hulika

Author Topic: VOX Pathfinder 15R - Review anyone?  (Read 163420 times)

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: VOX Pathfinder 15R - Review anyone?
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 05:02:04 PM »
congrats Caco!  :-D --->  from a fellow Pathfinder 15R owner.  :lol:

Thanks brother. I'm never letting go of this one. :roll:

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »
Thanks brother. I'm never letting go of this one. :roll:

i love vox's looks. awesome
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 05:45:12 PM »
i love vox's looks. awesome

VOX Pathfinder 15R is actually my first standard amplifier. I think I'm a fan of VOX Amps now. :-D

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »
sang ayon sa sinabe ng karimihan. pathfinder 15r user as well. :-D

Offline burnthyfret

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »
hehe. can't wait to get my hands on one of this after waiting for so long for my marshall to give up on me. (which it finally did) haha. funny combi though the way i'm planning to use mine. "a vox with a marshall tone" hehe. :-D anyway, long live the pathfinder. best 15 watts amp i've seen and heard so far and value for the money too. kaya siguro ang hirap hanapin nito noh? parating nauubusan ng stock yun mga AP. tsk tsk. :x

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
hehe. can't wait to get my hands on one of this after waiting for so long for my marshall to give up on me. (which it finally did) haha. funny combi though the way i'm planning to use mine. "a vox with a marshall tone" hehe. :-D anyway, long live the pathfinder. best 15 watts amp i've seen and heard so far and value for the money too. kaya siguro ang hirap hanapin nito noh? parating nauubusan ng stock yun mga AP. tsk tsk. :x
true true... actually nagpa pull out pa ko from the main branch ng isa eh. btw made in vietnam rin sakin.hahaha. kanina ko lang napansin. :-D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »
great little amp for the price.. i was supposed to save up for a peavey envoy 110.. pero nung narealize ko na hindi ako makakaipon agad, took the chance and tried out the pathfinder.. ganda.. parang tube ang dating ng controls niya.. really great little amp.. i had mine since january or february this year ata.. still in very good shape.. takes pedals and effects really well since straightforward solid state siya.. hindi modelling or what kaya pedal friendly talaga.. the best part is the aux out kasi nagagawa mo siyang solid state head.. ganda iconnect sa mas malaking speaker, very good headroom, imo..

downside.. parang mejo flimsy lang yung input jack.. don't know.. pakiramdam ko lang weak.. mahirap pa naman magreplace ng ganun pag nasira.. look the classic vox look din.. classy at stylish.. mine has the brown grill cloth.. like it better than the black version.. hehe..

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2009, 07:00:41 AM »

I went to AP ali mall, AP Rob Pioneer, AP SM Megamall and I've found nothing. Fortunately, AP warehouse has the last piece when I called 'em. LOL :-D

great little amp for the price.. i was supposed to save up for a peavey envoy 110.. pero nung narealize ko na hindi ako makakaipon agad, took the chance and tried out the pathfinder.. ganda.. parang tube ang dating ng controls niya.. really great little amp.. i had mine since january or february this year ata.. still in very good shape.. takes pedals and effects really well since straightforward solid state siya.. hindi modelling or what kaya pedal friendly talaga.. the best part is the aux out kasi nagagawa mo siyang solid state head.. ganda iconnect sa mas malaking speaker, very good headroom, imo..

downside.. parang mejo flimsy lang yung input jack.. don't know.. pakiramdam ko lang weak.. mahirap pa naman magreplace ng ganun pag nasira.. look the classic vox look din.. classy at stylish.. mine has the brown grill cloth.. like it better than the black version.. hehe..

PF does not just stand as PathFinder but also pedal friendly. :lol:

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 07:05:41 AM »
PF does not just stand as PathFinder but also pedal friendly. :lol:

haha.. good find cacophony..
i never regretted buying it.. hindi pa ko nakakabasa ng reviews nun kasi nga envoy 110 tinitingnan ko.. swerte.. lucky to have this amp.. gets you close to the tube feeling.. kahit solid state..

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 07:17:43 AM »
haha.. good find cacophony..
i never regretted buying it.. hindi pa ko nakakabasa ng reviews nun kasi nga envoy 110 tinitingnan ko.. swerte.. lucky to have this amp.. gets you close to the tube feeling.. kahit solid state..

I agree. Honestly, Peavey Rage 258 is the other option I'm looking for but I thought it's not a bestseller of AP. Luckily, markv suggested this one. After long time of thinking, I finally decided on this and hurriedly drove to Quirino Extension to buy the last piece. :-)

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 07:25:08 AM »
what i really like about this amp is the solid clean tone you get from it.  it's very responsive to guitar tone controls that it can turn your tone from warm to punchy with just the right tweaking of the tone knob. 

now that i'm starting to accumulate some pedals, i'm just starting to appreciate the pedal-friendliness of this amp.  so far, i'm not disappointed.  :-D

@Caco - worth the long drive eh?   :-D  OT - sorry i have yet to reply to your SMS.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 07:29:04 AM »
what i really like about this amp is the solid clean tone you get from it.  it's very responsive to guitar tone controls that it can turn your tone from warm to punchy with just the right tweaking of the tone knob. 

now that i'm starting to accumulate some pedals, i'm just starting to appreciate the pedal-friendliness of this amp.  so far, i'm not disappointed.  :-D

@Caco - worth the long drive eh?   :-D  OT - sorry i have yet to reply to your SMS.

