hulika

Author Topic: RIVERMAYA:for disqualification?  (Read 6811 times)

Offline little susie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
RIVERMAYA:for disqualification?
« on: October 08, 2000, 01:44:43 AM »
There's been rumors that Rivermaya will be disqualified due to the album's not getting aired over the radio.
Their former recording company have complained for this citation.  I DON'T KNOW but, I find it unfair!
They don't need to be disqualified!  After all, musicians are responsible for the music and not the recording company.  If it weren't for these musicians, where will music come from ?
:p

Offline Cala

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2000, 04:54:20 AM »
disqualified from what?  it can't be the NU Rock Awards since NU has been playing "Faithless."

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2000, 02:17:24 PM »
Quote from: little susie
There's been rumors that Rivermaya will be disqualified due to the album's not getting aired over the radio.
Their former recording company have complained for this citation.  I DON'T KNOW but, I find it unfair!

That's the rumor that's been floated around, but as far as we know (and PhilMusic.com handles the online voting system for the NU RockAwards) - Rivermaya is very much in the running and is not at all disqualified for the NU Rock Awards - at least that is if you are referring to these particular awards!

Offline little susie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2000, 03:25:21 PM »
Quote from: Cala
it can't be the NU Rock Awards since NU has been playing "Faithless."

Well, I voted for Rivermaya (actually in almost all).  I find their music and style very unique and entertaining.  The disqualification rumors has been said to be done by their former recording company.  Their former Record label has been doing something to prevent Rivermaya from setting a new trend in the music industry.  For sure, their former record label have these fears of losing the benefits they could get from the pitty musicians, whom they had taken for granted.  
This must be a lesson to them!

Offline little susie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2000, 03:31:52 PM »
In addition:  I think the former label have been doing some kind of a petition since Rivermaya's can't be played on-air by other radio stations except from NU.  But, I don't know how they do it.  Maybe because, they have the name, the power and the money!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2000, 04:32:40 PM »
Quote from: little susie
In addition:  I think the former label have been doing some kind of a petition since Rivermaya's can't be played on-air by other radio stations except from NU.  But, I don't know how they do it.  Maybe because, they have the name, the power and the money!  

It's more like plain ol' influence. Rivermaya we hear has been banned from at least one radio station, DWTM.

Offline polmags

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2000, 10:58:21 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika

It's more like plain ol' influence. Rivermaya we hear has been banned from at least one radio station, DWTM.

I think RiverMaya was not banned from 89.9 DWTM at all. It's just that their supposed-to-be guesting at the station's "Tunog Kalye", the weekly show where musical artists do their thing, live in the station. For the exact posting of co-manager Ms.Lizza G. Nakpil, follow <A HREF="http://www.egroups.com/message/rivermaya/10214"> this link to the Ground</A>.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2000, 03:00:44 AM »
More like the new album is banned under BMG persuasion, Polmags. Do you hear any single being played on say DWTM or RX 93.1?

Offline little susie

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2000, 01:34:31 AM »
NO

Offline Pinoyexchange

• Philmusicus Noobitus
DWTM and RX
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2000, 12:49:51 PM »
Maybe it's because the band's sound doesn't fit in with the rest of DWTM and RX's playlists, but I'm not sure.

Offline Cala

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: DWTM and RX
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2000, 01:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Pinoyexchange
Maybe it's because the band's sound doesn't fit in with the rest of DWTM and RX's playlists, but I'm not sure.

i seriously doubt that wouild be the reason.

Anonymous

Re: DWTM and RX
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2000, 10:07:04 PM »
Quote from: Pinoyexchange

Nice try Einstein, maybe all those Rivermaya Tunog Kalye and RX Concert Series guestings in the past were figments of someone's imagination.