hulika

Author Topic: Anong mic ng BEHRINGER ang SHURE SM57?  (Read 8667 times)

LouieAzcona

Anong mic ng BEHRINGER ang SHURE SM57?
« on: December 02, 2007, 11:51:32 PM »
pagdating sa function, Ano po ba ang Katumbas ng SHURE SM57 sa mga Microphones ng BEHRINGER o SAMSON?

salamat!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 11:53:09 PM by LouieAzcona »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anong mic ng BEHRINGER ang SHURE SM57?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 01:43:45 AM »
Wala!

each mic make and model has their own characteristics, functionalities and purposes.

what are you gonna mike? drums? cab?
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

LouieAzcona

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 03:56:04 PM »
amp

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:47:29 PM »
amp

use whatever you have.

try every angle  on miking your amp until you get the sound you want or the best that i can give you.

Offline Thechief

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
parang wala yata katumbas ang sm57 sa behri. sa sm58 naman, kinukumpara ng marami yung behri xm8500.. nasubukan ko na yung xm8500 sa amp. hindi flat ang 
xm eh.. pero pwede na rin.. (lalo na kung wala kang ibang mic tulad ko, hehe)..

LouieAzcona

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
parang wala yata katumbas ang sm57 sa behri. sa sm58 naman, kinukumpara ng marami yung behri xm8500.. nasubukan ko na yung xm8500 sa amp. hindi flat ang 

tulad ko din. hehehe

kailangan ko kasi ng mic na pwede s snare, amps, eh alam ko dun mgaling ang SM57. eh naicp ko cheaper ang behringer kaya ko natanong.

tnx sa info bro

Offline Thechief

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 09:04:05 PM »
try mo kaya pg line ng shure pare

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »
Minsan naman talaga wala naman sa brand ng microphone yan eh. As long as it works nicely and you were able to get the sound you want to achieve lalo na home recording ka lang naman.... Yun na yun!

LouieAzcona

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 11:39:13 PM »
try mo kaya pg line ng shure pare

hindi ba pang live ang specialty ng mga PG?

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 03:45:44 PM »
hindi ba pang live ang specialty ng mga PG?

para sa mga nagtitipid!
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline killswitch

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 03:59:56 PM »
para sa mga nagtitipid!

at saka sa mga gusto ng shure na mic instead of behri......

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 04:38:58 PM »
pwede din bili ng china na shure tapos palitan mo na lang mic elements na maganda para masabing naka shure ka lang hehehe

LouieAzcona

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 06:11:38 PM »
at saka sa mga gusto ng shure na mic instead of behri......

pangit ba ng mga behringer na mics?

Offline Thechief

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 07:18:58 PM »

hindi naman.. madami gumagamit niyan.. pero kung makakscore ka ng mga shure mics, kahit second hand, mas ok.. experience ko sa behringer, mejo kelangan ng extra ingat.. di siya ganon ka-reliable.. pero ok siya hanggang gumagana siya! :-D

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 07:22:43 PM »

hindi naman, pero mas maganda ang shure at samson.  :-D
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 07:26:49 PM »
if you're really serious about the craft of recording...

dont settle for less.

do an extra effort to get funds for good equipments.

Offline compvr

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 02:58:32 PM »
tinanong ko din yan sa store na puro behringer yung products, wala pa daw silang ganun, behringer c1 cheapest nila na condenser afaik.

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.                   Doris M. Smith

------------------------ supervoodoo

Offline fnjubei

• Netizen Level
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »
mejo O.T. lang:

mas ok po ba ang Shure compared sa Sennheiser Microphones?

i am planning to acquire one kase(2nd hand), pang vocals sa live performance.

around 1.5k - 2k budget..  :-)
"Sleep all day, Frolic all night." http://frolicnight.multiply.com/

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 11:38:59 AM »
SUBJECTIVE VERSUS OBJECTIVE
If it sounds good, is it good?

Quote from: Karl Winkler
...human perception is scalable in terms of resolution. With computers and test equipment, there is a fixed level of bandwidth and resolution available.

Not so with people -- the longer someone spends exposed to something, the more resolution that person is able to afford to that experience. An analogy closer to home for us audio geeks: the person that has only used a cheap dynamic microphone for years will likely find that even the lowest-grade Chinese condenser mic sounds amazing. He will hear tons more resolution, less distortion, and better transient response.

