hulika

Author Topic: Additional Threads/Boards General Suggestion Thread *merged*  (Read 155021 times)

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
How About A Moderator Action Thread?
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 12:04:02 PM »
I don't get what you mean though - do you have a link to a thread like that on another board we can take a look at?  :-k

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2006, 06:02:07 PM »
here it is...

http://www.philmug.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=8689&highlight=moderator+actions

i dunno if you're gonna be able to view it though, because it is a members only forum. tell me na lang if you're unablt to view the thread, i'll try to grab snapshots of the thread instead.

thanks pinoymusika!

Offline tumorwarrior

• Veteran Member
Bashing thread anyone?
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2006, 09:34:37 AM »
how about a bashing forum/thread? tutal from time to time nagkakainitan sa ibang forums di ba? para hindi naman ma hi-jack yung mga productive and educational threads, pag may nag away na, itapon dito (bashing thread) yung mga posts nila para kung gusto nila magpatuloy, problema na nila yun. :D pwede kaya yung ganun?
FOR SALE: PSE MILLENNIUM V5 COMPOUND BOW <br />50lbs draw weight/ 27" draw legnth (+/-2")<br />complete with sight, center stab, dampers, carter triger, Easton X10 Arrows, bow case<br />40K lang san ka pa. Pm me for contact details

Offline againsti

• Philmusicus Noobitus
duuuhhh
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2006, 07:39:56 PM »
pwede ba yung trading/swapping sa buy and sell: music marketplace? kung hindi, maganda siguro kung pwede diba?

okey yung electronica forum, ewan ko lang kung bakit wala kibo.... maybe it needs more time lang. pero sigurado rin mauuso yan!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Bashing thread anyone?
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2006, 02:02:57 AM »
I'm mulling over your idea. There seems to be a resurgence in warfreak behavior among some forum denizens that I'm beginning to think is counter productive to the objectives of this message board (supposedly the friendly exchange of musician-oriented info). Maybe these bozos just need to count to ten before they start flaming other users. Any other ideas to reign in these hooligans would most appreciated.

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Bashing thread anyone?
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2006, 07:37:26 AM »
swear word filters..

like when someone say "you suck!" it shows up as.. well use your imagination! hehehe :lol:

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
Bashing thread anyone?
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2006, 07:58:55 AM »
Silent mode?
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2006, 03:03:11 AM »
WTF!  NAZI mods!  Kakatakot!

Anyway, ok yang suggestion ni Kulas lalo na kung malaki at mabigat yung mga dahilan kung bakit nag-move-in yung mods sa mga accounts, threads, etc.  

Pero sana hindi tayo matulad don sa philmug...

Offline FullofEbak

Suggestions: New Forums, Old Forums
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2006, 03:19:10 AM »
songwriting/ arranging forum. / i agree with prog pilipinas - artist appreciation and song appreciation forum.

Offline FullofEbak

Bashing thread anyone?
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2006, 04:34:24 PM »
how about criticism forum. its easy to say you suck but its fair to say why you suck. if someone can have all these opinions about something, its fair if he or she has an open mind and can back up their argument. in the end, everyone could learn on why a band or why a song sucks or is good. and be a better musician not to repeat those mistakes,

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Bashing thread anyone?
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2006, 12:29:29 PM »
How about warning them? May certain degree or scale tapos may equivalent reprimand. Tapos ilagay na lang yung ipinost nila dun nga sa bashing thread pero locked out sila for a certain period of time for discipline. I dunno if that's possible since we're practically many here in the community. (And still increasing.  :D )

On the other hand, if the person had enough moral sense he shouldn't speak with hostility on impulse and instead take his time to air his anger in a tasteful manner. Better yet, keep calm. Do yoga, maybe.  :D
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro

Offline frogfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
How About a Brass and Woodwinds Forum?
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2006, 12:36:31 PM »
Let the horn players be heard? Also, how about string players (violins, cello)? Philmusic must have them, too. I'm not sure if a Keyboard/Piano thread has been set up.  :D
"Competition is for horses, not artists." - Bela Bartok

"I don’t like to look back, because the whole point in jazz is doing it now." - Scott LaFaro

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Suggestions: New Forums, Old Forums
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2006, 12:34:33 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Guys,
I'm thinking of killing some low-traffic forums to make way for new ones. I'm not keen on running a board with too many sections, I'd rather delete some that don't have much interest anyway. Here are the candidates for deletion, comments are welcome!

1. Fashion, Beauty, Fitness, and Health ... leftover from the first incarnation of this board, it never really caught on.

2. Food Trip Forum ... not too many foodies in this neck o' the woods, unfortunately.

3. Pinoy HipHop - again, not too much interest... seems everyone prefers rock, blues, jazz, pop - not too many Yo Yo wassup dawgs in this place...

4. Dance and Electronica - again, a real snoozer. Where did all the electronic music fans go? Not on this board apparently.

Old forums I am thinking of reviving under the "anything goes" category - since music gearheads (which form the core audience of Talk@PhilMusic) like gear and technology anyway...

- Personal Technology (gadgets)
- PC Tech (hardware, laptops, mods, etc)

Your comments and suggestions are welcome    =D>

Sir, nice forum.. sa Hip-hop forum ok din yun para yun mga hindi mahihilig sa rock maka relate din sa forum na yun.. more powers sa philmusic!
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2006, 04:20:40 PM »
how bout a "terminology" thread sa bawat forum? (instruments, genre)
para mas madali at hindi na magtatanong ang mga newbies.

