hulika

Author Topic: Tool's Lateralus  (Read 3489 times)

Offline paolo29

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Tool's Lateralus
« on: October 19, 2001, 10:02:20 PM »
Finally, after 5 years of waiting! Tool's new albums surely satisfies the avid fan and makes you forget that they have been gone for 5 years. yes, five loooong years!

At first listen, the eagerness of the moment makes you think, "this album sucks!". With only 8-9 real songs (with REAL lyrics, chord patterns), i thought i've been had! five long years! 2 years in the damn studio for this!?!

But once i gave it a second spin, third spin, fourth, fifth, sixth... it just seems better and better eveytime i listened to it! i can feel its eccentric moments, the syncopated beats, the whispered lines, the instrumental songs (more like recorded sounds to me) sinking into me. and then maynard's words starts to twirl me around like an out-of-control merry-go-round.

Tool's songs always seem to find their way behind me and strangle-hold me when i least expect it. like song number 6 "Parabol". it winds you down to a relaxing, calming state. almost like lulling you into it's hands. then just as you feel comfortable, Tool's blasts you into hell with track 7 "Parabola", the continuation of Parabol almost turns you upsidedown to a feeling of absolute urgency, calamity and a controlled chaos sort of state. damn, they're good!

But wait, there's more! wait til you here track 8 "Ticks And Leeches"! drummer danny carey must've needed Ben-Gay so bad after rocording that track! likewise some Strepsils for Maynard after screeeeeeeeeming his throats out on that song! he cited that after recording taht song, his voice was out for three weeks!

this album, if you could match wits with it, is a good sparring partner. everytime you think you know the next move, it surprises you with a special jumpkick, headbutt, punchingbag combo!

BUY IT!
BigPao

Offline Liane

Cool..
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2001, 06:11:48 PM »
Got the video collection on DVD Aenima is good
but Prison Sex is disgusting...
micro-dots

Offline Kilsmudge

• Veteran Member
Tool's Lateralus
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2001, 12:08:30 PM »
Hey I got that too

The DVD Collection with the Free CD...Pretty cool actually
Mother is the name of God in the lips of all children.....

Offline LeftBehind2261

• Philmusicus Noobitus
yeah
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 10:42:41 PM »
it took me a while to get it, but the wait was worth it!!!

ps where did you get the dvd set? and how much?
I am one, I am all, I'm above and beyond..

Offline Kilsmudge

• Veteran Member
Tool's Lateralus
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2002, 10:10:13 AM »
HMV

wasn't cheap
Mother is the name of God in the lips of all children.....

Offline cs_mapper

• Philmusicus Addictus
Tool's Lateralus
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2003, 02:39:48 AM »
I saw that sickening Parabola video. Tool is super weird cool. Their drummer kicks ass.

Offline LeftBehind2261

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Tool's Lateralus
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2003, 09:41:02 AM »
.....what's sick about parabola?
anyways i wish i really knew what it was about...
I am one, I am all, I'm above and beyond..

Offline man_Of_d'_epoch

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Tool's Lateralus
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2003, 02:43:44 PM »
hey i got it for about 2years now! and its a xmas gift from a friend and i almost kissed his ass when he gave it to me!
funny that its my first tool album...and im quite dissapointed bcoz i do like aenema(well the singles from it bcoz i dont have a cd of it!). and this album's quite differ. but what i like is the combination of gothic tunes to poppish one. moreover, the instruments..i think they exploit some oriental stuff there and that's very cool!!
laralus is damn nice! album packaging pa lang astig na!!

and one more thing...i began to like tool bcoz of maynard's side project, a perfect circle. quite ironic! hehehehehehehe....
better to burn out than to fade away...