hulika

Author Topic: Mid-Level Kit suggestions  (Read 1633 times)

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
Mid-Level Kit suggestions
« on: May 28, 2010, 06:52:14 AM »
Hi guys, been checking out a couple of kits the past few months, been saving up for one of em too... Its been about 5 months now that I dont have a kit, its about time I get a new one.

here are my choices:
1. Gretsch Catalina Maple - love the fact that its maple, its endorsed by sandy on the catalina vs superstar thread, and at 60k it comes with a cymbal pack and its 6 piece already. I've been able to use a catalina maple twice when our office had events in the past.

2. Tama superstar - Its a TAMA, use this in the studio (Stuff of Legends), I like its presence. at around 60k it comes without cymbals. Im curious about the new full birch superstars too. Love the finishes on these better too.

3. Ludwig Epic Power - its a 6 piece, around 59k with zbt4 cymbals. i dont like the 13" tom, wished it was a 14". Not sure of the sound, youtube vids can be misleading :D

4. PDP FS series - 47k with meinl headliner pack, bass pillow, 5 piece, 16" add on can be ordered. this one is full birch, I dont care much about the headliner pack and I wish they could lower the price if purchased without the cymbal pack. found a youtube vid of this (unmic'ed)with the toms sporting evans ec2 and I kinda like the sound, but yeah vids can be misleading

comments and suggestions welcomed, be getting one around mid june.
matututo kaya ako magdrums? kelan kaya iyon...

need gear: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=28593

Offline paeng16

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Mid-Level Kit suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:56:47 AM »
Follow your heart dude!!  :-D

Catalina ka dude... maganda na ang labas ng bagong Catalina ngayon (compared sa unang labas)..
For Sale:
Zildjian Avedis MedThin 16" Crash = 5K
Zildjian ZHT 10" Splash = 2K BNew Gibraltar single pedal and Straight stand = 2K each  PM Me ty..

Offline bluesdriver03

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 11:15:29 AM »
Dude try the Yamaha Tour Custom - it is an all maple drum shell maganda pa yung mga hardware nya in an affordable price.
Thanks

Offline arien_drummer

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 11:47:39 AM »
I'd go for the catalina! ZBT... 6 piece... Maple... Can't beat that! hahahaha very nice kit.
beer and whiskey is very risky... :D:D:D

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »
Tama Superstar hyper-drive po...i've researched many times and the response is very good. it's always 4 out of 5. plus they are now making the in full birch unlike before.
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline wireme

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
Tama Superstar hyper-drive po...i've researched many times and the response is very good. it's always 4 out of 5. plus they are now making the in full birch unlike before.

mismo! sayang nakabili na tayo, all birch na sana! :lol:

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »
Follow your heart dude!!  :-D

Catalina ka dude... maganda na ang labas ng bagong Catalina ngayon (compared sa unang labas)..

bro di afford ng wallet ko ung gusto ng heart ko hahaha (8 piece Tama starclassic kit double bass setup), pero yes maganda nga daw mga bagong labas ng catalina ngayon, thing is sabi sakin ng jb walang package set ang catalina maple ngayon dahil wala yatang hardware puro shell pack lang daw.

Dude try the Yamaha Tour Custom - it is an all maple drum shell maganda pa yung mga hardware nya in an affordable price.
Thanks

not familiar with the yamaha tour custom's price sir hehehe

yep yung nga hintay ko rin makita sir, the full birch models, even si GF Tama ang gusto hahaha

kinukulit ko na nga si sir carlo regarding sa prices eh kaso wala pa daw, loan na loan na ko eh hahaha

* salamat sa mga ng reply keep the comments comming, sana walang magturo sakin dun sa newbie buyer guide hahaha

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »

hehe oo nga eh...kung nag hintay lng tayo ng kahit konting sandali...hehehe
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 04:40:04 PM »
eh yung visions?

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 05:14:34 PM »
eh yung visions?

I wanted the VBX dati pero wala sa JB, meron dun VSX birch, VBX concord fade sana hehehe, yung VMX was 76k if I remember 5 piece mejo malayo na sa prices ng mga tinanong ko :D

Offline jckazs

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
for me it's a toss between the catalina maple and tama superstar. You can't go wrong with either of these.
I believe someone's selling a cat maple in the classifieds for only 30K. If you're ok with a used kit, this is a good deal. Yung natipid mo ibili mo na lang ng high end snare o cymbals.

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
for me it's a toss between the catalina maple and tama superstar. You can't go wrong with either of these.
I believe someone's selling a cat maple in the classifieds for only 30K. If you're ok with a used kit, this is a good deal. Yung natipid mo ibili mo na lang ng high end snare o cymbals.

yes I've been monitoring that thread, the one without the snare, price is down to 28k now :D... if budget turns out to be lower than my expected, I'll definitely get those, I have my own snare naman, but it'd still be nice if the kit was complete with snare...