- a trashcan forum (all nonsense topics will me moved there)
- stricter rules..

Offline TheEdge

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2006, 09:17:11 AM »
hmmm how about adding users gallery? like install ng coppermine free naman yun sakto ba sa phpBB :D
You won't get what you expect, You get what you deserve

Offline ultimatekeys

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Boy Katindig
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2006, 02:53:20 AM »
Be cool to invite this artist for a forum here, since I heard he is Pinoy too. Next to Bobby Enriquez, I believe, he's one of the most popular here in the U.S. Saw him with Eric Marienthal in Norfolk, Virginia. Smokin'! Been to his cd page lately at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/katindig. There are links to his webpage and here's his email: boykatindig@boykatindig.com
Try it out..

Quote from: pinoymusika
Back in the early days of the board, there were a couple of foums here no longer existing - one for keyboard players, and one about jazz. (Strangely enough it seems that the two go together). They got very little traffic back then (of course at the time, most visitors who surfed by would rather hang out in the Sex and Relationships area and not even discuss music!).

So when I reorganized the board and trimmed the topics, I retained only those topics that I thought would sustain the most interest.

Nowadays things are different, there are a lot more musicians and "serious" music fans on the board. Maybe the time is ripe to bring back

a) a Keyboardists forum
and
b) a Jazz or PinoyJazz forum

As an occassional keyboard player myself and a lifelong jazz fan, I would love to have both. Maybe then we can have some decent Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, or even Boy Katindig threads going. But I'd like to see first if there's any interest.

So I'll open the floor to votes: if either area gets at least four votes, then I'll create 'em. What do you think?

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
No forum for keyboardists?
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2006, 06:55:40 PM »
This thread is way out of date, there's already a jazz forum and a keyboard forum :)

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Old skul Musicians
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 08:54:52 PM »
 ;D Sana merong forum para sa mga "antigong musikero"....Para sa mga musikero nung panahon ng "Rock Ola" ,"Twisted Red Cross","Katrinas" hanggang sa "Club Dredd" at "Mayrics"
Isang forum na matatambayan ng mga "Kuya at Ate", "Uncle at Auntie"...nila "ermats at erpats"..... kung saan mag s-share ng kani-kanilang 'alamat',....o kahit ano!
...........dyahi kasi makipag kulitan sa forum kung tatawagin ka nilang "Sir" o "Ma'am", "po at opo"
.....wala din namang ibang makwento kung wala ka na sa scene e......hirap maka-relate.......
........nostalgia na siguro 'to.....
........asan na kaya sila...
.......wala pang MRT at mobile phone noon e....
.......at kasing laki pa ng refrigirator ang computer na ginagamit nila Batman & Robin nun!....
....tsk!
So Be It.

Chito

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2006, 11:50:43 PM »
What about a separate forum for gigging/performing musicians? Something for what Pallas mentioned "How to get your band signed or how to do it all by yourself. Promoting your band and all that stuff ". Or anything that has to do with "band" matters.  It's like Harmony Central's "Backstage With the Band" or the Fender Forums "Performer's Forum".

Offline Agent_So

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2006, 12:48:36 AM »
i suggest na gawing orange yung notification kapag may new post sa isang room.. katulad ng dati.. and dapat highlighted din yung mga new post.. kasi sa new room wala na sya. hirap tuloy malaman kung anung thread ang may bagong post..
Solemn Harmony Studio
Blk-1, Lot-7, Diamond St., Silverhomes Classic, Perpetual Village 7, Bacoor, Cavite. CELL: 0915-492-2800 (Premier,Peavey,Hartke,Mackie,JBL,Shure,DBX,Zoom)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2006, 02:20:58 AM »
Simplemachines ? Hmmm...the owner is a Stuart or Stewart...something. Yeah I was on two of his active forums before. Never thought his stuff would get out of the "just between us boys" stage, but I'm happy for him it did !
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Jim Ayson

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2006, 08:00:37 PM »
i suggest na gawing orange yung notification kapag may new post sa isang room.. katulad ng dati.. and dapat highlighted din yung mga new post.. kasi sa new room wala na sya. hirap tuloy malaman kung anung thread ang may bagong post..

Look for the tell-tale little blue "new" sign! That means that the thread contains new posts.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2006, 09:07:44 PM »
Hey Jim, how about a preview function like what they have in pearldrummersforum.com, where the first few lines of a thread is displayed when you hover your pointer over the link for a bit?
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline Jim Ayson

Re: Old skul Musicians
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »
In other words, an oldies musicians forum? I don't think we need it. Once we start segregrating the 80's musicians and 80s-centric experiences, we'll need a place for the musicians from the 90's, 70's, 60's, 50's and so forth. Right now you'll find musicians from all generations and eras in the musician forums. Which is how it should be. If you want to start an 80's thread anywhere, that's fine, but there's no need for a separate forum.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:38:41 PM by JimAyson »
Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pinoy Rock genre sub-forums
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »
I was wondering if we could make some other forums like the ska/reggae forum. Something for each major genre, like metal, punk, rock, pop-punk/emo, or even jrock; whatever genres seem broad enough to deserve a seperate forum.

and if there's a punk rock forum, i call moderator!  :-D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 12:02:57 PM by ioffendpeople »