hulika

Author Topic: Apple Iphone/Ipod Touch Thread  (Read 330827 times)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Apple Iphone/Ipod Touch Thread
« Reply #250 on: January 29, 2010, 06:01:41 AM »
anyone here knows how to view PDF files in iTouch?

i found this link: http://www.calvinshub.com/2008/12/how-to-read-ebooks-on-your-ipod-touch/

but the problem is, it needs: A wireless network that can be accessed by your iPod Touch and your PC - which i dont have...

any other alternative?  :?

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2010, 08:47:51 PM »
anyone here knows how to view PDF files in iTouch?

i found this link: http://www.calvinshub.com/2008/12/how-to-read-ebooks-on-your-ipod-touch/

but the problem is, it needs: A wireless network that can be accessed by your iPod Touch and your PC - which i dont have...

any other alternative?  :?

http://www.iphone-explorer.com/

works for the Touch as well. :)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #252 on: January 31, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
http://www.iphone-explorer.com/

works for the Touch as well. :)

Want to put your iPhone or iPod Touch in disk mode? Use an iPhone as a flash drive? iPhone Explorer is an iPhone browser for Mac that lets you browse the files and folders on your iPhone as if it were a normal USB flash drive or pen drive. You can use the very easy drag-and-drop methods to add or remove files and folders from the iPhone. Compatible with all iPhones and iPod Touches including the new 3GS and 3.0 firmware. Works with or without jailbreaking.

it will let me store files on my iTouch just like any flash drive.. but i dont think, this will let me read PDF files on my iTouch..  :| what i need is an app that can store and should let me read pdf files.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: January 31, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »
Want to put your iPhone or iPod Touch in disk mode? Use an iPhone as a flash drive? iPhone Explorer is an iPhone browser for Mac that lets you browse the files and folders on your iPhone as if it were a normal USB flash drive or pen drive. You can use the very easy drag-and-drop methods to add or remove files and folders from the iPhone. Compatible with all iPhones and iPod Touches including the new 3GS and 3.0 firmware. Works with or without jailbreaking.

it will let me store files on my iTouch just like any flash drive.. but i dont think, this will let me read PDF files on my iTouch..  :| what i need is an app that can store and should let me read pdf files.

try it, it's what i use.

forgot to say that you have to have Stanza Desktop (for Mac/PC) and then the app Stanza (for Touch/iPhone). those two are easily downloadable.

Transferring books via the USB cable (for epub or eReader) this option will no longer be available in Stanza 2.1

If your books are in any format but eReader or epub, then convert your books to epub using Stanza Desktop or Calibre.
Download and install the free "iPhone Explorer" utility from http://www.iphone-explorer.com, which allows you to transfer files over to your iPhone using the USB cable
Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable and launch iPhone Explorer
Click the "Change Root" button and select the "/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/" option.
Click the "New Folder" button rename the new folder "Stanza".
Browse your computer for your books in the ePub or eReader format and drag them onto the "Stanza" folder.
The next time you launch Stanza, all the books in that folder will be automatically imported into Stanza's library (and removed from that folder).
Note: any other software that can transfer files over to the iPhone can be used for this method of transferring books in bulk. When Stanza launches, any files it finds in the folder named "/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/Stanza" will be imported into Stanza. For example, you can use the shareware "DiskAid" software to also transfer files.

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #254 on: January 31, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
try it, it's what i use.

forgot to say that you have to have Stanza Desktop (for Mac/PC) and then the app Stanza (for Touch/iPhone). those two are easily downloadable.

got it.. will try this ASAP.. thanks! :-)

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2010, 04:54:03 AM »
i tried the app.. it seems that it doesnt support ebooks that has pictures.. i tried converting some emagazines[fhm(hehehe), guitar mags, etc], it will only display "unknown author" text on the stanza desktop. i thought i can convert my slash pdf but i guess it wont work. funny thing is, i tried - the lost symbol, when i did convert the book, it displayed - the lost symbol by chris brown!!! hahaha! i tried finding any chris brown name on the pdf itself, no such thing. i guess thats one of the drawbacks if you just got the book free off some website. and you need to manually attach the book cover. overall, great app! :-)

now, im looking for an app that supports emagazines..  :-)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:50:45 AM by hunk0429 »

