hulika

Author Topic: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues  (Read 133583 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues
« Reply #375 on: November 18, 2006, 08:28:54 AM »
... I'm honored to be part of the Blue Rats story. :-) Thanks for letting me sit in, BB. Great fun! :-)

Btw, I think the wife and vjoe took pics. Ok to share here?

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #376 on: November 18, 2006, 10:09:04 AM »
of course delta! ayus yan ;)

btw BB, you forgot to mention that Mr. "I look like Hulk Hogan" Bob kissed your hand like you were the Pope or somethin.  :-o That's some nasty gay [gooey brown stuff] right there!!! hahahaha. weird weird guy, but looks harmless naman ;)
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #377 on: November 18, 2006, 11:55:58 AM »
... I'm honored to be part of the Blue Rats story. :-) Thanks for letting me sit in, BB. Great fun! :-)

Btw, I think the wife and vjoe took pics. Ok to share here?

Au contraire delta .... we are the ones so honored. For a few moments there, we thought Derek Trucks was sitting in. And despite whatever preferences you have for the slow stuff, your slide slinging on the fast stuff (Tush & One Way Out) was HOT HOT HOT!  :-D

Of course it's ok to share pics/vids here. Gives us a chance to laugh at ourselves and be truly embarassed.  :-P

Quote from: dopedeeva
btw BB, you forgot to mention that Mr. "I look like Hulk Hogan" Bob kissed your hand like you were the Pope or somethin.   :-o

I did call him a hand-kisser. And besides, I am the Pope.................... of no hope. Scrubbed my hand with acohol, lysol and ronson lighter fluid the moment I got home.  :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #378 on: November 18, 2006, 10:56:46 PM »
Au contraire delta .... we are the ones so honored. For a few moments there, we thought Derek Trucks was sitting in. And despite whatever preferences you have for the slow stuff, your slide slinging on the fast stuff (Tush & One Way Out) was HOT HOT HOT!  :-D

Thanks pero you are too kind.  But I did wear my "DT hat" last night to go with the cherry red SG (aka, "theme"). If I had brought the Burny tobaccoburst LP, Duane hat naman yun!  Hehe...  Had too much fun that I shook of my predilection for the slow blues stuff and just rocked on!

Btw, may bago na kaming bansag sa yo... "Jack Black of the Blues". Kasi parang School of Rock tayo kagabi.  Grabeng head/task/band-master ka!  But just like in the movie -- it works and it's fun!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #379 on: November 18, 2006, 11:42:55 PM »
Actually I realized last night that I should really head to the back of the room whenever I get offstage -- kasi itong sina Joey and co. e..... they still look my way kung nagaalanganin sa structure ng kanta. Kinalalabasan, offstage nanny tuloy ako!  :-P

Sige... next time, forget the Santa Claus outfit -- english schoolboy uniform nalang and I'll leap into the audience. Kayo ang sasalo akin ha?!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #380 on: November 19, 2006, 10:02:01 AM »
Actually I realized last night that I should really head to the back of the room whenever I get offstage -- kasi itong sina Joey and co. e..... they still look my way kung nagaalanganin sa structure ng kanta. Kinalalabasan, offstage nanny tuloy ako!  :-P

Sige... next time, forget the Santa Claus outfit -- english schoolboy uniform nalang and I'll leap into the audience. Kayo ang sasalo akin ha?!

I'm sure they were just worried about the jam getting out of hand and needed somebody w/ a big stick in there!

Jack Black in Santa Claus na lang!  ;-)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2006, 07:59:35 AM »

I'm sure they were just worried about the jam getting out of hand and needed somebody w/ a big stick in there!

That's what the ghels all say....  :lol:

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2006, 10:23:05 AM »
ok, eto pics... the usual fuzzy cfon cam quality

watch the girls grind!!!

with some of the jammers:

BOB, the hand-kissing, stalker/jammer! the power in his playing musta come from the large steak he had just eaten...

From the look on deltaslim's face, someone hit a sour note while he soloed or someone farted something awful... hmmm... part of Bob's steak, maybe??!!!  :-D

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:31:32 AM by vegetablejoe »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #383 on: November 20, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »
I was having a real GAS attack!   :-D

"Tone is in d peys!"
- Nathan Manansala, 2005

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #384 on: November 20, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
Clearly the burning tone of glissing glass on the high B note through the Matchless. The photo catches the moment delta's face was just in the process of formation a split second before the note -- ergo, the face preceded the note that triggered the fart caused by bob's steak.

The lesson: Beware of steak eating drummers when playing with bottlenecks -- there's more than tone in a steak.  :-D

Veggie, don't you think there's something to that place? A lot of atmosphere and grit to your pics -- pang blues talaga ang dating.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:14:02 PM by blue buddha »

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #385 on: November 20, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »
Veggie, don't you think there's something to that place? A lot of atmosphere and grit to your pics -- pang blues talaga ang dating.

i know nothing about lighting and photography! :oops: though I was expecting some wildlife to contribute color...  :wink:

Maybe whitey can explain what's going on in there...

