hulika

Author Topic: Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)  (Read 99004 times)

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:39:03 PM »
One of the writers of some of Hillsong's biggest worship songs has said he's "losing his faith".

Marty Sampson whose writing credits include O Praise the Name and King of Majesty took to Instagram to share how we was feeling about his beliefs.

Time for some real talk. I’m genuinely losing my faith, and it doesn’t bother me. Like, what bothers me now is nothing. I am so happy now, so at peace with the world. It’s crazy.

This is a soapbox moment so here I go … How many preachers fall? Many. No one talks about it. How many miracles happen. Not many. No one talks about it. Why is the Bible full of contradictions? No one talks about it. How can God be love yet send four billion people to a place, all ‘coz they don’t believe? No one talks about it. Christians can be the most judgmental people on the planet—they can also be some of the most beautiful and loving people. But it’s not for me.

I am not in any more. I want genuine truth. Not the “I just believe it” kind of truth. Science keeps piercing the truth of every religion. Lots of things help people change their lives, not just one version of God. Got so much more to say, but for me, I keeping it real. Unfollow if you want, I’ve never been about living my life for others.

All I know is what’s true to me right now, and Christianity just seems to me like another religion at this point. I could go on, but I won’t. Love and forgive absolutely. Be kind absolutely. Be generous and do good to others absolutely. Some things are good no matter what you believe. Let the rain fall, the sun will come up tomorrow.
your thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 02:52:04 PM by fretboard »
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 06:29:04 PM »
Why should he disclose this in public?

Edit: If he is losing faith better keep it himself. Nakaka influence kase mga statement ng mga leader sa nasa baba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Hillsong worship leader renounces faith (discussion thread)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 08:40:12 AM »
Why should he disclose this in public?

Edit: If he is losing faith better keep it himself. Nakaka influence kase mga statement ng mga leader sa nasa baba.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bold move right?

i think ok lang yun, in that kind of situation dyan mo makikilala at makikita who'll stand up and who is bolder.

baka naman na burned out lang, which is not an easy predicament for followers and believers.

yung puro ka service, puro ka ministry pero wala ka nang input na na rereceive.

Offline muskratdoug

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
Its ok to vent out our frustrations either by posting it or to talking to someone about our misgivings, hurt, confusion etc... I myself had bouts of loosing faith, but as I prayed and as for guidance, the cause was that I was to concerned to my self, looking at others for their short comings as servants of God, more pre occupied for my own needs than others, asking God why He has not answered my prayers, comparing my self to others and questioning God of His ways. Puro Bakit, why?.

Faith is trusting God, God is love and he will always give us unconditional love, We are created to love and serve God not the other way around, we are servants and stewards to all our brothers and sisters and every physical possessions, every thing we have; our talents and possessions all came from God. Until we don't understand this we will never get to Know Him.

In other to understand God, we must go out and serve, Follow what He was teaching us all along, LOVE, to love is to serve. Why are we blessed? so that we could be a blessing to others! Why do we have talents, speaking, music etc.. so that we could use it to give back.

It took me years to understand all of this, lots of trials and joys in service and still  learning daily, and slowly increasing my Faith in Him. Having a Community is a must and serving in your church, be guided by Pastoral Leaders and Priest. And I all found this in the church which Him self founded the Roman Catholic Church. 

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 10:39:27 AM »
ano ang nawala sa kanya? or ano ang "nagkaroon" sya kung hindi nawalan

i mean, kilala mga songs nya, very inspiring, ano nangyari?

ibig bang sabihin yung time na on fire sya sa pag susulat ng worship songs e creative juice lang yun?