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #256 on: February 11, 2010, 10:15:48 AM »
mga sir meron na ngayon nung iPDF
di ko matandaan kun yan yung application name
pero pdf file reader siya sabi sa product description
nasa top 50 siya sa free ngayon
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: February 11, 2010, 11:35:30 AM »
mga sir meron na ngayon nung iPDF
di ko matandaan kun yan yung application name
pero pdf file reader siya sabi sa product description
nasa top 50 siya sa free ngayon

ive tried that. problem is, theres no way for you to manually copy your pdf from your computer to your ipod touch/iphone. the only way for you to store pdf's is by searching them off the internet using the app itself. normally, it will only display regular pdf's file(non-copyrighted). ive even tried searching any guitar emagazines, rolling stone emagazines, slash ebook, etc but to no avail..  :|

Offline bazgrol0413

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #258 on: February 21, 2010, 09:49:24 AM »
try documents to go. it needs wifi though, but it can view anything from ppoints ,excell, word doc, pdf. :D
References: turigilliano, kulas, micsis, bh, deltaslim, Saturn/Return, spankyrigor, ejbasses, Red_Strat, alvin_ching5782, alvinratsim, mandoytz, trix, jetleebog, BrianLP, mr.brownstone, ajct3, yahu, weeping_demon, scofield, lovecore, teleclem

Offline Jamaw

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
sir hunk i hope this will help you...
use ISILO pede ka maglagay ng pdf dyan strait from your pc kahit wlang wifi
just follow the instruction dun mismo sa apps...
ive tried it madami process pero pdeng pede....
hope it helps...
GODBLESS

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: February 26, 2010, 01:12:19 PM »
hope it helps...
GODBLESS

interesting! will try it! thanks! :-D

Offline soloxw7

« Reply #261 on: March 02, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »
Mura na ba ang 4500 pesos para sa Ipod Video 30GB 5th Gen second hand?

I need reply asap!...

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: March 03, 2010, 09:21:13 PM »
Mura na ba ang 4500 pesos para sa Ipod Video 30GB 5th Gen second hand?

I need reply asap!...

Check mo muna. Mas maganda ma-check mo hands-on.

Question, saan pwede mag-download ng libreng applications/games ng iPod Touch ? Kailangan ba talaga ma-jailbreak yung iPod Touch? 8gb 3rd gen yung akin.

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #263 on: March 03, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »
Check mo muna. Mas maganda ma-check mo hands-on.

Question, saan pwede mag-download ng libreng applications/games ng iPod Touch ? Kailangan ba talaga ma-jailbreak yung iPod Touch? 8gb 3rd gen yung akin.

libreng apps and games meron naman po sa itunes,
di naman po kailangan ijailbreak pa, pero kung gusto mo pa po itweak yung itouch mo,
ok lang din ijailbreak, suggestion ko isearch mo sir yung blackra1n, problem lang sakanya,
pag nalowbatt yung itouch mo kaylangan merong pc or laptop na may blackra1n na application which is almost 600kb lang naman,
di siya kasi magoopen manually, kaylangan nakasaksak sa pc or laptop, tapos iclick lang yung blackra1n, tapos ok na siya ulit,

sir isearch mo po muna kung ok sayo yung jailbreak, hehe

ang gulo ng mga sinabi ko hahaha
News:

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2010, 11:50:19 PM »
libreng apps and games meron naman po sa itunes,
di naman po kailangan ijailbreak pa, pero kung gusto mo pa po itweak yung itouch mo,
ok lang din ijailbreak, suggestion ko isearch mo sir yung blackra1n, problem lang sakanya,
pag nalowbatt yung itouch mo kaylangan merong pc or laptop na may blackra1n na application which is almost 600kb lang naman,
di siya kasi magoopen manually, kaylangan nakasaksak sa pc or laptop, tapos iclick lang yung blackra1n, tapos ok na siya ulit,

sir isearch mo po muna kung ok sayo yung jailbreak, hehe

ang gulo ng mga sinabi ko hahaha

Nag-search nako sa iTunes, kailangan ba talaga mag-register para maka-download ng libreng applications?

