hulika

Author Topic: tanong lang about sa amplifiers  (Read 7249 times)

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
tanong lang about sa amplifiers
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2006, 07:04:11 AM »
I cannot tell the difference between a 37 watt amp from a 55 watt amp and yet you guys here can tell the difference.  The point is that it is not in the wattage that determines the amp's sound.  The 37 watt amp I mentioned is a Divided by 13 FTR37 and the 55 watt amp I mentioned is a Germino Lead 55 both of different design and sound.

Ag3nt,

Yeah really?  Better bring your amp.  What amp is it?  Saan mo gusto?  We can set it up in the Exile warehouse.  Anyway, may utang pa akong amp shoot out sa kanila.  I will invite some musicians and guitar and amp collectors.  You play on your amp and then get a choice and chance to play the boutique amps.  Let us judge where you sound better.  Anyway, claim mo that you will sound great on your amp, prove it.

Offline markflo

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2006, 07:06:13 AM »
may i suggest an ear lavage then? :)

Quote from: oasgomez
I cannot tell the difference between a 37 watt amp from a 55 watt amp and yet you guys here can tell the difference.  The point is that it is not in the wattage that determines the amp's sound.  The 37 watt amp I mentioned is a Divided by 13 FTR37 and the 55 watt amp I mentioned is a Germino Lead 55 both of different design and sound.

Ag3nt,

Yeah really?  Better bring your amp.  What amp is it?  Saan mo gusto?  We can set it up in the Exile warehouse.  Anyway, may utang pa akong amp shoot out sa kanila.  I will invite some musicians and guitar and amp collectors.  You play on your amp and then get a choice and chance to play the boutique amps.  Let us judge where you sound better.  Anyway, claim mo that you will sound great on your amp, prove it.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline markflo

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2006, 07:13:16 AM »
an amp with less wattage will break up earlier in the dial than an amp with more wattage...soooooo....when you're playing live...kahit seemingly parehas ang perceived volume ng 35 at 55...mas maaga parin magbebreak up yung 35...

so...back to the original question...how loud is loud enough for jamming? well...most people would go with the higher wattage amp because it gives out more clean (headroom)...this can be viewed as more versatility...sooo...we go with more versatility...coz that's a good thing :)..coz we can use pedals and [gooey brown stuff]...better than an amp that'll distort easily...slam a booster in front of it and it'll just mush up...

oas, why you gonna make ag3nt try an amp he can't have? it's useless...

i think the better showdown would be...

ag3nt and his amp....and you and your amp...

then the rest of us can sit and watch while eating cheese popcorn... :)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2006, 07:21:37 AM »
Quote from: abyssinianson
i can only imagine what a Legacy sounds cranked! Pure Vai ata no? I always loved Vai's tone through the Legacy amps...very very fluid and strong even though there is not much gain driving his playing.
yep.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Ag3nt

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2006, 08:39:32 AM »
hindi mo rin pala alam difference eh, bakit mo tinatanong sa kin? para magka-idea ka?  :lol: sabi ko sa yo nakakatawa ka na eh.

simple lang ang amp ko, di ako kasing-yaman mo eh, wala akong herbert bautista, marshall lang ang kaya kong bilhin. exile warehouse? magcoconcert ba tayo? jam lang di ba? tsaka why invite amp collectors? topic here is sounding good.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 05:19:30 AM »
tama na yang kaguluhan na yan!!! get a crate power block portability wise and its loud enough to gig kaso solidstate... kaya bilin nyo na yung power block na binebenta ko hahahaha....( palatastas muna )...

syado na kayong mainit yung tube sa utak nyo nag wiwild nah un plug nyo muna ba ka sumabog.....
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 05:56:06 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez

Ag3nt,

hmm medyo agree na rin ako sa yo Sir OAS about the difference in perceived output between a 37 and 55 watt amps..medyo mahirap nga yun kasi napakalapit, headroom na lang nagkakatalo tsaka tenga....but like i said in my earlier post, you can tell the difference kung 10w and a 50 watter...and i'd be disappointed sa ears mo if you cant.

about the amp hamunan!  i-webcast nyo naman yan kung matutuloy!!!

Markflo, sagot ko na popcorn at cheese... isesend ko na lng sa yahoo messenger!