hulika

Author Topic: Anyone know people who buy/pawn guitars on the spot? Urgent need :(  (Read 2104 times)

Offline warchief

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Hi! Any of you guys know anyone who buy/pawn guitars with a decent price? I need fast cash for my guitars since I really need to pay my school fees. Any heads up would be greatly appreciated. Lots and lots of thanks in advance!

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Anyone know people who buy/pawn guitars on the spot? Urgent need :(
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
Bentang addict ba? Just kidding  :-D

Try mo si freedomtom. Check the classifieds.
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline warchief

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »
Bentang addict ba? Just kidding  :-D

Try mo si freedomtom. Check the classifieds.

Something better than freedomtom sana, hindi ako aabot sa kailangan kong bayaran pag sa kanya ko binenta e. :))

Offline pers

• Netizen Level
... i'm my own enemy.

Offline warchief

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 07:33:08 PM »
Okay, so so far, not even freedomtom is replying, neither is the pawnshop guy. Halp halp

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 08:08:28 PM »
TS, the downside with you looking for someone who would do a quick buy on your used items is that you cannot expect to have a "sulit" price for it. It would always be way below it's market value.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:05 PM »
Check out Pawn Hero, they seem to do guitars.

Offline joel_marcelo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2015, 01:43:36 PM »
If you are selling a US Strat, PM me.

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 01:45:11 PM »
Okay, so so far, not even freedomtom is replying, neither is the pawnshop guy. Halp halp

You can email Tom at baboocat@gmail.com. Realistically speaking, you cannot sell at market price if you are in a rush. Sa case ni Tom or any buy and sell guys, it takes months or years to sell a guitar so you have to understand why they buy below market price.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 02:03:07 PM »
why don't you try repricing pa.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 02:09:29 PM »
have to agree. also, your term "pawn", in the sense of a pawnshop business, already means that you are willing to sell your item for way below the market price. jan kasi sila kumikita eh. isusubasta nila yung item pag di mo tinubos to get their money back, as well as earn from it.

if you want to "pawn" it at market price, im afraid that there will be no sense for the buyer/ buy and sell guy kasi he will not make money on your items.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
have to agree. also, your term "pawn", in the sense of a pawnshop business, already means that you are willing to sell your item for way below the market price. jan kasi sila kumikita eh. isusubasta nila yung item pag di mo tinubos to get their money back, as well as earn from it.

if you want to "pawn" it at market price, im afraid that there will be no sense for the buyer/ buy and sell guy kasi he will not make money on your items.

Quite true. The only way to get the price you are asking for is for a personal user to buy it. Given na malayo pa ang bonus medyo long shot yan unless someone has been looking for that model.

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
I have watched Pawn Stars several times and this holds true, they will not get an item on retail/market price for the reason that they have to make money - half the market price is usually what they pay for sometimes even less.

Online ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 03:00:46 PM »

"pawning" is not actually selling. it's borrowing money with the item as collateral. It's either sell it or pawn it. either way, the lender/or buyer will have to make room for profit to sell the item at market price.
doh!!!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »
"pawning" is not actually selling. it's borrowing money with the item as collateral. It's either sell it or pawn it. either way, the lender/or buyer will have to make room for profit to sell the item at market price.

thanks. was having a hard time explaining it using terms hahahaha.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline d_one

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 03:47:37 PM »
Anong guitars sir?

Offline knet370

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 04:03:58 PM »
Anong guitars sir?

im also interested in knowing :)

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
classifieds thread...

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=330442.msg4576389#msg4576389

Nighthawks and Les Paul Jrs are not easy to re-sell so expect a very low offer for it from buy and sell guys.