hulika

Author Topic: HIYAW  (Read 11323 times)

Offline dullFingers

• Forum Fanatic
Re: HIYAW
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
@analog.Matt -

I would like to commend you on the way you reply to "sensitive" topics in this forum. Kung ganyan siguro ang delivery ni FM55 dito sa Philmusic mas maiintindihan siya ng mga members dito. As pointed out by another member, yung pakikipag kapwa is also important dito sa forums. I do not know Alex/FM55 personally. Who knows ganyan lang talaga siya mag sulat pero iba siya sa personal. I sure would love to test his gear one day just to see if I can somehow relate to what he is saying.

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2017, 11:06:06 AM »
salamat

I think nauuna lang kasi ang emotion ng tao. kaya nabibigyan ng kulay ang mga sinusulat ni alex or minsan, dala na ng emotion, hindi na nababasa ng mabuti yung sinulat ni alex.

pero tingnan niyo mga sulat ni alex, kahit gaanong ka heated ang usapan hindi siya nagreresort to name calling or ad hominem attacks.

alex in the flesh is a very very kind person. isipin niyo ilang tao na naka test ng gears niya. sa pag kakaintindi ko gusto niya kasi maianngat ang consciousness natin. yung experience
niya sa ibang bansa binibigay niya sa atin. malaking laktaw na sa learning curve yun

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:24:04 AM by analog.matt »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:22 AM »
nakakatawa naman na si panot ang kinausap mo about "hiyaw"

ang harsh!  :lol:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
nakakatawa naman na si panot ang kinausap mo about "hiyaw"
eh ang sabi nya tone is in our fingers. 😂😂😂😂

Self-contradicting talaga si CJV

Pero sikat yan! Ayon nga lang sa kanya   ^-^
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline joesat

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2017, 11:57:39 AM »
If that hiyaw is hard to come by in a guitar or we are not blessed nor talented to hear it, then i'll settle for MIYAW. stress free, worry free, easy....why search for a holy grail of a guitar when you can spend your time on making music or practice? :wink:
successful deals w/: prank sinatra, bossingboss, alaala, dedma_walking, anodbiomech, boosted, god of war & stonelake, spankyrigor

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2017, 12:58:49 PM »
If that hiyaw is hard to come by in a guitar or we are not blessed nor talented to hear it, then i'll settle for MIYAW. stress free, worry free, easy....why search for a holy grail of a guitar when you can spend your time on making music or practice? :wink:

Parang sinabi mo na bakit kailangan pang mamili ng gitara?  Following your point and taking it to the extreme, we should ALL just pick Lumanog guitars and have the time of our life.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2017, 01:38:47 PM »
I say never go too high nor go lowest of the low. I have a 9 year old son now and the things I'm slowly showing him are players and practice and how to teach yourself the songs you like to play. Sure I explain to him strats, singlecoils, humbuckers, les pauls who plays what.

We don't go to where this thread is at.

Oh and I found this Squier VM Jaguar at a yard sale......just under P2000.
It sounds AMAZING!!

One of the major benefits of not being a tone snob.

O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 01:56:08 PM »
Just checking in to express my amazement over how this is still a thing after all these years...  Seriously, I'm not trying to be dismissive or insensitive to anyone's grievances. I just am.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2017, 01:56:25 PM »
I say never go too high nor go lowest of the low. I have a 9 year old son now and the things I'm slowly showing him are players and practice and how to teach yourself the songs you like to play. Sure I explain to him strats, singlecoils, humbuckers, les pauls who plays what.

We don't go to where this thread is at.

Oh and I found this Squier VM Jaguar at a yard sale......just under P2000.
It sounds AMAZING!!

One of the major benefits of not being a tone snob.

Lucky for you.  Imagine the trouble I have to go thru trying to help people and their below P2000 guitar sound good.  Root Cause:  They were not tone snobs enough. 

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2017, 01:58:39 PM »
Just checking in to express my amazement over how this is still a thing after all these years...  Seriously, I'm not trying to be dismissive or insensitive to anyone's grievances. I just am.

Yeah because I now have 20 USA guitars plus 1 Israeli guitar with hiyaw and there are still tons of people who doubt it exists which means their hearing ain't gettin' any better.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2017, 02:02:54 PM »
Neither are your manners. C'mon man... move on.

What's that quote I got last year from somewhere.... with great enlightenment comes great arrogance.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
Neither are your manners. C'mon man... move on.

What's that quote I got last year from somewhere.... with great enlightenment comes great arrogance.

