hulika

Author Topic: Avid Announces Agreement to Acquire Euphonix  (Read 1381 times)

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
Avid Announces Agreement to Acquire Euphonix
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:52:42 AM »
Please read here:

http://www.avid.com/US/press-room/Avid-Announces-Agreement-to-Acquire-Euphonix

This is a part of Digidesign's future!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:04:44 AM by abusound »

Offline mbenipayo

Re: Avid Announces Agreement to Acquire Euphonix
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:15:57 AM »

Solid!
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline RATBUMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
Bad news for Logic users like me.  Once logic has a new upgrade it would take forever to ( or never) get an update for my MC Controller! I can’t see avid helping people with Logic systems
(or any other DAW aside from PT) . Euphonix would be designed for Pro Tools users only. Apple needs to come up with a new hardware controller. I guess there goes my controller. Let's see what happens.  Anybody out there looking to buy an MC Controller???
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:31:45 PM by RATBUMAN »

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »
Bad news for Logic users like me.  Once logic has a new upgrade it would take forever to ( or never) get an update for my MC Controller! I can’t see avid helping people with Logic systems
(or any other DAW aside from PT) . Euphonix would be designed for Pro Tools users only. Apple needs to come up with a new hardware controller. I guess there goes my controller. Let's see what happens.  Anybody out there looking to buy an MC Controller???

I wouldn't worry that much. You see, we are now geared towards a more open ecosystem and it's things like this which would prove our commitment in building such an ecosystem.

Just like my previous post, there's a lot of things to look out for 2010. This is only the beginning.

Cheers!

Offline RATBUMAN

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:00:27 PM »
Hopefully you are right.

I still have to keep my fingers crossed as Apple ( i.e. Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro) is a direct competitor of  Avid ( i.e. Avid DS, Media composer and Pro Tools).

Any news about Apogee teaming up with Avid? I hope not or else there goes my studio system.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:08:11 PM by RATBUMAN »

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 05:14:52 AM »
Hopefully you are right.

I still have to keep my fingers crossed as Apple ( i.e. Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro) is a direct competitor of  Avid ( i.e. Avid DS, Media composer and Pro Tools).

Any news about Apogee teaming up with Avid? I hope not or else there goes my studio system.

Doubt it. Apogee has its own following and is strong enough in its clientele (PC and Mac) to be able to keep a profitable position by keeping the company's toes dipped in both platforms. Besides, I can't see Apogee gaining anything big by merging with Avid because they already have distribution and a reputable name within studio circles. But, hey, who knows what the bigwigs think?

As far as open ecosystems, I'd be wary of that frame of mind because it was exactly what most people thought when they thought EMagic would maintain support for its Logic PC users for the long haul then - BAM - Logic went full Mac. I wasn't affected because I'd already been a Steinberg and Digidesign user for years but I knew some folks in the studio community that was left salty as hell as a result of the deal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:24:00 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »
I would say that we are really on the road to a true open ecosystem. All our softwares runs on Mac and Windows with some of our video products even running on linux. Our video products are now running on 3rd party hardware such as AJA and Matrox as in the case of Media Composer and DS. Media Composer now allows you to edit Quicktime files NATIVELY. We support Final Cut Pro on our UNITY ISIS Shared storage system whereas Apple won't even allow Pro Tools to stream files directly from their servers. LE and M-Audio interfaces continues and will continue to support 3rd party applications. We even created a guitar interface that can be used as a stand alone effects processor. How open can you go with a standalone box?

Again, I strongly suggest not to worry about all of this but rather welcome this as a perfect move towards a bright future.

Here's the video link for the NAB announcement: http://www.livestream.com/avid

More to come in 2010.

Cheers!

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
PT LE and Euphonix at NAB

Offline abusound

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »