hulika

Author Topic: Thread on wiring, Pots, Pickups and the such.  (Read 42277 times)

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Thread on wiring, Pots, Pickups and the such.
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2015, 12:25:25 PM »
see the wire on the upper left corner connected to the pot. that one is supposed to go to the bridge

doh!!!

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2015, 02:14:53 PM »
Ah ok,  Yung mga tutorials on wiring kasi sa youtube di ginagawa yun. Butasan ko nalang siguro.

Anyways thanks siore, rye.
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2015, 04:46:38 PM »
Ah ok,  Yung mga tutorials on wiring kasi sa youtube di ginagawa yun. Butasan ko nalang siguro.

Anyways thanks siore, rye.

haha my ground siya di ko lang napansin agad.

anyways new question:

nilagyan ko ng shielding yung lahat ng cavity ng gitara ko, and connected lahat(using multimeter) anyways since yung pots mismo nakadikit sa aluminum shielding, and yung  likod ng pots naman ay grounded ng wire, magcacause ba yung ng "ground loops"? or di totoo yung ground loops?

nabasa ko kasi sa TDPRI:

More or less. Put simply, to get a ground loop you essentially need to have some level of voltage difference in the grounds of the power supply going to different components.

Ground loops have become a common myth in guitar wiring due to a misunderstanding of how they actually work. Many people have falsely assumed that if wires are connected in parallel between different components that current will potentially "loop" through them, simply because the wire forms a physical loop. This doesn't happen though, as current does not simply move in circles because they are available to travel through - it needs a motive to go in any direction, and if there's no voltage difference, there's no motive.

Ground loops can occur between an amp and pedals, or a mixing board and power amp if they are plugged in to different outlets, but not inside a passive guitar circuit.

PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2015, 07:17:55 AM »
Mga sirs, tanong ko lang, I have a spare DiMarzio lying around pero 2 inches na lang yung wire, my question is..Can I augment (dugtungan) the short cable with an ordinary USB cable? May epekto ba sa tone if ever gumana siya? THX PO

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #179 on: August 08, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »
Mga sirs, tanong ko lang, I have a spare DiMarzio lying around pero 2 inches na lang yung wire, my question is..Can I augment (dugtungan) the short cable with an ordinary USB cable? May epekto ba sa tone if ever gumana siya? THX PO

Yes you can. As long as they're properly connected, soldered and insulated from each other, I believe wala naman magiging noticeable change in tone.

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »
Yes you can. As long as they're properly connected, soldered and insulated from each other, I believe wala naman magiging noticeable change in tone.

THX sir :-D