Yeah.  I've been movin on yet there seems to be more suckers born every minute to bad sounding guitars.  So, I am just trying to help out.  I need a bit of arrogance to get thru the crab mentality of Pinoys.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »
That doesn't make any sense to me. But I'll leave you to it.

I would like to take a shot at the questions from Screamous's original post:

what is it exactly?
-- Matt's right, ask FM55 directly. Afterwards, you can believe him or think he's full of crap -- that is your choice. Or you can just ignore what he thinks, forget about this hiyaw thing, move on and do your own thing, like me.  :-D

is it only for those who looks for it?
-- From what I've observed, for the most part, I do believe so. Personally, I don't care about it. At the end of the day, I can sleep soundly at night knowing I'm happy enough with whatever sound I am able to come up with through the gear I have in hand.

possible ba na magka hiyaw ang Low-End at Mid-End Guitars? (or dpat i-assume ko na nsa 98% na sila)
-- Possible. Just not as likely. This is not just about hiyaw, however you want to define it, but overall build quality. But again, the key term is likelihood. There are too many exceptions to use the term absolute. But el cheapos really do tend to be crapshoots when chasing tone.

possible din ba na ma-distinguish ang hiyaw thru HD recording (video record, hnd yung nka mix na hehe)
-- Yes, but it will always leave room for doubt, especially when what matters is the sound coming out of the live speaker cabinet reaching your ears.  Anything that comes between those two objects becomes reason enough for tone snobs and purists to doubt the authenticity of the sound. It's one of the reasons why this debate is still alive.

is it defined by every guitarist's personal definition?
-- LOL... if that's the case, then there will be no end to this discussion.

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2017, 02:50:59 PM »
In a music production perspective, does hiyaw really matter?
Sa tone-shaping or post processing (amp micing, reamping and blah blah) in general. Kailangan ba nun?
Kung oo, does it make local and foreign producers or mixers tone deaf?

Curious lang ako, parang di pa kasi napaguusapan yung aspect na yun. :)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2017, 03:17:17 PM »
That doesn't make any sense to me. But I'll leave you to it.

I would like to take a shot at the questions from Screamous's original post:

what is it exactly?
-- Matt's right, ask FM55 directly. Afterwards, you can believe him or think he's full of crap -- that is your choice. Or you can just ignore what he thinks, forget about this hiyaw thing, move on and do your own thing, like me.  :-D

is it only for those who looks for it?
-- From what I've observed, for the most part, I do believe so. Personally, I don't care about it. At the end of the day, I can sleep soundly at night knowing I'm happy enough with whatever sound I am able to come up with through the gear I have in hand.

possible ba na magka hiyaw ang Low-End at Mid-End Guitars? (or dpat i-assume ko na nsa 98% na sila)
-- Possible. Just not as likely. This is not just about hiyaw, however you want to define it, but overall build quality. But again, the key term is likelihood. There are too many exceptions to use the term absolute. But el cheapos really do tend to be crapshoots when chasing tone.

possible din ba na ma-distinguish ang hiyaw thru HD recording (video record, hnd yung nka mix na hehe)
-- Yes, but it will always leave room for doubt, especially when what matters is the sound coming out of the live speaker cabinet reaching your ears.  Anything that comes between those two objects becomes reason enough for tone snobs and purists to doubt the authenticity of the sound. It's one of the reasons why this debate is still alive.

is it defined by every guitarist's personal definition?
-- LOL... if that's the case, then there will be no end to this discussion.

I am NOT full of crap.

So its now OK for me to say that my guitar is better than yours if you don't look for hiyaw?  Since you don't care about it, its logically for me to claim it.

On your third point, I agree with you.

Its the hiyaw standard that defines the guitar and you recognizing it as a DIPSTICK to determine whether a guitar has the other traits that make it great.  So for nth time, its not ONLY hiyaw per se but in addition to the other properties of a great guitar.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 03:20:42 PM »
In a music production perspective, does hiyaw really matter?
Sa tone-shaping or post processing (amp micing, reamping and blah blah) in general. Kailangan ba nun?
Kung oo, does it make local and foreign producers or mixers tone deaf?

Curious lang ako, parang di pa kasi napaguusapan yung aspect na yun. :)

Its more for the ease of expression of the guitarist -- SO ASIDE FROM HEARING IT; ITS ABOUT FEELING IT.  However, as I pointed out in earlier posts, there are traits that hiyaw point to that indicate a great sounding guitar in terms of timbre.  In addition, a guitar with hiyaw, makes it easier for the player's TONE IS IN THE FINGERS to come out.   