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #386 on: November 22, 2006, 04:48:48 PM »

hahahaha!! too funny!

wow what a cool gig and studly jammers! yeyuh!  :-D
Are You Experienced

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #387 on: November 22, 2006, 05:55:23 PM »
....talking about studly jammers..... The two studliest Rats of all time are in town!  :-o  Hope they will be studly enough to come jam with us other studs while they await the special day on which they will officialize their "license to stud" for the purpose of producing many more tiny, ratly studs.  :-D

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2006, 11:01:41 AM »
....talking about studly jammers..... The two studliest Rats of all time are in town!  :-o  Hope they will be studly enough to come jam with us other studs while they await the special day on which they will officialize their "license to stud" for the purpose of producing many more tiny, ratly studs.  :-D

hahaha! "license to stud"!!

yeah I heard!  :-D
Are You Experienced

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #389 on: November 26, 2006, 03:54:20 PM »
Nice gig last night where we were asked to open for the Blueskrieg CD launch at 6Underground. Several forum bands were the main feature -- Dahon, Snakecharmer, Kulukati, Firebottle, and Plug. Good, simple production -- thanks to Rakrakan for having us.

Hard to believe that place used to be Kalye, subsequently Poppie's, and now 6UG. Boy, what that place has seen....

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2006, 02:00:10 AM »
yeah man!  clapton is god :-D  and the diva was dope!!! :mrgreen:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #391 on: November 27, 2006, 07:27:46 AM »
Lefty, may nagsabi nga "galeng galeng niya.... clapton is dad".... hehehe.

Yeah, the deeva was dope(d???).  8-)

TT, you guys were great -- tight and tasty. Did you hear 3Beers, DD, and myself yelling along to "I shall be released"? Great version you guys do.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #392 on: November 27, 2006, 08:34:54 AM »

TT, you guys were great -- tight and tasty. Did you hear 3Beers, DD, and myself yelling along to "I shall be released"? Great version you guys do.

Sino kaya yun?  :-D

+1 sa Snakecharmer, swabe talaga.  Dami ko na peborit songs sa kanila (incl. origs) pero their version of that Dylan classic hits the spot.

Sayang, di nyo inabot yung set namin ng Firebottle. We cut out one song so we can jam and let loose a bit more.  Sarap!  Bawi na lang sa Blue Xmas.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2006, 09:37:29 AM »

Sino kaya yun?  :-D

+1 sa Snakecharmer, swabe talaga.  Dami ko na peborit songs sa kanila (incl. origs) pero their version of that Dylan classic hits the spot.

Sayang, di nyo inabot yung set namin ng Firebottle. We cut out one song so we can jam and let loose a bit more.  Sarap!  Bawi na lang sa Blue Xmas.

You notice how I protect my sources?....  :-D

Bummed nga kami na we missed your set -- may trabaho kinabukasan.  :|

Bago pa tayo mag Blue X'mas, meron pang Handlebar this Friday Dec.1. Drag your fellow gunslingers down here and sit in with us. Special sneak preview ng Blue X'mas. Jam fest uli -- pwede nating habaan....

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #394 on: November 27, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »
Yeah great fun to play at 6UG! That Blueskrieg CD, its about time the music is heard! Congrats to all of the bands that made it on there!

As one dude (dad) put it, Keep on Keepin on.. hehe..  :wink:

Blues Power!
Are You Experienced

Offline rakrakan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2006, 03:36:41 PM »
It was a blast to have the BLUE RATS - hanep ang set ninyo!

KUDOS to yall guys for opening for the new and younger bands - super CLASS ACT!

Medyo mahirap pagkasyahin buong BLUE RATS sa frame, hehehe
some photos from the BLUESKRIEG CD launch party
  - videos coming soon.

Nice gig last night where we were asked to open for the Blueskrieg CD launch at 6Underground. Several forum bands were the main feature -- Dahon, Snakecharmer, Kulukati, Firebottle, and Plug. Good, simple production -- thanks to Rakrakan for having us.

Hard to believe that place used to be Kalye, subsequently Poppie's, and now 6UG. Boy, what that place has seen....

Offline tele-tubby

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #396 on: November 28, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2006, 02:37:06 AM »
oh shuddup TT! sa multiply mo na lang ako asarin...almost 13,000 hits na dito dude, dyahe eh....

ey gerry, thanks ha. pa-post din dito nung crossroads vid kung meron. thanks man! ;)
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #398 on: November 30, 2006, 01:15:19 AM »
Tricie and Miguel coming to sit in with the band on Friday at Handlebar. Should be the bomb (as Randy Jackson says). That will be 11 current and ex-Rats potentially making noise at the same time. Could be some sort of record....  8-)

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #399 on: November 30, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »
 :-D wait.. lemme see.. yep, i believe it is some kinda record here..  :lol:
Are You Experienced