hulika

Author Topic: Q: Guitar Bass Amplifier as Substitute for SubWoofer Setup?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline pikapika2501

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Q: Guitar Bass Amplifier as Substitute for SubWoofer Setup?

Ano ang ilalagay ko before from mixer to bass amplifier, para mag act na sub-woofer?
I'm searching the web for bass filter and medyo wala akong makita, tingin ko, wrong search keyword ang hanap ko with google.

*Note:
  • di ko balak ikabit sa bass guitar ko ang bass amp, and bass amp to mixer.
  • Kasi, balak kong tipirin na yan na gamitin kong subwoofer.
Tingin ko possible naman yan, not sure lang kung paano. Please help :)

Thanks in Advance Co-PhilMusic Forumer :)

Offline noahgoode

Re: Q: Guitar Bass Amplifier as Substitute for SubWoofer Setup?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:28:25 PM »
Normally better to have a dedicated sub.  But if you must......unless you have a built-in crossover feature in your mixer (i.e. Mackie CFX series), you will most likely need an outboard unit.  Running the full range mix to your designated "subwoofer" defeats the whole purpose; sub frequencies are generally set around 75hz - 125hz cutoff, and a good x-over unit will do just that.  BUT, you have to make sure your bass speaker can handle that frequency or you might kiss that speaker(s) goodbye when you crank the sub volume up.  Best to have at least a 15" speaker in that bass cab for sub, but if you have a smaller size speaker, you could set the x-over point a little higher and turn down the volume accordingly.  Best of luck.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 03:33:06 PM by noahgoode »
Veni, Vici, Velcro....I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
Re: Q: Guitar Bass Amplifier as Substitute for SubWoofer Setup?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 04:11:34 PM »
i dont know much about pro sound, but one thing i know is that i would never use my 2x12's as subs, nor would i plug my bass set-up into 22" subs ... unless i am playing whole note rap music basslines.