Exactly. Your V4 will probably sound as good as the original with this amp. I've never tried one since my DIY OCD's are sold :cry: Anyway, I'm glad both of us have the same amp! Hahaha! What's about the SMS?

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 07:32:18 AM »
Exactly. Your V4 will probably sound as good as the original with this amp. I've never tried one since my DIY OCD's are sold :cry: Anyway, I'm glad both of us have the same amp! Hahaha! What's about the SMS?

it actually did!  i sort of played alongside the ProGuitarShop vids of the OCD and tweaked it to the same settings as shown in the vid.  it came close enough!  i have a friend who has the PF15 without reverb and it didn't sound as sweet as this one.

SMS regarding the woody booster.  i seriously have no dough at the moment.  :lol:

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:37 AM »
^ Bro try mo lagyan ng cab  :-D.

This PF really is testing my patience ... Christmas?  :roll:
zzzzzzz

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2009, 09:38:36 AM »
^ Bro try mo lagyan ng cab  :-D.

This PF really is testing my patience ... Christmas?  :roll:

kumuha ka na kapatid.   :lol:

malabo na ang cab kasi sa kwarto ko lang nakalagay...medyo masikip na eh.  hehehe!

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2009, 09:48:51 AM »
i might sell mine..made in korea yung sa akin.. :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:15 AM »
^ ahem ahem... makano???  8-)
zzzzzzz

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 11:17:11 AM »
it actually did!  i sort of played alongside the ProGuitarShop vids of the OCD and tweaked it to the same settings as shown in the vid.  it came close enough!  i have a friend who has the PF15 without reverb and it didn't sound as sweet as this one.

SMS regarding the woody booster.  i seriously have no dough at the moment.  :lol:

Congrats. Kevs must've done a really good job. Regarding the woody booster, retract ko na yun. :-D

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »
I've been considering this amp for some time na dahil sa glowing reviews everywhere sa web.
Owners, volume wise, would you say it can keep up with a drummer?
LF: Mojo

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 11:39:14 AM »
I've been considering this amp for some time na dahil sa glowing reviews everywhere sa web.
Owners, volume wise, would you say it can keep up with a drummer?

You bet! I keep the master to 9 o' clock and below for practicing. Malakas na siya around 10 o'clock and above considering the boost switch is on.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:30 AM »
You bet! I keep the master to 9 o' clock and below for practicing. Malakas na siya around 10 o'clock and above considering the boost switch is on.

i second this.  right on the button.  :-)

EDIT:  in addition, when i crank this up in bedroom practice, full-on gain + boost, my master volume is at 7-8 o' clock...guitar volume at 5 or 6...and i even manage to drown out the BTs if i don't keep it in check.  that's how loud this baby is.   :wink:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 11:51:51 AM by maxi_musikero »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »
i second this.  right on the button.  :-)

EDIT:  in addition, when i crank this up in bedroom practice, full-on gain + boost, my master volume is at 7-8 o' clock...guitar volume at 5 or 6...and i even manage to drown out the BTs if i don't keep it in check.  that's how loud this baby is.   :wink:

yepp.. volume-wise, it oculd really keep up.. pero mas maganda kung ipair nalang siya sa extension cab.. kahit 1x12".. just to have a better headroom.. hindi kasi masyadong magiging boomy ang dating kung 8" lang.. it could keep up with the volume but kung earthshaking headroom, hindi masyado..
naghahanap nga ako ngayon ng 12" speaker eh.. haha..  :-)

Offline chadrobles

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 12:11:12 PM »
Stellar reviews.  8-)Thanks guys, though I'm not surprised, this lil' baby can really deliver. :-)

To those who are still having qualms, I have one here at the Main Office, feel free to try it out. :-)

Also, check out the AC4TV Class A amps, classy tones but easy on the budget.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »
Stellar reviews.  8-)Thanks guys, though I'm not surprised, this lil' baby can really deliver. :-)

To those who are still having qualms, I have one here at the Main Office, feel free to try it out. :-)

Also, check out the AC4TV Class A amps, classy tones but easy on the budget.

chad!  parang paisa-isa lang ang dating ng mga 15R sa Main Office ah?  nung binili ko yung akin, parang isa na lang din yung nasa showroom.  hehehe!

go get one guys!  it's worth it!  :-)   

chad, pa-pm naman ng price ng AC4TV combo.   :lol:

Offline chadrobles

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2009, 12:42:06 PM »
chad!  parang paisa-isa lang ang dating ng mga 15R sa Main Office ah?  nung binili ko yung akin, parang isa na lang din yung nasa showroom.  hehehe!

go get one guys!  it's worth it!  :-)   

chad, pa-pm naman ng price ng AC4TV combo.   :lol:

haha, napansin mo din?  :lol: oo dude, I try to allocate evenly kasi para lahat ng branches meron.

sure man, pm you in a while.

thanks kapatid.