hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 449009 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here
« Reply #2525 on: September 22, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
Taba neto e. haha. so DD20 over Nova? haven't tried dd20 e.

for me yes. ease of use + looper.

after lumabas ng FlashbackX4, mejo nawalan ng sense si nove (may LCD tho, so pwedeng deal breaker sa iba)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2526 on: September 22, 2015, 04:09:26 PM »
Guys, a friend's asking me kung anong okay na gitara preferrably tele. Starting out pa lang naman sya and sa church sya gagamitin. budget is 6 - 8k.

oks ba yung California series ng squire na nasa Guitar pusher? I've never heard anything good from squire na ganung level, pero knecarry kasi ng GP kaya I thought there's something in it. Or SX?
Since may nagsuggest na ng Greg Bennett, you may wanna check out those Jay Turser teles na Lazer din ang nagbebenta. I had the chance to play with the strat copy version. It sounded and played nice.

And since baguhan lang sa gitara kaibigan mo, hindi pa maarte sa tone and everything yan.
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2527 on: September 22, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Since may nagsuggest na ng Greg Bennett, you may wanna check out those Jay Turser teles na Lazer din ang nagbebenta. I had the chance to play with the strat copy version. It sounded and played nice.

And since baguhan lang sa gitara kaibigan mo, hindi pa maarte sa tone and everything yan.

yun pa. jay tursers hahahaha

actually, kung baguhan, importante sa kanya kugn panglead yung gitara at may kambyo.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2528 on: September 22, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »
yun pa. jay tursers hahahaha

actually, kung baguhan, importante sa kanya kugn panglead yung gitara at may kambyo.

ah yes, the Jay Tursers. minamataan ko rin yung tele nila  :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2529 on: September 22, 2015, 06:56:05 PM »
I actually admired the level of craftsmanship, lalo na sa fret work, nun mga nasubukan kong Jay Tursers. Hindi sumasabit yun edges.

Siguro kapag naging tone-conscious na yun gagamit, he could try swapping out the pickups for upgrades.

Offline chernandez1

« Reply #2530 on: September 22, 2015, 07:35:07 PM »
Thanks mga boss. haha!
If there are encounters, there are partings as well

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2531 on: October 19, 2015, 05:15:55 PM »
Boss SD1 vs EHX Soul Food for HBuckers
 :-D
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2532 on: October 19, 2015, 06:19:17 PM »
^IMO, very different pedals. It's like comparing french fries and hamburgers.(very different but are good together). I'd suggest you take the Soul Food if you have a higher gain pedal on board or you'd be using a nice amp with a sweet crunch channel. If not and it will be your first drive pedal,go get the SD1, as it can stand alone to either drive an amp or provide your base overdrive tone. But if you got the cash,go get em both. :D
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2533 on: October 20, 2015, 09:57:38 AM »
^IMO, very different pedals. It's like comparing french fries and hamburgers.(very different but are good together). I'd suggest you take the Soul Food if you have a higher gain pedal on board or you'd be using a nice amp with a sweet crunch channel. If not and it will be your first drive pedal,go get the SD1, as it can stand alone to either drive an amp or provide your base overdrive tone. But if you got the cash,go get em both. :D

same thoughts. haha the soul food for me, is a nice always on pedal. you can also use it to push another pedal. ibang iba ang voicing nila ni sd1. sd1 has more gain.

Offline chernandez1

« Reply #2534 on: October 20, 2015, 10:10:09 AM »

same thoughts. haha the soul food for me, is a nice always on pedal. you can also use it to push another pedal. ibang iba ang voicing nila ni sd1. sd1 has more gain.

same here. had that soul food for a while, a nice pedal for crunch, or "break-up" sound, and it's pretty cool stacking pedal too. It's EhX take to the klon. I sold it and bought the Blue Maya OD.
The SD1 is, well SD1 haha. much more gain, more color I think. sf for low gains, sd1 for mid to high.

Offline bisckye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2535 on: October 27, 2015, 07:55:04 AM »
Wampler faux tape echo
Strymon el capistan
Diamond memory lane jr
Alin sa tatlo mas pipiliin nyo :)

Offline chernandez1

« Reply #2536 on: October 27, 2015, 08:02:56 AM »
Wampler faux tape echo
Strymon el capistan
Diamond memory lane jr

Depende sa kung saan gagamitin. Faux and the el capistan are for tape delay stuff right? I haven't used them, pero for me, I'd go for memory lane. Sturdy, and pretty versatile. But that's because I'm aiming for versatility. If I wan't a really awesome tape echo, I'm not sure, I haven't tried both wampler and strymon.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2537 on: October 27, 2015, 08:34:00 AM »
Wampler faux tape echo
Strymon el capistan
Diamond memory lane jr

kung tape echo stuff, strymon ako. pero kung versatile delay, dun ako sa memory lane.

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2538 on: October 27, 2015, 09:08:16 AM »
Wampler faux tape echo
Strymon el capistan
Diamond memory lane jr

Di ko pa nasusubukan yung Wampler. I had the El Cap, sold it. Di ko nagustuhan how it blended with distortion/gain. For clean tones, panalo. I currently have the Memory Lane Jr. Mas gusto ko ang repeats niya, and very simple lang ang layout/controls.

