hulika

Author Topic: ANALYSIS: Is Facebook phone worth the wait?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline angelinasotto23

• Philmusicus Noobitus
ANALYSIS: Is Facebook phone worth the wait?
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:21:12 PM »

SAN FRANCISCO -- It was years in the making; is the Facebook phone worth the wait?

Ultimately, that's for consumers and reviewers to decide.

Rumors have swirled for years about the mystical phone, which Facebook introduced at its headquarters today. For the financial sake of Facebook, it's imperative that the new phone -- manufactured by HTC, carried by AT&T and sporting an Android operating system -- sells well. It's the linchpin in the social-networking company's pursuit of mobile ads. The $99 phone goes on sale April 12.

The phone/service features Home (facebook.com/home), downloadable software that brings the Facebook experience to several Android devices: HTC One X, HTC One X+, Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note II.

At first blush, the new phone could find a receptive audience among the under-25 crowd, which is comfortable with having their mobile devices within reach at all times. Facebook chafes at suggestions that teens and twentysomethings are leaving the social network, so a phone immersed in news updates and other Facebook features might go over well. read more... http://bit.ly/Z4NQ9P

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: ANALYSIS: Is Facebook phone worth the wait?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
i dont understand fb..i mean they already released apps for iphone,android and others OS' and i dont see a need for another phone that still has...tada! Facebook in it..theyve become money-driven d1ckwads..

Sent from my Abacus using nothing but my fingers.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: ANALYSIS: Is Facebook phone worth the wait?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »
You don't want to get caught owning one of that after a couple of years, pag laos na ang Facebook.