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2010, 11:54:41 PM »
Nag-search nako sa iTunes, kailangan ba talaga mag-register para maka-download ng libreng applications?

yes sir, pero wala namang bayad yun, email and password lang yung kailangan dun sa pagkakatanda ko.
para maregister lang din po yung itouch mo.
News:

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2010, 12:31:43 AM »
yes sir, pero wala namang bayad yun, email and password lang yung kailangan dun sa pagkakatanda ko.
para maregister lang din po yung itouch mo.

Ok, thanks!

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »
News:

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #268 on: March 04, 2010, 08:34:13 AM »
hope it helps...
GODBLESS

uhmm.. may bayad pala yung app.. $9.99.. awww...  :|

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isilo/id284979163?mt=8

Offline bazgrol0413

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »
uhmm.. may bayad pala yung app.. $9.99.. awww...  :|

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isilo/id284979163?mt=8
punta ka sa hackulo.us or apptrackr to download thousands of applications na may bayad sa itunes. nothing can be better thatn those sites. :D
References: turigilliano, kulas, micsis, bh, deltaslim, Saturn/Return, spankyrigor, ejbasses, Red_Strat, alvin_ching5782, alvinratsim, mandoytz, trix, jetleebog, BrianLP, mr.brownstone, ajct3, yahu, weeping_demon, scofield, lovecore, teleclem

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #270 on: March 06, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »
instead of browsing for apps in your iPhone thru the Appstore or Cydia or whatever else, you can instead search for torrents containing hundreds of applications. then just import into iTunes. much much simpler. even before downloading you can already search its contents for a particular app. :)

and for those interested in creating iTunes Store accounts, there is a way to bypass the credit card restriction. Google is your friend, use keywords like iTunes, account, free, how, bypass, etc.

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2010, 12:55:15 AM »
punta ka sa hackulo.us or apptrackr to download thousands of applications na may bayad sa itunes. nothing can be better thatn those sites. :D

badtrip error sakin pag nag sync na ko,
yung mga na download ko sa apptrackr, hindi napapasok sa itouch ko haha
News:

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2010, 01:58:51 AM »
salot ang bagong update sa firmware 3.1.3
di ko tuloy majailbreak ulit haha, antay antay ulit sa blackra1n
inupdate kasi ng tropa ko yung itouch ko, sinubukan muna sakin
bago sa itouch niya, bwiset
News:

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2010, 02:49:12 AM »
i wanna share info about this app called "Guitar Toolkit" for fellow guitar players. it saved my neck when we forgot to bring a tuner on a gig. :D

it has 4 features:

- a TUNER (with A LOT of different tunings other than standard tuning) - useful if you're in a quiet area, preferably with an amp or any source of sound you can use. you also can probably just place your iPhone near the strings where it can pick up the sound. (i don't know if this will work on a Touch since afaik it doesn't have a mouthpiece - does it?)

- a mode called TONES. it displays a virtual version of a guitar neck as wide as the screen. it also displays the 6 strings. when you tap a string, you'll hear a sound as if you really plucked a real acoustic guitar string. only standard notes, tho.

- it has a Metronome.

- it has a chord chart of all chords across the neck. :)

a very useful app, a must have for guitar players! only $9.99 in the AppStore! :D or download thru other means if you will. hahaha *hugas kamay*

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2010, 08:25:23 AM »

still downloading the 3.1.2 ipsw file.. will jailbreak my ipod touch asap and will get the plants vs zombies app!  :evil: