The Music Forums > Free-for-all Artists forum

IV of Spades anyone?

<< < (2/14) > >>

robinonibor:
few cents..

I think pasok din kasi sa panlasa ng generation ng teens ngayon yung tunog bandang yan..
the hippy teens. tignan nyo kung pano manamit, mga trip at music of this generation.
they pulled it out straight from 80s-early 2000 era and with a slight touch of modern stuff.

they simply sound like the smiths without brit accent plus more guitar riffs.

I don't like them nor hate them. It's okay pra saken. but not this opm savior. there are tons of good opm artists better than them. meron lang siguro tayong kanya kanyang sukatan.

yeney_mugc:
Yeah not opm savior pero may distinct sound sila, lalo na ung mga firsts nilang nirelease

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Kennyadry:
I guess it all boils down sa definition ng OPM savior.

For me, it's definition is that anyone who could bring back the attention of the Filipino mass back to the original filipino music, not through any other means (i.e artista, or pogi) but through music ability and compositions. This is my personal measurement.

Ralph_Petrucci:

--- Quote from: Kennyadry on April 03, 2019, 11:27:16 AM ---Very good point.

You may also add to it that their parents may have some connections...(Especially that when you add to the fact that both Zild and Blaster fought for the finals of the EB's Music Hero, can't help but wonder why these two went all the way to the ultimate final showdown without any connection help at all)

You may reject to the idea that they are the savior, probably because of their pogi thing...

But I can say "I can accept them if they will be called the savior of the OPM in "today's" generation."

The reason for that is,...They have the "skill" and "talent"...

Yes they are pogi,.....pero kung kapogian lang ang naging dahilan ng pag sikat nila, makakapamura na talaga ako sa industriya ng musika sa Pilipinas...

Atleast, they are really good. These guys (as a band) can really play and make a good music to my ears, not someone like Daniel Padilla, or even Juan Karlos...

I seldom listen to any radio stations, but I heard their song (Mundo) for the first time when I rode a taxi on my way home...I thought, woah, these guys can play...didn't knew their band name yet...

Then later I just forgot that song, until one of my church mate played the guitar riff of that song and I said, wait a minute that sounds familiar, who's the artist? Then there you go...

Searched it on youtube and yes, I was a little surprised at how popular they are , but what was more shocking is how young they are but playing a genre that a certain people who lived through the 70s, 80s, and 90s can certainly appreciate.

So I guess, I can accept it, if people would label them as the "savior" of the OPM. I think I would.

If teens idolized them because of their kapogians, at least, they idolized pogis with real talents...not just some random pogis.

--- End quote ---

first of all papsi, pwede tayo mag tagalog dito. nakakawalang credibility kasi pag off tayo sa balarila or grammar.
FYI, IVOS was a front act for our bands video launch gig. back then, hindi ganito ang genre nila. they were more hard rock. they weren't a house hold name.

pano naging ganito tunog nila? thank the producer.
the producer called for the change of direction, and it paid off.

on the other hand, hold up, you like IVOS because they are skilled, but don't like Juan Karlos because...?
objectively speaking kasi they are both at par in terms of skill. IMHO.

also, people are not labeling them as the savior of OPM, you are, in your above first post in this thread :)
my point is, yeah, IVOS is pretty good I guess, but to call them saviors of OPM is a bit of a stretch.
it's an insult to the folks putting in the work but just can't get a break because they don't have the right connections, or worse, the right "packaging" or looks.

--- Quote from: robinonibor on April 03, 2019, 01:19:06 PM ---few cents..

I think pasok din kasi sa panlasa ng generation ng teens ngayon yung tunog bandang yan..
the hippy teens. tignan nyo kung pano manamit, mga trip at music of this generation.
they pulled it out straight from 80s-early 2000 era and with a slight touch of modern stuff.

they simply sound like the smiths without brit accent plus more guitar riffs.

I don't like them nor hate them. It's okay pra saken. but not this opm savior. there are tons of good opm artists better than them. meron lang siguro tayong kanya kanyang sukatan.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: yeney_mugc on April 03, 2019, 01:25:28 PM ---Yeah not opm savior pero may distinct sound sila, lalo na ung mga firsts nilang nirelease

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

exactly. they sound good, but saviors? kamown man. get off the pipe hahaha
sabagay, nung 2000's din naman, callalily naman siguro ang savior of OPM for the kids at that time hahahaha

Ralph_Petrucci:

--- Quote from: Kennyadry on April 03, 2019, 01:50:40 PM ---I guess it all boils down sa definition ng OPM savior.

For me, it's definition is that anyone who could bring back the attention of the Filipino mass back to the original filipino music, not through any other means (i.e artista, or pogi) but through music ability and compositions. This is my personal measurement.

--- End quote ---

eh di OPM Savior din for you ang fliptop kung ganon ang definition mo?
kasi pinasikat nila ulit yung dying genre of OPM hip hop eh.

eto talaga wala connection. walang mama and papa na nasa music scene. viral lang sa YT.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version