up.

Anu kaya ang mabentang gamit...

Hehe.

Tnx xjepoyx

actually thats cheap na. nung time na nag wowork pa talaga ako sa  ABSCBN pag kinakapos ng camera dun ang rental pa namin ng camera eh 10-12K a day.

pero if you have any Sony camcorders... it'll do na rin. basta wag lang V8 or Hi-8, any mini-DV camera will do. kaya ng habulin sa editing yung texture ng video.

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2007, 07:44:33 PM »
Nice song! very well done although a bit too much reverb on the drums. Dial down the reverb, especially on the kick, and the mix will clear up a lot.

it was my fault  :-D i originally wanted the drums to sound tiny and far away (hence nasan ka na drums? ) for 75% of the song but i kinda liked the bonham-ish sound that came out so i stuck with it

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
it was my fault  :-D i originally wanted the drums to sound tiny and far away (hence nasan ka na drums? ) for 75% of the song but i kinda liked the bonham-ish sound that came out so i stuck with it

Personally I love how the marching band kick drum sound sticks out in the mix.  Nice peeves!