hulika

Author Topic: rock genre  (Read 3504 times)

Offline wurm

• Veteran Member
rock genre
« on: December 26, 2002, 02:28:28 AM »
i think hindi  n masyadong ginagamit ang term n "rock" most of the time they're using the word "alternative"...
"St. Anger 'round my neck.He never gets respect.
F*ck it all & f*ckin' no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets. Medallion Noose,I hang myself. St. Anger 'round my neck.  I feel my world shake like an ea

Offline isis

rock genre
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 09:13:24 PM »
this has been puzzling me for a long time now ... what exactly is the difference between "alternative" and rock?:rolleyes:
i'm not crazy. the rest of the world is.

Offline wurm

• Veteran Member
rock genre
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 08:30:35 AM »
i think for me it's a same thing. kc pinaganda lang  name eh.

but the music is still there...
"St. Anger 'round my neck.He never gets respect.
F*ck it all & f*ckin' no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets. Medallion Noose,I hang myself. St. Anger 'round my neck.  I feel my world shake like an ea

Offline x_kolehiyala

rock genre
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 08:20:10 PM »
sabi magkaiba daw
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Bangs, Almost Famous

Offline levitate

rock genre
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 10:48:01 AM »
oo nga no......may alternative na heavy ang tunog...may rock na alternative ang tunog... :shock:

Offline adok

rock genre
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 12:06:19 AM »
actually, alternative is a sub-genre of rock, itz actually alternative rock....and as you probably know there are many genres of rock( i.e. punk rock, progressive rock, glam rock, etc.) the thing is bands tend to get classified into genres rather then the music(song) in question, which is why heavey songs are classified as alternative and vice-versa. what makes it difficult to classify alternative really is that alternative rock doesnt really have the distinctiveness of other genres like glam rock or death metal, it has always been more of a generalization of anything which is not mainstream.

Offline slave_unit

rock genre
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 03:01:10 PM »
Quote from: isis
this has been puzzling me for a long time now ... what exactly is the difference between "alternative" and rock?:rolleyes:

Ispiling?  hehe.
..and when they come, we'll make great pets.

http://flickr.com/photos/gracinhamarco/

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
rock genre
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »
i think there's really no comparison. from what i understand, alternative is a term for just about any music not really following the trends of mainstream. so, boxing alternative within the rock genre is severely limiting.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
rock genre
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 01:07:37 PM »
Quote from: adok
actually, alternative is a sub-genre of rock, itz actually alternative rock....and as you probably know there are many genres of rock( i.e. punk rock, progressive rock, glam rock, etc.) the thing is bands tend to get classified into genres rather then the music(song) in question, which is why heavey songs are classified as alternative and vice-versa. what makes it difficult to classify alternative really is that alternative rock doesnt really have the distinctiveness of other genres like glam rock or death metal, it has always been more of a generalization of anything which is not mainstream.

galeng.. :twisted: