hulika

Author Topic: PM Tablet Users Thread - iPad, Galaxy Tab, PlayBook, Surface and the Clones!  (Read 35242 times)

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
At last! Apple unveiled the iPad 2!

Altho the redesign was awesome I was kinda disappointed when they did not include a "built-in SD Card reader" as the recent rumors said, specially when they integrated a tablet version of their famous iMovie and Garageband softwares that will surely make photographers, videographers and musicians like us jump with joy but will surely feel "bitin" because we still have to use proprietary add-ons like "Apple Camera Connection Kit" (which I already have heheh).  :-D

here it is..

As you can see it has a flatter back now and sharp edges that eliminated the "sides" (you can almost see all physical buttons by solely looking at the back), the speakers was redesigned and realigned to the lower back with a frequency response of 20Hz to 20,000Hz and user configurable maximum volume output -- they redesigned this probably to go by using the built-in Garageband app with or without studio monitor headphones.

The processing power was also upgraded with the now dual-core Apple A5 chip (still at 1GHZ tho) that also perform tremendously without sipping a lot of juice thats why the iPad 2 retained the same 10-Hour continuous operation as same as its earlier iteration -- with almost a month in standby mode.  :evil:

Still with the same 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi) in 9.7 inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display, I was not surprised that they did not pushed-through with the rumored retina-display for it as the original iPad itself performed extremely well resolution-wise so there is no point to re-enhance it as its already "big"

The obvious upgrade is the dual camera as it is now a standard among other competing tablet devices thus apple introduced it to the iPad 2 to be used specifically on the "facetime" and "photo booth" apps, the front camera is VGA with video recording up to 30 frames per second with audio also VGA-quality still camera photo exposures (same as the iPhone 4), the back camera is in HD when recording videos (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio with 5x digital zoom. -- altho I dont find it really appropriate to record video and take photographs with a gargantuan tablet.. the front facing camera is more logical for video conferences and meeting thru facetime.

Overall the iPad 2 is a major update of its line and tho without major disappointments in my part as the one I am really looking forward to with it did not materialize.. and for me it is the most important thing that I will use it to.. the built-in SD Card reader, we know apple has reasons for not including it but it would really maximize the use of the iPad 2.

The price they said is still the same, but I dont know here in the Philippines.. release date will be this March (US) and early next month (EU-Asia)  :-D

will I buy it? -- definitely!!  8-)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 11:52:45 AM by rockophoria »
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline arpeggiosfromheaven

• Forum Fanatic
^ah sir, magkano po kaya price nyan.

anyway tanong na din ako sir mga magkano po ipad ngaun?
plan po bumili ng mom ko thnaks.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
^ mga 22/23 yung lowest end na iPad 1 dito :-)

For sure, aabot din ng ganyan yung bagong iPad after some months. Pero sigurado rin na gagawing overpriced nung mga first few sellers. Your call if you wanna wait for the iPad 2, lalo na kung lalabas na halos same price :-D or baka magmura pa yung iPad 1.. win win either way.

Won't be upgrading sa 2 (although oks sa akin yung mirroring sana. ganda for presentation, basta may mahabang cable).

May rumors na for a next iPad! Some say sometime fall this year, para maging synced na yung karamihan nung product releases nila. And slightly ot - new iphones daw this summer (rumors din).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:06:16 PM by teleclem »

• Forum Fanatic
^ mga 22/23 yung lowest end na iPad 1 dito :-)

For sure, aabot din ng ganyan yung bagong iPad after some months. Pero sigurado rin na gagawing overpriced nung mga first few sellers. Your call if you wanna wait for the iPad 2, lalo na kung lalabas na halos same price :-D or baka magmura pa yung iPad 1.. win win either way.

Won't be upgrading sa 2 (although oks sa akin yung mirroring sana. ganda for presentation, basta may mahabang cable).

May rumors na for a next iPad! Some say sometime fall this year, para maging synced na yung karamihan nung product releases nila. And slightly ot - new iphones daw this summer (rumors din).

sir teleclem salamat po. :D
siguro I will tell my mom na wait namin yung ipad 2 para makamura kami. hehe.
gusto ng mom ko brand new, magkano brand new sa talagang bilihan ng apple products?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 12:04:55 AM by arpeggiosfromheaven »

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
the lowest iPad (16GB, WiFi only) is now P19,990 at Apple Stores nationwide to make way for the eventual release of the iPad 2 here in the Philippines. :) check out http://store.apple.com/ph

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
minimum for price ng ipad 2 sa US $500.
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"

• Forum Fanatic
the lowest iPad (16GB, WiFi only) is now P19,990 at Apple Stores nationwide to make way for the eventual release of the iPad 2 here in the Philippines. :) check out http://store.apple.com/ph

ah ok po sir thanks. mukhang makakbili na ako agad, yey. :D

san po ba meron mga sir, di ko alam luluwas pa kami manila, province pa po kami.hehe.

meron po ba sa moa?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:21:24 AM by arpeggiosfromheaven »

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
ah ok po sir thanks. mukhang makakbili na ako agad, yey. :D

san po ba meron mga sir, di ko alam luluwas pa kami manila, province pa po kami.hehe.

meron po ba sa moa?

I think so, yeah. :-D

Offline snatanielead

My iPad 2  :-D
32g white

LF: Tremol-No
FS/FT: TKL Zero Gravity HARDCASE 2k ft to tremolno or iRig
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=249279.msg3411153#msg3411153

Offline grungeman5000

I was genuinely excited about the ipad2 until i got a hold of it an borrowed my friends'. My biggest dissapointment was the resolution. For me its Retina Display or nothing, hehe im too spoiled by the iphone and ipod touch 4g. Rest assured though that by this time next year i'll be raving on this very same thread about the iPad3. Till next year! Good luck.
Try growing up. Its pretty sweet. Makes you look less of a fool.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
I was genuinely excited about the ipad2 until i got a hold of it an borrowed my friends'. My biggest dissapointment was the resolution. For me its Retina Display or nothing, hehe im too spoiled by the iphone and ipod touch 4g. Rest assured though that by this time next year i'll be raving on this very same thread about the iPad3. Till next year! Good luck.

well if they just pushed through with the built-in card/media reader I could have bought one.. pero right now im still satisfied with my iPad 1 and it still serves its purpose very well.. no need to upgrade yet unless a very significant feature will be included..  :-D

Offline grungeman5000

well if they just pushed through with the built-in card/media reader I could have bought one.. pero right now im still satisfied with my iPad 1 and it still serves its purpose very well.. no need to upgrade yet unless a very significant feature will be included..  :-D

Yep, another item on my wishlist is that Lord Jobs (wtf!) releases an ipad thayts just 7" but knowing Apple that will never happen.... Or will it? (rumored ipod touch5) :evil:
Try growing up. Its pretty sweet. Makes you look less of a fool.

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
i still went for the galaxy tab....size matters hehe...the ipad was too big and heavy for me saka di naman ako interested in apps... i just need office apps and a good pdf reader...

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
I saw the Huwawei Tablet.. any of you guys used one? android din ba yun? looks interesting.. it cost around 15k daw

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
I saw the Huwawei Tablet.. any of you guys used one? android din ba yun? looks interesting.. it cost around 15k daw

Played with it on Globe hub or something (I forgot whatever they call their office, he he he). I love the ergonomics and speed of applications. It's not yet Honeycomb though. But it's decent and fast.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline kyxz

same here bro...still satisfied with my ipad 1...till groundbreaking upgrades / wish list
features are included..will wait for the ipad 3 maybe
so many gears....so little time
"im jumpin jack flash..its a gas, gas, gas"
          by The Rolling Stones

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
i was able to get an iPad 2 before i flew to a business trip in Malaysia and Singapore.  found it really useful especially in SG where there's free wifi basically anywhere.  i was able to Skype with the gf while in Universal Studios.  i found the front and back cameras very very useful. :-D
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
i was able to get an iPad 2 before i flew to a business trip in Malaysia and Singapore.  found it really useful especially in SG where there's free wifi basically anywhere.  i was able to Skype with the gf while in Universal Studios.  i found the front and back cameras very very useful. :-D

nice! dyan pumapasok yung use nung front facing camera.. kapag nag webchat kayo.. :-)

Offline DrDeathRNMD98

• Forum Fanatic
May irerelease na rin palang tablets ang Sony. Sony S1 and Sony S2, yung S1 mejo na wiweirdohan ako sa itsura, yung S2 astig parang improved na Nintendo DS. Kung may flash ang mga to dapat must-buy na para sakin.  :-D Later this year pa ata irerelease.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
how about the xoom? any review on it? baka meron sa inyo dyan users ng xoom baka pwede naman share kayo ng reviews on how does it fare to other tablets in the market?

ako kasi im planning to get the Galaxy Tab also for testing purposes..

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
any forumites (specially those abroad) here that was able to get the HP TouchPad?

grabe it was offered for $99 nalang after HP ceased their WebOS and Hardware division.. I read that BestBuy's stocks are sold out within hours.. I tried to find some offering online kaso some are scam at yung iba mahal pa rin ang benta..

and I believe the HP TouchPad was advertised by Manny Pacquiao..

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
any forumites (specially those abroad) here that was able to get the HP TouchPad?

grabe it was offered for $99 nalang after HP ceased their WebOS and Hardware division.. I read that BestBuy's stocks are sold out within hours.. I tried to find some offering online kaso some are scam at yung iba mahal pa rin ang benta..

and I believe the HP TouchPad was advertised by Manny Pacquiao..

Magkakaron pa ng stocks ang HP kaso sa dami ng umoorders ang hirap talagang makakuha. Dapat pipila ako sa best buy kaso kailangan unahin ang tuition. Sayang. :|
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
This is the first tablet that made me consider getting one :)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/transformer-prime-detailed-10-inch-super-ips-display-12-hour/

Well, that day has come, and so have the juicy details. We just got word that the tablet will go on sale worldwide in December, starting at $499 with a beefy 32GB of storage, moving up to $599 for a 64GB model. (That signature keyboard dock you see up there will cost $149.) In addition to those basic specs Mr. Shih revealed last month, we now know this has a 1280 x 800, Super IPS+ Gorilla Glass display with a 178-degree viewing angle and a max brightness of 600 nits. It also packs 1GB of RAM, GPS, a gyroscope, SonicMaster audio and a 1.2 megapixel front-facing camera. Rounding out the list is an 8MP shooter with an auto-focusing f/2.4 lens and a back-illuminated CMOS sensor that captures 1080p video. Touch-to-focus is also an option here, and ASUS claims a 30 percent boost in color enhancement over competing tabs.

And the battery life? 12 hours (18 hours with the dock). That's a lot of touching if you're traveling from MNL to JFK  :evil:

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic

Offline manok

• Philmusicus Addictus
yung bang apple ipad may word processor? and gaano katagal inaabot yung battery kung continuous use mo gagamitin yung unit. .

nakakatempt din yung mga epad apad ipad clone .  :wave:  -->