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
I personally think, this issue of Hiyaw has improved.

nag mumukha lang na hindi nag iimprove kasi iisa lang ang constant na visible --detractors.

pero pansinin niyo, marami nang tumahimik

marami na din ako nakakausap privately saying "oh i now get it, i wish i can visit alex..."

and I for one have benefited greatly from FM55. I dont have Baker, Yaron, high end Suhrs or a pre mass production PRS.... Others went for such big names after they learned of them from Alex....pero ako hindi eh..yun na lang eh.... i could have easily gone for them but the difference is, i dont have a budget as big as theirs. wala din akong budget para hanapin yung best combination ng hardware and pickups...

pero happy ako sa journey ko. and i know the guitars i've picked up are good --one way to say na magana gitara mo is if you bring it to a shop and random people get to play/hear it...you get oohs and ahhs and even cash offers sakaling pakawalan mo sa price na offer nila...eh wala pa yan sa level ng guitars ni alex ha.

so yung mga naishare sa akin na kaalaman ginamit ko. shinare ko din sa mga kaibigan ko. and nagbenefit din sila. many of them were skeptical din at first (many years ago), and were piqued nga  when they learned noon na i'd be visiting FM55...nag improve din ang paghahanap nila ng gitara

when i visited one shop in Japan that FM55 frequents...gulat ako they all bowed to me when they learned na kaibigan ko siya...this just shows the other side of the coin....na maraming natuto kay Sir Alex...

yan ang mahirap kasi dito sa forums....detractors na lang ang nakikita ng tao....

pero ang takbo ng buhay nasa inyo yan...

if you think na your behringer sounds better than a real plexi or triple rectifier... e di sige dun ka masaya...

...or if you believe your squire sounds better than all the fender custom shops...then sige, i'll leave you at that...

hindi ako pedantic or nanduduro...i have no time for that. there so much to learn and enjoy eh..

but if you have a desire to improve your tone...think positively. keep your cup empty. base your actions from actual results not forum arguments :-D

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:49:41 PM by analog.matt »

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »
I am NOT full of crap.
LOL... That's your opinion. Let him have his.

So its now OK for me to say that my guitar is better than yours if you don't look for hiyaw?  Since you don't care about it, its logically for me to claim it.
You can say anything you want. I neither need nor want your approval in order for me to be validated. But claiming you're being logical, especially in this case, is pushing it. :lol:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »
LOL... That's your opinion. Let him have his.

(Its my defense because you are IMPLYING it.)

You can say anything you want. I neither need nor want your approval in order for me to be validated.
(Yeah and am saying some opinions are better than others.)

But claiming you're being logical, especially in this case, is pushing it. :lol:
(I thought you didn't care.  Why does pushing it become an issue? :) )

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »
Hehe. Buhay pa pala yang video na yan...

(I thought you didn't care.  Why does pushing it become an issue? :) )
I only pointed it out, Alex. You can keep going with what passes of as logic for you, if you like. It doesn't matter to me. Sige na, mas maganda na lahat ng gitara mo. Hehe.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:08:51 PM by Al_Librero »

Offline knet370

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
At eto yung video.

Q: does the vid contain hiyaw?

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2017, 07:47:16 PM »
Its more for the ease of expression of the guitarist -- SO ASIDE FROM HEARING IT; ITS ABOUT FEELING IT.  However, as I pointed out in earlier posts, there are traits that hiyaw point to that indicate a great sounding guitar in terms of timbre.  In addition, a guitar with hiyaw, makes it easier for the player's TONE IS IN THE FINGERS to come out.   

Ah... medyo limited lang pala yung demographic. BTW, no tone in the fingers vs tone is in the gear yung tinatanong ko. Corny na kasi nun e haha! Tanggapin nalang natin na we have to agree to disagree :lol:

Curious lang ako kung ano yung lawak at limitations din nung "hiyaw". If helpful kasi sa mga audio engineer yun, maraming magbebenefit kahit papaano. hehe

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 01:36:12 AM »

Sir may mga spot na masyadong malakas ang hiyaw kelangan mo yata bumili ng Boss HS-2 HIYAW SUPPRESSOR.  :lol:

This deserves a Grammy.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:43:06 AM by Skybox »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 01:41:04 AM »
Seriously guys, I think I finally understand what's really going on here. OAS spent almost 3 million pesos on his hiyaw guitars and that is exactly the reason why hiyaw NEEDS TO EXIST. Why? Because if hiyaw doesn't exist.......  :-o
#DigitalHiyaw