hulika

Author Topic: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)  (Read 126826 times)

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: RP BAND (Run for your love / When angels march across the sky)
« Reply #175 on: October 21, 2014, 11:56:34 AM »
Just an update:  :-D

Bob Aves posted on his wall in FB - albeit a tribute to Tracks Recording studio (where RP Band recorded their 2 albums). Being an RP Band fan, i placed some comments there hehe.

"Joey Narciso: makikisali lng po. looks like, a get together/reunion/bonding of RP Band taking shape? a (Angee Rozul) remastering/re-release of the 2 RP albums on CD a possibility? (keeping our fingers crossed)"

Mike Pedero of Tracks also replied comments. Here's some:

"Mike Pedero: @Joey, the masters of the first album on 1 inch multitrack tape was destroyed and there are no more 1 inch tape machines available. The 24 track 2 inch tape is rather complicated to remaster because of the complicated tracking that included synthetic drums and all. Will see, maybe in the future when I can set up a new control mix room and maybe move all to digital. A properly acoustically controlled room is important in making sure that the sounds are correct in remixing. Even if done near field, the acoustics play an important factor because of reflections. In time, maybe."

Sad news right? But something to look at here:

"Joey Narciso: @Mike, still, all hope is not lost, at least to a lot of people waiting, longing to hear again the music of RP Band. Hope you keep us in the know when that time comes"
35 mins · Like

"Mike Pedero: We are all still alive and kicking. Will get Jofel Miemban, the engineer of first album to help out in the remix."
32 mins · Unlike · 1

"Joey Narciso: Yey! that sounds like good news! If you read that thread in Philmusic.com about RP Band's music, you'll be surprised to know how those albums inspired and rocked a lot (i mean A LOT) of people in those days, until now! Nag file sharing pa nga kmi ng MP3's to people who like to have converted copies (from tapes and vynil!) More power sa inyo Mike, Bob, Geoff and company, bring those music back on CD"

So, what u think? Yortots?   :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 02:09:48 PM by joeystratman »
Succesful deals thru shipping: turiguillano,sick_angel14,obetski,jrock80's,popoy_goodboy,kiimpoi,pianista,domengshu,guitarakista,heineken01,kenzu,apalabyab,mojo jojo,weareathome,lykenhowl,enzo22,diaboliche,jmorrero,el_sol,musikerochan,spankyrigor

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #176 on: October 21, 2014, 02:41:12 PM »
CONCERRT! CONCERRT! CONCERRT! CONCERRT!  :wave:
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2014, 08:16:46 AM »
IMO, I haven't heard any rock recording as "foreign" sounding as RPs "Strange Storm" album, the first song (strange storms) on side A is a mind blower, kaunting linis lang (hiss and garble, due to tape age), mismo na talaga, 80s na 80s! And the musicianship on the tracks are exceptional! Street legal is ok too, kinda early 80s late 70s sound to it, but awesome songs, all of em are my favorite!

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2014, 12:45:04 PM »
IMO, I haven't heard any rock recording as "foreign" sounding as RPs "Strange Storm" album, the first song (strange storms) on side A is a mind blower, kaunting linis lang (hiss and garble, due to tape age), mismo na talaga, 80s na 80s! And the musicianship on the tracks are exceptional! Street legal is ok too, kinda early 80s late 70s sound to it, but awesome songs, all of em are my favorite!

:razz:
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2015, 02:20:45 PM »
"keep our love alive"  :)

Yey, i got a turntable as a gift!

Now kung makahanap lng ako ng RP Band na plaka .....  :-(
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 11:03:04 PM by joeystratman »
Succesful deals thru shipping: turiguillano,sick_angel14,obetski,jrock80's,popoy_goodboy,kiimpoi,pianista,domengshu,guitarakista,heineken01,kenzu,apalabyab,mojo jojo,weareathome,lykenhowl,enzo22,diaboliche,jmorrero,el_sol,musikerochan,spankyrigor

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2015, 11:45:21 PM »
wow.. tagal na akong nag hahanap ng vinyl ng RP.. swerte !!  :-D
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2015, 10:54:07 AM »
wow.. tagal na akong nag hahanap ng vinyl ng RP.. swerte !!  :-D

Nope bro, i didn't get one, meron binenta sa fb, mint LP ng RP 1st album, kulang pera ko, he sold it to someone else for 3k  :-(

Offline jaykool888

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2017, 10:58:05 PM »
Hey guys! Big fan of RP here. Does anyone have lyrics of While Angels March and Run? Can't quite catch the lyrics of the songs that's posted on youtube. Thanks! :D

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »
Any updates if there's gonna be a RP reunion gig?

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »
Sana meron. huhuhu

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2021, 07:34:13 PM »
If you're reading this, bravo! Hehe, 2021 na, Pandemic times, pero trip ko pa rin ang RP. Opened a page in FB - RP-band tribute page. Pwede kayo mag post anything about RP, album files etc. Ingats mga kapatid!

Offline stirfriedstrat

« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2021, 06:45:34 PM »
If you're reading this, bravo! Hehe, 2021 na, Pandemic times, pero trip ko pa rin ang RP. Opened a page in FB - RP-band tribute page. Pwede kayo mag post anything about RP, album files etc. Ingats mga kapatid!

yey! alam ko madami tayong fan ng RP, di lang nagtatagpo. nawa'y maging daan ang page mo para magkatipon lahat 😊😉☺️

Offline kctan666

• Veteran Member
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2021, 01:00:24 AM »
guys, wow, RP! thanks for keeping the thread alive! The audio in YT isn't top notch though :-(

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: January 11, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
Back in 2000, me and my friend went to Galos (now 19 EAST) to watch Bob Aves' "Inner Country" album launching. After the gig, we approached him to have our RP cassettes (Strange Storms and Street Legal) signed....nagulat siya and he uttered ,,,"Tang*na meron pa kayo neto?". Hahaha that was a lasting memory!

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:15 PM »
@ Kawayan strat, nice story, swerte mo napa sign mo pa ke Bob. (R.I.P.) Me tapes pa ako ng RP, 1st and 2nd album. Gusto kong gumawa ng fan made CD, me mga "enhanced" files kasi ako ng 2 albums. Ipon muna para makabili ng external burner hehe.

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2021, 01:27:12 PM »
Dec. 8,2021 Pandemic times pa rin. Still listening to RP Band. Keep the love alive people. Ingats and God bless :)

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2022, 11:05:03 AM »
June 7, 2022. Wala na yatang nag log-in dito :) Kepp safe pips ..

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2022, 10:40:25 AM »
Bob Aves <3

Offline joeystratman

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2022, 07:54:21 AM »
Good day mga sir. Sino me clean copy ng RP Street Legal album? MP3 sana baka meron kayo. Thanks and keep safe peeps :)