PS. Buy back ko na yung Ibanez RG321MH ko!  :lol:

Offline thkh

« Reply #2539 on: October 27, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
Wampler faux tape echo
Strymon el capistan
Diamond memory lane jr
It depends. The Strymon & Wampler pedals are tape emulators while the ML Jr isn't. No experience with the Faux Tape Echo but here's my review on the other two

El Capistan - Pretty fun pedal to play around with especially the Looper. You can get it to sound really clean or get dirty w/ degraded repeats.  Paired this with my Timeline at some point but eventually moved on since I was getting most of the sounds from the Timeline. Takes time playing around with the pedal to get it working live (with all the secondary function and all).

Memory Lane Jr - Love the simplicity of the pedal and it sounds awesome. Really easy to dial in sounds and there's a cool feature where you can turn the mod on/off by holding the tap tempo. FWIW, this replaced a big box Deluxe Memory Man because the ML Jr sounded really close, but you can't get it to do crazy modulation (vibrato) on your repeats, just subtle chorusing, w/c btw still sounds awesome.

You can't go wrong with both pedals but you'll just have to decide w/c pedal to go w/ based on YOUR preference. Currently, I have a Timeline and ML Jr on my pedalboard but if I were to choose between the EC & ML Jr, I'd pick the Memory Lane Jr.

i lurve delay pedals

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2540 on: October 27, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »

same here. had that soul food for a while, a nice pedal for crunch, or "break-up" sound, and it's pretty cool stacking pedal too. It's EhX take to the klon. I sold it and bought the Blue Maya OD.
The SD1 is, well SD1 haha. much more gain, more color I think. sf for low gains, sd1 for mid to high.

Thanks for the response guys! So if I'm using SD1 now, I can get the SoulFood for solo/volume boost? Or both on for higher gain w/ a little mid hump? Okay kaya sila for stacking? I mean would they sound good together? :D Thanks again!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 05:58:44 PM by Garner »
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2541 on: October 27, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »

Thanks for the response guys! So if I'm using SD1 now, I can get the SoulFood for solo/volume boost? Or both on for higher gain w/ a little mid hump? Okay kaya sila for stacking? I mean would they sound good together? :D Thanks again!

They do sound good together,given that you have a really nice amp to take in stacking different gain stages. The soul food can deliver a gritty volume boost to the SD 1 but just be careful about the limited headroom of the SD1. What I usually do is have the soul food as my first stage drive where I  trim down the vol. a little,drive at around 2 o'clock and the treble knob down at the middle. In your case I'd rather have the SD-1 come first before the Soul Food, that the SF will act as a post gain boost.
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline iamweird

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2542 on: November 13, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »
marshall avt20 or orange crush pix 35ldx or vox vt40?

:-)
Instead of searching for what to buy next, why not search for what to learn next?

Offline dirk

Or this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline marvinsa06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2544 on: February 10, 2016, 02:26:34 AM »
Hi guys is cort m600 good? or may aletrnatives po bang mas maganda sa price range niya 17-19k? newbie lang po. Eyeing on the cort m600 avd.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2545 on: February 10, 2016, 04:05:21 AM »
Hi guys is cort m600 good? or may aletrnatives po bang mas maganda sa price range niya 17-19k? newbie lang po. Eyeing on the cort m600 avd.
I got the chance to try a couple of M600 at Lazer music store. One was red and the other a purple one. I'd say the build was inconsistent with the two. The red was heavier while the purple was so much lighter. That obviously affected the tone. Siguro kung makatsamba ka ng maayos-ayos, upgrade the pickups first then you're good to go.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2546 on: February 10, 2016, 10:20:25 AM »
I got the chance to try a couple of M600 at Lazer music store. One was red and the other a purple one. I'd say the build was inconsistent with the two. The red was heavier while the purple was so much lighter. That obviously affected the tone. Siguro kung makatsamba ka ng maayos-ayos, upgrade the pickups first then you're good to go.

+1. problema sa cort is yung consistency ng build. pero maganda naman, just be sure to test and test para makapili ng ayos.

you might wanna check the legator guitars from GuitarPusher, as well as secondhand items in the classifieds :)

Offline marvinsa06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2547 on: February 10, 2016, 02:19:24 PM »

What do you mean na maayos-ayos master? Sorry newbie talaga. I'll try to bring bring someone with me when I go to the store.
And and pick-ups not that good?

Offline marvinsa06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2548 on: February 10, 2016, 02:31:35 PM »
+1. problema sa cort is yung consistency ng build. pero maganda naman, just be sure to test and test para makapili ng ayos.

you might wanna check the legator guitars from GuitarPusher, as well as secondhand items in the classifieds :)

Thanks master! Ang ganda kasi ng nababasa kong reviews. Parang ang underrated ng m600.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2549 on: February 10, 2016, 02:41:23 PM »
Thanks master! Ang ganda kasi ng nababasa kong reviews. Parang ang underrated ng m600.
okay naman siya. magnda naman. just don't compare it to top of the line models of other brands. for starters na hindi pa masyadong tone conscious, sobrang okay na ni m600. in time, hahanapin mo na ynug gusting gusto mong sound, at baka kiailangan magpalit ka na ng pickups nun.