hulika

Author Topic: NEED HELP: DSL Modem and Wifi Router in Bridge Mode  (Read 3944 times)

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
NEED HELP: DSL Modem and Wifi Router in Bridge Mode
« on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:03 AM »
to all networking hustlaz:

i need help in setting up my Prolink H5201 dsl modem and Edimax BR6226n wifi router in bridge mode.

i did my google research and cant seem to get the right configuration for this.

heres what i was able to set up so far:

STEP 1
-login to Prolink modem in admin mode. pinoydsl supplied me with an admin login to get to Globes admin settings for the modem.
-get to WAN settings and completely remove the stored setting for my account.
-create a new WAN profile with VCI(not sure) setting at 0-35. choose 1483 bridged mode on the drop down box. and hit modify to commit.
-go to DHCP setting under LAN and disable the DHCP option.

STEP 2
-connect the lan cable directly to my Edimax router and access the admin mode.
-go to WAN settings and choose PPPoE.
-login using my Globe account and password.
-click apply and wifi router restarts.

now other forums would say that the ADSL led should blink or stay on to tell you that the modem works. it does on my setting. yun nga lang, the router cant seem to interconnect with the modem. or its not doing the login thing like its supposed to do.

any response with detailed instructions would be highly appreciated. the earlier your response, the better. i contacted Globe to upgrade my modem to a wifi router/modem but theyre charging additional Php500 for the installation and theyre adding another 12 months for the lock in period thus making my account locked for 24 months. being a sucker for wifi, i had no choice but to avail of this. pero nanghihinayang pa rin ako sa Edimax router ko. matetengga yun ng matagal.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline surplusmusic

Re: NEED HELP: DSL Modem and Wifi Router in Bridge Mode
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 07:17:57 PM »

theyre adding another 12 months for the lock in period thus making my account locked for 24 months. being a sucker for wifi, i had no choice but to avail of this. pero nanghihinayang pa rin ako sa Edimax router ko. matetengga yun ng matagal.

Adding another 12months is only an option, katimawaan na yan. Hindi mo na kailangan pang mag agree sa ganyang klaseng option nila because kahit wala yang mga option na yan pwedeng mo convert to wifi modem ang linya mo.

Tapos yong additional charge para sa installation na P500 okay lang yon talagang may service charge at mura na yan mostly minimum ngayon is P800 mostly mag lagay ng ganyan.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:19:23 PM by surplusmusic »