The same person will also wonder how a Neumann mic can cost 50 times as much, and whether or not it would be possible to sound 50 times better. And in fact, upon hearing the Neumann in comparison to the cheap condenser, he will conclude that indeed, there is not really that much difference between the two.

Now take that same person five years later, after he's made several records and used a plethora of top mics of various makes. Now he should clearly be able to identify the differences between the cheap imitation and the real thing, having reached a much higher threshold of awareness between the different mics.

Offline makinao

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
Hmmm, lets see.... the sm57 is a dynamic, cardioid microphone. It is very similar to the sm58, the main difference being the shape of grille. Bruce Bartlett said "I was a microphone engineer at Shure. The SM57 and SM58 are essentially the same, except that the SM57 was intended mainly for instruments and the SM58 for vocals. The SM58 has a ball grille that acts as a pop filter. The two mics have the same proximity effect at the same miking distance. Because of its smaller grille, the SM57 lets you get closer to it for more bass boost. But if you are 2 inches from the diaphragm in either mic, they have the same bass boost.They have a slightly different response at high frequencies because of the acoustical effects of the different grilles." http://homerecording.com/bbs/archive/index.php/t-12391.html

Behringer and Samson don't have a microphone with a grille similar to the sm57. But they do have one that looks like the sm58. These are the Samson q7 and the Behringer xm8500. But this is where the similarity to the sm58 ends. The materials, frequency response, proximity effect, and price are all different.

Most pros will choose the sm58 (or the sm57) over the other two pretenders because 1) it has  been around for so long that they can readily predict how it will respond in a specific application, 2) it has proven to be VERY durable and dependable, and 3) it is one of the most affordable professional dynamic vocal mics. This is why most people here would recommend you opt for a real sm58 instead of taking your chances on something cheaper from Behringer or Samson, or even the bargain-basement Shure pg58. $100 is a bargain considering what you are getting.  Provided you don't get a lemon, and with "proper" care, an sm58 will probably outlive all the rest of your audio devices. And if any of your children ever get involved in music or recording, they will be only too happy to inherit it from you. Now that's a good investment!

p.s. Other classic dynamic mics which I would be only too happy to inherit would be a Sennheiser 421 and an Electro-Voice re20.  Now all I have to do is look for a rich audio fanatic with one of them, and get myself a fake birth certificate :-)

Come to think of it, that would be a nice thread: "classic stuff I'd love to inherit".

Offline fnjubei

• Netizen Level
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »
huhuhu... bkt nde nasasama sa mga comparison yung sennhieser microhpones like the evolution 825s, evolution 835s... yun kc bibilhin ko eh..  :oops:
"Sleep all day, Frolic all night." http://frolicnight.multiply.com/

Offline jplacson

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »
mejo O.T. lang:

mas ok po ba ang Shure compared sa Sennheiser Microphones?

i am planning to acquire one kase(2nd hand), pang vocals sa live performance.

around 1.5k - 2k budget..  :-)

Model is a bit more important than brand to me... brand-wise, I'd prefer Sennheiser... but if you're talking about a Sennheiser 800... vs... say a Shure KSM... medyo... malayo yung KSM. (Not a great analogy, but you get my point)

What specific models are you looking at?  At that price range, brand-new... I'd go for a Shure PG series mic instead.  They're very durable, and predictable in a mix and blend fairly well with their bigger Shure SM brothers (albeit weaker) in a live setting.
DOPPLER AUDIO

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 04:33:51 PM »

isn't the sm57 just an sm58 without the windscreen?

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline Thechief

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 08:36:39 PM »
isn't the sm57 just an sm58 without the windscreen?

:-) :-) :-)

yup yup yup.. pero pang amp micing yun gagamitan niya.. so kaya yata sm57 prototype ang hinanahap.. :-D

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 09:07:06 PM »
I wouldn't say that the -57 is strictly for amp miking. Look closely at most US president's podium when they give a speech and you will find a -57 there, mostly because the lack of a windscreen makes it look inconspicuous. I guess the reason it gets used more with amps is exactly due to the lack of the windscreen thereby allowing the user to stick the mike really close to an amp's grill. There are some artists who track their vocals with a -57 (which uses the same capsule as the -58), although I imagine these artists have excellent mic technique that helps them avoid plosives.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire